Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter Four Can Things Possibly Get Any Worse? Oo

"Er- hi," said Tom as he knocked on the car door. "Are you gonna be okay enough to drive? Cause I have my license, and I can drive if you want me to..."

"I'll be fine. You'll be okay if we head back to my house to chill. Sorry the tour of Seaside was crap..." I said sadly as Tom got in the front seat, and Mary got in the back.

"I had fun playing skee ball," said Tom. "Look what I won for you..."

"Aw... it's a mini you!" I cried, looking at the cute doll in Tom's hands. "Don't let my sister get to it. She will de-pants you and decapitate you. I should know, that's how most of my Barbies ended up 'dead.'"

Tom and Mary laughed as I started the engine and got back on the parkway.

"So Tom, is your doll anatomically correct?" I teased.

"Maybe, maybe not," said Tom with an evil smirk.

"Guess I will have to take a peek for myself," I said with an even eviler smirk.

"Guess you will," said Tom.

"I thought you had a girlfriend," said Mary. "Guess you forgot about that..."

"Oh, screw her," said Tom, leaning back in his seat. "She didn't even want to come to America with me. She doesn't like any of the same things I do. And she is a nag. I dunno why we are still together, but we are..."

"There has to be something in common!" I said. "Music maybe?"

"I'm a rap/rock sorta person, she's a pop princess..."

"Hobbies?"

"Fishing, she likes the mall..."

"Favorite color?"

"Blue, and she likes pink..."

I made a gagging noise, and Tom laughed. "Haha, I feel the same way. Pink is so... ugh, gross."

"Wow, so you guys have absolutely nothing in common?" I asked. "Then why are you going out?"

"Well she's pretty-"

"I KNEW IT!" I shouted. "You're shallow! That's what this is all about! You will date some blonde airhead who has absolutely NOTHING in common with you, nor the intelligence to match yours over someone who is decent looking with loads in common with you! Ugh, you disgust me..."

"What I was gonna say was she's pretty nice," said Tom.

"Oh... sorry 'bout that. Ramblings, yeah I'm a nutcase..." I mumbled.

"You know what? Maybe I will break up with Melissa. She wants to go back to England anyway, so why not let her have her wish?" said Tom as he leaned his head on the car window. "Then I can be with the person I want to be with..."

My heart sank. He was dumping Barbie for another ditzy one?

"Who-who is the girl you have in mind?" I asked politely.

"Strange you ask this, but I was thinking you," said Tom.

Inside, I was screaming, doing the Macarena, jumping up and down. On the outside, I couldn't breathe. "R-really?"

"You seem like a nice girl, and I know we just met, but we can get to know each other a bit better, and work our way up from here," said Tom as he patted my thigh gently.

"I've got no objections!" I cried as I broke out in a huge grin.

"So much for the 'All I need is me' philosophy," smirked Mary.

"Oh shut your pie hole, or I'll send those naughty pics you took for Dan to him," I said jokingly.

"Oh, I bet he would enjoy them!" said Mary.

We finally made it home, when I saw someone I hadn't seen in several years sitting on my porch.

"What are you doing here Alex?" I asked as I walked up to him.

Alex was a tall, skinny, blond boy with a crew cut. He wore black work shoes, black loose jeans, and a gray t shirt. He looked at me, and then looked at Tom.

"Who's he?" Alex asked, pointing at Tom. "Can't be your boyfriend... I am your boyfriend."

I slapped my forehead. Here we go...

"Boyfriend?!" said Tom. "You didn't tell me-"

"He is SOOOO not my boyfriend," I said. "It's quite a long story actually..."

"Yeah, she doesn't like to tell people she is my girlfriend because she likes to screw around like the whore that she is," said Alex as he slapped me across the face.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I held my face in my hand where he had just hit. I saw Tom's fists clench in rage.

"You DARE hit a woman, AND insult her to her face?!" said Tom, walking up to Alex. He stared him down, and I realized that Tom was a good couple of inches taller and much stronger than Alex.

"Oh, come on British boy!" said Alex. "Don't you people know a whore when you see one?"

WHAM! Fists were flying, and in an instant, Alex and Tom were on the ground and beating the crap out of each other.

"STOP IT! YOU AREN'T MAKING THINGS BETTER!" I cried. "STOP IT NOW BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE!"

Mary and I pulled Tom off of Alex, and Alex backed away, slowly got up, and took off on his bike as fast as lightening.

"Fucking prick!" said Tom as he wiped his bloody nose on his sleeve. "I don't care who you are, no one insults a woman like that NOR hits them or abuses them in any way..."

"Come now, let's get you cleaned up," said Mary as we all walked into my house.