Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 30 Someone Wins A Bet

Chapter 30 Someone Wins A Bet
Tom and I stayed in our bed for the rest of the night. I had a very restless sleep; I couldn’t avoid my subconscious any longer.

I was walking in a forest, all alone. It was all but quiet except for the rustle of the leaves on the trees from the gentle breeze. I clenched my hands into fists, my knuckles white. My walk became a bit faster; there was a faint noise from behind me, and I decided not to turn around and see what was behind me. I could feel it getting closer to me, and I broke into an all out run. I screamed, and screamed, running and willing myself to not turn around. But, curiosity killed the cat, and I turned.

There was a white wolf, coming at me with teeth bared. His mouth was foaming, his gray eyes flashed blood red. This wolf was bloodthirsty, and would stop at NOTHING to have me dead and bleeding. It let out a growl loud enough to shake the entire forest, and I screamed louder. I tried to run a bit faster, but the wolf was gaining on me. I then tripped over a tree root, and fell to the muddy ground. I began to sob as the wolf slowed itself down to a walk, and stood only a few feet away from me. It then circled around me, analyzing where and when to attack its prey. And then… it pounced.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed, kicking and throwing my arms in defense. I gasped for air, and realized I was with Tom in our bed. Tom was surprisingly still asleep after my shouting ordeal. I brushed the hair out of his face, and softly kissed his lips.

I got out of bed, and looked at the clock. We had slept through most of the day; it was noon. I quietly opened one of the dressers and found some suitable clothes for me to wear. It seemed Tom knew my dressing needs better than I did. I grabbed a green and gray TEAM DRACO shirt out, and pulled it over my head. I pulled on some jeans, and threw my hair back into a bun. I put on some brown eye shadow and some black eyeliner, and left Tom to his dreams.

As I ran down the stairs, there was a knock at the door. I looked out the window, and saw, to my surprise, that it was Dan. “What’s going on?” I asked as I opened the door. Dan had his uniform in his hand, and pay stub in the other. He looked really upset.

“You win… you and Mary both win. I quit Shop Rite today…”

My jaw dropped to the floor. “But… why?”

“I can’t support Mary this way! I mean, $7.50 an hour? It’s ludicrous that anyone can survive on that, let alone do anything with it…”

“I bought my car with the money I earned Dan,” I said quietly. “And I’ll have you know that this is the real world. This is the life that you never even knew existed. This is the dog eat dog world you were fortunate to not have to grow up in. Be grateful that you have things that many people don’t have…”

“I hate your shirt,” said Dan as I invited him in. “And I got Mary one that says TEAM HARRY on it and it’s gold and red…”

“Is that all you came here for?” I asked as we sat down in the parlor.

“No… I have some good news.”

YIPPEE! Finally, something good that’s happened apart from all this bad!

“Melissa Carrington is now in Newark Woman’s Prison Facility, and she won’t be out for about six months!”

The Hallelujah Chorus was playing in my head, and I broke into a huge smile. I jumped up, and gave Dan a huge hug. “DAN!!!! I COULD KISS YOU! But I won’t… Mary would kill me.”

“That’s right… I would,” said a voice from behind us. Dan and I turned, and sure enough, Mary had just barged into the mansion, and was now walking over to Dan for a kiss. “Mmm. Baby, what’s with the Shop Rite uniform? I thought it was all going so well for you.”

“I quit Mare, all four of us are going back to England,” said Dan as he wrapped his arms around Mary and pulled her in for a make-out session of epic proportions. I gagged, and Mary pulled away for a split second to give me a glare, and then started back up where she had left off.

I’m going to have a role in Harry Potter with Mary! I thought to myself. This is gonna be awesome! Not only that, Melissa Carrington will be in Newark prison, unable to get her drunken hands on me or anyone I love! This will be perfect!

But what I didn’t know that things were going to change… and they were going to change fast. And by going to England at all, all four of us had sealed our doom…

* * *
Dan and Mary went back to Mary’s place to pack their things, while I ran upstairs to wake Tom. Amidst all of the noise, Tom STILL remained sleeping. God, he slept like a log…

I pounced on top of him, and kissed him with all the burning desire I had for him in me. That woke him up fast, and he pulled me closer to him, wrapping my legs around him. “Mmm. Morning Joanne…”

“Uh, babe,” I said in between kisses. “It’s 12:30 in the afternoon…”

Tom rolled his eyes. “What’s up beautiful? You look very happy this AFTERNOON,” he emphasized. “I’m surprised because you were doing plenty of screaming in your dreams last night, and none of them had anything to do with pleasure…”

Great. Now I can talk in my sleep, and I kept Tom up all night with my screams. That’s why he slept so soundly… He didn’t get any sleep till now.

