Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 36 Do You Sing?

We finished the Room of Requirement scene, and that was the last scene for me to shoot for the day. Tom soon wrapped up, and Alfonso took the two of us to the side for a chat.

“Joanne, Tom, this may sound a bit weird and totally off the wall but, do you sing?”

My jaw dropped. “I’ve only been in choir for almost ten years!” I cried, excited about what Alfonso was leading up to.

“And I’ve sang in several choirs over the past couple of years too!” said Tom excitedly.

“Well, that’s great! I was thinking,” said Alfonso. “I want the cast to be included in the soundtrack of the Deathly Hallows. So, how would you two like to be on the soundtrack?”

I couldn’t stop grinning, I was so happy. Tom and I were so excited. “Great!” said Alfonso. “We haven’t settled on all of the songs yet, but what we have had in mind is a little quartet of you two and Dan and Mary for one song. Mind you, we can record any of you at any time. The song we want the four of you to sing is Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Have you heard-”

But whatever he was going to say was cut off by my screams of joy. “Oh my God! I love that song! That sounds perfect for the movie! I’m totally psyched for it! When can we get started? I’m ready when you guys are!”

“Well,” said Alfonso with a small smile. “You two will be out of work for a few days, so how about you guys come in tomorrow and the day after to record. Here’s the place where the recording studio is at. And, the song is not going to be all Green Dayish. It’s going to be more on the orchestral side, with light guitars and drums…”

“Ok cool!” I said as Tom took my hand and squeezed it. “I’ll see you in two days then!”

Tom and I sad goodbye to the cast, and I gave Mary a hug. “It will all be okay, I promise,” I said, patting her lightly on the back. “If you need me, give me a call, but try not to call me when I’m… busy…”

Mary laughed, and I smiled, happy that for one split second, she was smiling and laughing. As we walked out of the building, Tom and I didn’t say one word to each other. But as soon as we got in the car-

“I FUCKING CAN’T BELIEVE WE HAD TO BE IN A ROOM WITH DAN TO PRACTICE OUR FUCKING LINES!” roared Tom as he slammed the car door shut.

“Well sweetheart, he is the star of the whole movie!” I said as I patted his knee. “I mean, how else are we going to do the lines? We can’t do them without him! And I think you might be a tad bit overreacting over the situation…”

“OVERREACTING?!?!?!” shouted Tom. “Well, let’s see, Dan tried to kill you today, and for what? And you tell me I am overreacting now? I care about you Joanne. I don’t want you, nor anyone else to get hurt by him. He’s dangerous, and I don’t know how he could be so calm in front of everyone, but then when he gets alone with someone…”

“It’s not something he can control most of the time,” I said sharply. “Like someone I know; he has the same condition…”

“I’m a bloody wolf Goddamn it!” shouted Tom. “I’m not dead in any shape or form, and I don’t drink blood! At least I’m human!”

“I’m sorry Tom, shout louder, they didn’t hear you in Beijing!” I shouted angrily. “You need to calm your ass down! This is not a situation you have any control over, so just let it pass. We are not going to be with Dan for TWO DAYS, now shut the fuck up before I make you!”

Tom did shut up, and then I was sorry for what I had said. I didn’t mean to be so harsh, it was just things were starting to get out of control…

Tom parked in his driveway and cut the engine. We both sat there, not getting out. “I’m sorry,” I whispered before opening the car door and getting out. I closed the door, and ran to the front door and into the house.

“Joanne!” said Mrs. Felton. “Please, would you be a dear and become part of the family?” She held this small black box in her hand, and opened it to reveal a beautiful diamond engagement ring.

“I’m sorry, Tom and I are in the middle of a fight, so I don’t think that’s possible right now,” I said, tears now falling down my face. “I know how much this means to you, but I really don’t see it happening right now…”

Mrs. Felton gave me a warm hug, and I cried into her shoulder. “Come dear, I’ll make your favorite tea…”

The hot water was already boiling in the kitchen, and she gave me a cup with my special vanilla chai teabag in it. She carefully poured the water into my cup, and I sat at the kitchen table, wiping away my tears. “Come on dear, tell me all about it…”

“It’s really stupid,” I said as I sipped my tea. “I love him so much, and I know he loves me-”

“I’m not seeing the problem, Joanne,” said Mrs. Felton as she sat down next to me.

