Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 33 Time To Show Your Acting Chops!

I curled up in the bed, wrapping the sheets around me. I didn’t DARE leave the house; that would be total suicide. I tried not to think of any night walkers, and what would happen if Tom had encountered them as a wolf.

I inhaled the sheets that had the wonderfully masculine scent of Tom on them, and curled up and went to sleep.

* * *
“This just in!” said the anchor woman on the television. I was sitting in the kitchen, having a bowl of cereal before going off to set. “Melissa Carrington from London, has broken out of her cell in Newark Prison in New Jersey. Police are still investigating-”

I sighed. I knew it was too good to be true. I turned the TV off before the anchor woman could utter more about the situation. Good thing too, because Tom came down the stairs, yawning and stretching.

“Morning babe,” I said as I gave him a kiss. “Rough night?”

“Yeah, thank God it’s only once a month…”

“Speak for yourself,” I said. “Come on, have a spot of breakfast… You’ll need your strength.”

Tom plopped down, looking more like a zombie than a wolf man, and I poured him some coffee. He popped two Eggos in the toaster, and leaned his head against my shoulder as he waited for them to pop up.

“Oh babe, you must have had a rough night,” I said comfortingly, fixing his wild hair that was stuck up in random places. “I did too. Not having you with me was pretty rough…”

“It was better than being with me as a w-o-l-f under a full moon,” said Tom quietly. “Thank God you warned me. I could have killed you if you didn’t speak up… And I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I knew I had done anything to you like that…”

“Tom, I don’t think you would ever kill me, even as a you-know-what under a full moon,” I whispered. “You love me, and I know you would never kill me, even if you did lose control…”

“You don’t know that for sure,” said Tom as his eyes met mine. “And I’m not willing to have a test run to prove your theory. Everything will be fine until next month, then we have to worry… You still aren’t afraid of me?”

“Behind the wolf, is the man I love. I love both the man and the wolf, for they are one in the same person.”

I finished up my cereal, and washed and put away my dishes as Tom sat there munching his Eggo. I ran upstairs to change into suitable clothes, and decided on a IRELAND Quidditch t shirt and some jeans. I straightened my hair, and put on some cherry lip gloss, leaving my face bare. I knew make up would just be a waste since there would be someone who would do mine professionally. I tied my hair into a ponytail, and went to go brush my teeth.

I stood there, brushing for a while, thinking about what I had just heard on the news. How can someone just escape from jail like that? And, be able to get through the police, and no one can find her!

I spat in the sink, and rinsed with some Listerine. Tom stood in the doorway, dressed in a white button down shirt, and black pants. He brushed past me to brush his teeth, and I spat out my mouthwash. I looked over my teeth, making sure they were good enough for the camera, and Tom laughed at me before spitting into the sink. “What’s your problem? I like having my teeth in my mouth, thank you very much…”

I turned to leave the bathroom so Tom could finish up, and bounded down the stairs. “Morning Joanne!” greeted Mrs. Felton. “My, it is a gloomy day! And you are off to go to work with Tommy. Oh, let me tell you, he was a right old mess when you left us my dear, but now, he seems to be getting a bit better now that you’ve come back into our lives!”

I smiled, and gave her a hug. She was such a kind, warmhearted person, and she always took care of me when I stayed at the house. “Thanks for letting me stay here and continue to be in your son’s life. I really do love him, more than anything…”

“Dearie, I know that, he knows that,” said Mrs. Felton, glowing. “I’m just a-waiting for you two to get married, and then have some babies! Oh, I know you two would have BEAUTIFUL children!”

“Already planning our lives together mum?” said a voice from the top of the stairs. Tom walked down the stairs, and walked over to where I was standing, and put his arm around me. “Really mum! What next? You’ll be buying the engagement ring and asking her to marry me?”

“That’s a great idea! Thanks Tommy!” squealed Mrs. Felton as she ran off quickly.

“Look what you made her do!” I said, elbowing Tom in the side. “You know it is way too soon to be thinking of getting married!”

Tom shrugged. “Let her have her fun. Besides, I’d want to see her propose to you to marry me!”

I rolled my eyes before we headed out the door and into Tom’s car. “I love your mother to death, but I’m not going to subject her to that. I’ll just tell her that I’m not going to marry you, case closed…”

Tom’s face went completely blank, and we changed the subject. “Erm, was I supposed to wear a white buttoned shirt and black pants?” I asked nervously.

“You haven’t been sorted into your whole character yet,” said Tom as he turned into the parking lot. “You might be a background student in some shots, and then you’ll be my girlfriend in other scenes. It all depends on what they need you for. And you look adorable as usual…”

“Thank you,” I said, giving him a kiss. “And you look like a dreamy sex God that you are…”

Tom grinned, and took my hand as we walked onto the set of Harry Potter.

“Hola, I’m Alfonso Curan, the director on this set. Welcome to the cast!” said Alfonso as he shook my hand. “Today we are filming the battle scene, so here are the both of your robes. Of course, Joanne, you shall be in Slytherin because you are a Death Eater… Now all I want you to do, is mutter any of the Harry Potter spells you can think of that will be useful to fight against another character, and flick your wand a bit. You will be facing off against Evanna Lynch, or really Luna Lovegood…”

“This shall be interesting,” I said as I threw on a black Hogwarts robe with the Slytherin crest on the upper right side. They handed me a thin wand with a cushioned handle, and I gave it a flick for fun. I smiled, and poked Tom in the side with it. “Get naked… How come this stupid thing doesn’t work? I thought this thing was magic!”