“Well, apart from my childish nightmares,” I said, curling into Tom’s arms. “We are going back to England!”

Tom’s face fell. “No… you are not going. I don’t care what you have to say. I am not letting you-”

“Dan gave up on Shop Rite, and so we are going to England,” I said, a smug look on my face. “All four of us… And we have nothing to fear because Melissa is in JAIL right now, and won’t be released until 6 months later… That is, if she makes bail.”

Tom broke into a smile, and started to kiss me all over. “You are going to love everyone on set! Everyone is so nice and sweet! Even the guys who play Crabbe and Goyle are really nice! I dunno who you and Mary will play, but I bet Dan can convince the casting director to give the two of you good roles…”

“Why don’t you go pack?” I said, getting up and gathering my things up in a hurry. “Dan said that we are leaving for England tomorrow, so we better get packing…”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom held my hand as our private jet took off in the air. My leg bounced up and down, a family trait I had inherited from my dad. Whenever my dad, sister or I get nervous, our leg shakes. And right now, it was shaking so much, it looked like a convulsion.

Dan looked over at me, and saw how jittery I was, and poured me a glass of champagne to calm me down. I drank the entire glass in one shot, and then motioned for him to give me the bottle. He did, and he, Mary, and Tom watched as I downed the ENTIRE bottle.

“Holy…” said Dan as I tossed the bottle. “Can she normally do that?”

“I’ve never seen her try,” said Mary. “She usually doesn’t drink, but I know she has this thing about flying… It scares her to death.”

I sat there, tightening my grip on Tom’s hand, waiting for the alcohol to kick into my system and numb me out. “Get me another bottle please…”

“You’ll kill yourself,” said Tom as he tried to release his hand that was in my tight grasp. “Please, calm it down. We are going to be there in less than an hour. It will all be over soon, just lay back, and close your eyes…”

Tom started to hum Time Isn’t Healing, and my eyes began to flutter shut. I felt the alcohol finally kick in, and it was pulling me into a deep sleep, just like Tom’s sweet, British accented singing voice was.

I could hear a faint sound of a car approaching, the horn blowing a steady stream of honks. I turned behind me, and saw a rusty red Chevy pickup truck come barreling down the dirt path. The windshield was too dirty for me to see who was driving the car from a distance, but somehow, I knew who was in the car.

I started to run, my feet hitting the dirt making a steady thud thud. I felt a scream rise in my throat, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, and I could feel the Chevy bearing down on me, the engine growling like a tiger, bearing down upon its prey. “CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!” I screamed as I continued to run faster and faster. But I knew there was no one there, no one for miles and miles. I was done for.

I turned around and the pickup had disappeared, and was replaced by a white wolf. It launched itself at me, and tore at my flesh. I screamed out in pain. So much blood… so much pain…

I opened my eyes, and realized that the jet had just landed, and everyone was looking at me strangely. “What?”

“You were screaming,” said Dan, who looked very pale. “’Can anyone help me?’ you screamed. ‘Blood… so much blood… Help me…’”

I looked at the floor, and Tom put a comforting arm around me. “I think it might just have been the alcohol talking,” said Tom defensively. “Come on, let’s get to the studio and get our girls each a part…”

Tom spoke with the limo drover, and made sure that he would drop our things off at home after dropping us at the studio. I tried to sober up as much as I could, but my head was spinning from a combination of the dream and the champagne. Ah, so this is what a hangover is like.

“Ugh,” I groaned as the door to the limo was slammed shut. “My head… Shh door, I have a headache…”

“Someone has a hangover,” sang Dan as he cuddled with Mary.

“I’m not too out of it to kill you for that Dan!” I growled before passing out in Tom’s arms.

“So much for trying to kill me…” I heard before the limo faded to black.

“I heard that!” I said as I buried my face into Tom’s chest.