“He’s… a bit overprotective,” I said quietly. “He thinks situations, people, and things are a hazard to me, and I know he’s doing it because he loves me, but sometimes a caged bird needs to be let free every once and a while.”

“Tom always treats his girls so nice,” said Mrs. Felton. “I know you feel like you have no freedom, but remember that he loves you.”

“That part’s one of the least hardest things to remember,” I said as I started to smile. “I hope things work out between me and your son. I really do love him. I’ve never felt a love this pure before. I think it was fate when he came to America and met me… I hope I do make your dream come true and marry your son someday.”

Mrs. Felton chuckled, and hugged me again. I finished my tea, and turned around as I heard the front door close. Tom walked into the room, and he had a forlorn look about his beautiful face. “I’ll let you two be,” said Mrs. Felton as she left the room. I wished she had stayed just in case things had gotten too heated.

“Look,” said Tom softly as he took both of my hands in his. “I am really sorry for going off at you like that. But you have no idea how angry I am that you just went alone to confront Dan. He’s dangerous, and I’m not about to lose you again. He could kill you or worse… he could turn you into a vampire. And if he does, I will not be able to be with you. Vampires are a wolf’s enemy, and we do not mix and mingle.”

“I understand, and I am sorry for yelling too,” I said as I pecked his lips and hugged him tightly. “Can we not fight. I hate it, yelling at you, you yelling at me. All this drama is not for me. I can barely handle acting on the set of Harry Potter!”

Tom laughed, and kissed me. “If I recall, you were the one who did the fighting scene in two takes. If that isn’t amazing, I don’t know what is…”

“Amazing… hm, let’s try the fact that your mother tried to propose for you,” I snorted with laughter. “I wonder if she has my wedding dress in her bedroom closet…”

“Probably,” shrugged Tom. “Good news. Dan and Mary are filming still tomorrow and the next day when we are recording. They have recording session s the next two days after us.”

“That’s good,” I said as I put my arms around his neck. “I’m tired babe, I’m going to bed…”

“Okay, I’m going to go shower,” said Tom. “I’ll be in bed in a few minutes…”

I walked up the stairs, and went into Tom’s room. I opened the bureau, and found my pink pajama bottoms, and a cute pink matching top. I took off the caked on makeup, and brushed my now long black hair. Lord, I was a witch alright. Couldn’t get any closer than me…

I got into bed, waiting for Tom’s shower to be over. It was taking longer than usual, and I yawned. I started to close my eyes, and I faded into a deep sleep.
* * *
“Joanne, please wake up,” whispered Tom’s soft voice in my ear. “Please, I’ll do anything!”

“Well, I could-” began Dan as his eyes gleamed red.

“NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL!” said Tom as he pushed Dan into the wall.

“Both of you stop it!” cried Mary as she held my hand. “It’s not making the situation any better!”

I lay there in my hospital bed in a coma, able to hear everything and see everything in an out of body experience. My heart monitor was beeping at a normal rate, and Mary started to cry again. “I can’t believe this… Why can’t the two of you for once be friends? I mean, you used to be so tight, and now look! Poor Joanne might not even make it out of this fucking coma, and you two are fighting! It makes me sick! If you aren’t going to be here for her, GET THE FUCK OUT!”

No one moved an inch, and watched as Tom inched towards my bedside and kissed my lips. “Joanne… wake up for me? Please? I’ve kissed my true love, my princess, my world, my everything. Why won’t she wake up?”

“That stuff’s only in fairy tales,” said Dan spitefully.

“Yeah, but what we are is also fairytale, myth crap,” said Tom. “And look at us. Who says vamps and wolf men don’t exist?”

Tom stroked my cheek with his thumb, and kissed me again. “If you wake up, I promise I will get mum to stop asking to marry me… I’ll never ask you to marry me, I’ll make love to you as many times as you want. I will cut my heart out and offer it to you on a platinum necklace if only you’d just… wake… up.”

But I didn’t wake up, and my heart monitor was beeping slower and slower, until it finally flat lined. I looked down at my hands, and watched as my body started to fade, and Mary, Tom, and Dan mourned over me.

“NO JOANNE!!!! PLEASE COME BACK!!” sobbed Tom as he held my cold, dead body in his arms.

“Oh no!” sobbed Mary into Dan’s shirt.