Alfonso laughed, and patted me on the back. “I can see we are going to be good friends. Your sense of humor is amazing…”

I was parted from Tom as I went into hair and make up. “Zo, Zam vants you to ‘ave dark ‘air?” said a woman with a very thick French accent. “No worriees, I am a professional!”

She practically ripped my hair out of my ponytail, and began applying the dye to my hair. I tried to hold back my tears, but there was no turning back now. Boy was I gonna get killed when my mother found out…

As I waited for the color to set, I went and got my make up done. They put dark shadow on my eyes to bring out my eyes. They applied a pale pink blush to my cheeks, and a pinkish red lipstick. I went back to the French lady, and she washed the dye out of my hair, and began to blow dry it straight.

My hair had gone from a light to medium sort of brown, to a pitch black. I didn’t even recognize myself in the mirror; I looked evil. “Whoah!” I cried. “This is a bit dramatic…”

I walked on set, wand in hand, and walked over to Evanna. Her hair was done long , flowy and blonde. I would KILL for hair like that. “So, we are supposed to be fighting,” said Evanna with a smile. “I’m Evanna Lynch. I think I remember you from the premiere. Were you the one who was Tom’s date who got that nasty stuff dumped on you?”

I cringed. "BITCH!!!!!!!!!!" screamed Melissa as she threw some smelly, dirty, foul water onto me and some of the cast.

Security came to take her away, and I began to cry. I smelled like ass, and I felt bad that Tom, Mary, Dan, and Emma had gotten wet from the crazed fan.

"I'M NOT FUCKING THROUGH WITH YOU BITCH!!!!!!!" screamed Melissa. "YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!!"

“Are you okay?” asked Evanna as she felt my forehead. “You look a little green….”

“I’m fine,” I said. “I just don’t like to remember that incident. It bothers me when people bring it up…”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know!” said Evanna regretfully. “Okay, so the directors want us here on these markers…” She pointed to the tape on the floor.

“We cannot leave outside of this box when we fight,” said Evanna. “We have to contain ourselves in this space, otherwise they won’t be able to film us fighting. Do you understand?”

I nodded, and prepared as the other actors filed in on the set. I saw Mary standing next to Dan wearing her red wig. Her and Dan looked very tense as Dan tried to coax her through the scene, and tell her what she was supposed to do.

“QUIET ON THE SET!” said Alfonso. “AND… ACTION!”

All of us started flicking our wands, saying spells loudly, trying to “defeat” the other person. “CUT!” The bell rang, and we all stopped to listen to what Alfonso had to say about the scene.

“That was good for the first take,” said Alfonso. “Now, I want you, you, and you in harnesses, and you guys will be doing flips like you have been hit by a very powerful spell. Got it? Now, we are going to focus on the scene with Dan and Mary. Everyone but the group over here-” He pointed to where Evanna and I were standing next to a group of big guys and girls. “The group here will sit out for now. QUIET ON THE SET! AND… ACTION!”

“Ginny-” said Dan as he held Mary’s shoulder’s. “Get yourself OUT! I am not going to let you get hurt in this war. Don’t you see? Enough innocent blood has been spilt in my name. I couldn’t stand it if you had died because they wanted to get to me… Please go seek refuge!”

“I’m not going to sit at home like some sort of coward while you go off fighting!” said Mary passionately and with a hint of aggravation in her voice. “I’M NOT A CHILD! I am willing to fight for you just as hard as any member of the Order or any of your friends. I love you!”

Mary leaned in for the kiss, and Dan winced, making the director call cut.

“Thank God,” muttered Dan. SLAP!

Mary went running out of the room, and the people who remained all looked at Dan, glaring at him. I ran off to find Mary in the loo, crying her eyes out. “Mary, it’s me. Tell me what’s going on. What happened after I left to lead up to this moment?”
Mary blew her nose and wiped her eyes. “Well, I asked Dan if he was a vampire, and he flipped. He threw shit against the wall, some of the things that flew through the air moved by themselves…”

“He cursed his ass off. ‘Fucking wolf told you didn’t he?’ he said as he grabbed me roughly, and threw me down on the bed. I told him that I didn’t know what he was talking about, and that you told me. He got real quiet, and then told me to go. He tossed me a huge wad of cash, and told me to stay at the nicest hotel in London. It broke my heart that he didn’t want me with him! And now, dealing with him here, having to pretend that everything’s fine, it’s killing me inside!”

“Hey, it could have been worse,” I said, giving Mary a hug. “He could have kicked you out with no place to go and no money. At least he cared enough to send you to a nice hotel…”

“That’s not the point!” hissed Mary as she fixed her ruined make up. “I want to be able to talk to him about this problem, but I’m scared he will throw things again! Can you talk to him for me?”

I sucked in air sharply. This was what I was afraid of. If Dan could make things fly about the room, and was pissed that I told Mary the truth, I was in great danger…But I didn’t want to hurt Mary’s feelings. Boy are catch 22’s hard!