Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 40 A Turn For The Worst...

Tom put his hands on either side of my face, wiping my tears. “I-I can’t stay here. I’m sorry.”

Tom kissed my lips, but I pulled away. Our spark, our fire, the passionate love we had for each other had burned and fizzled out. There was nothing but ash and smoke left now.

“Joanne…”

“I don’t love you anymore…”

Tom ran his hands through his hair, and bit his bottom lip. He couldn’t look at me, and I could tell that although he was trying his best not to, he was slowly starting to cry. It hurt me to see him so anguished, but it also made me feel good that he was now sharing some of the pain I had.

I grabbed my suitcase, and walked to the front of the house. I waited several minutes for a taxi, and then took off for the airport. I couldn’t stop the tears from falling down my face. I hated causing him so much pain, but hey, where was he when I needed him most?

“Sir… you are driving past the airport. Turn around, or I’ll miss my flight!” I yelled at the taxi driver. The driver turned around and gave me an evil grin. “You cannot be serious!”

“Oh yes I am,” said Alex as he turned back to watch the road. “All Melissa’s idea. You escaped from us once, it’s not gonna happen again. We now know why and how you escaped, and we’ve fixed that little problem with a little occlumency, if you will.”

“Occlumency my ass,” I muttered. “The only thing you can shut off is your brain, but that was never turned on in the first place…”

“My thoughts cannot be heard by other vampires, which was how your little friend found us,” snarled Alex. “But never fear, it will all be over soon. You won’t feel a thing… unless Melissa is feeling particularly bitchy today.”

“Oh, God forbid,” I said sarcastically, knowing she was going to be in a bitchy mood anyway. “Whatever shall I do?”

“The only thing you can do, either die or turn into one of us,” said Alex. “Ah, we’re here…”

I looked around. There was desert as far as the eye could see, and I knew I was in trouble. Melissa stood there, waiting for me, her eyes glowing blood red. She held her hands behind her back, and smiled cunningly as Alex wrenched me from the taxi. He held my arm tightly, and threw me at Melissa’s feet, the little rocks cutting into my skin.

“You thought you won?” asked Melissa as she kicked sand into my face and cuts. “Boy were you wrong. And now, I’m going to be nice and let you have your choice. You can become like us, or you can die. Take your pick…”

I sure as hell did not want to die. But then again, I thought that if everything did work out between Tom and I, if we settled on some sort of agreement, maybe there was hope for our relationship, But by becoming a vampire, I was dooming myself to an eternity of hell and lost love. Would I be able to live with myself for that forever?

“Well, what is your answer?” asked Melissa as she looked down at me. I slowly got up from the desert floor, brushed myself off, looked her straight in the eye… and spat in her face.

“I can play that game too,” said Melissa angrily, wiping the spit off her face. Alex ran towards me, and elbowed me hard in the jaw. Blood gushed from my mouth, and I started to cry as Melissa and Alex closed in on me. “You couldn’t have opted for the easy options…You just had to have things done the hard way. The painful way. Oh well, it’s your funeral…”

Tom Felton
My heart broke when she left me. I could have never seen this coming. I thought she was so happy here with me in England. I know how she feels when you are part of a project, and you aren’t needed as much as you’d like to be. But it’s even worse when you are needed, and your parts are cut out of the film.

I can’t believe she doesn’t love me anymore. What did I do wrong? I mean, I had to work! I can’t be home all the time. I didn’t know she felt so depressed and miserable.

I threw myself onto my bed, and put my arms behind my head. I then got this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, and then the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs, praying that Joanne had come back to me, that everything was going to be alright. But instead, I got a vampire, and Mary at my front door.

“Tom!” said Mary, her eyes wide and panicked. “It’s Joanne! Dan and I drove down here to prevent Joanne from leaving. We saw her get into the taxi, and I got a strange feeling that something wasn’t right. The taxi sped off, and we headed straight for the airport, but when we checked with the flight attendants, she wasn’t on board…”

“Melissa!” I growled angrily. I grabbed Dan by the scruff of his collar. “Where did she take her, pale face?”

“Their minds are closed off!” said Dan frustrated. “I can’t see where they are. I can sense that Joanne is in danger, and I bet you can sense it to. Why don’t you try to see if you can find her?”

I closed my eyes, and pictured Joanne standing right in front of me. “Where did they take you?” I whispered to the image. She smiled, and took my hand, showing me the scene of where she was. She was in a desert area, and was bleeding from her mouth. Melissa was ready to strike, and if we didn’t hurry, Joanne was going to die. “Thank you, I love you. Please tell me you love me still…”

The image nodded, and I was back in my house. “Come on you guys, get in my car. We are going off into the desert…”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“How was I able to see where she was and you weren’t?” I asked Dan as I pushed the car faster down the parkway.

“If a vampire blocks their mind, I can’t obviously penetrate it,” said Dan. “But you can see what is happening to Joanne because you get premonitions. And if you concentrate hard enough, you could find her. Vampires cannot control their thoughts to other creatures, like wolf men for instance. They can only block their minds from their own kind…”

“What’s that in your hand?” asked Mary as I glanced at her through my rearview mirror. I had totally forgotten about Joanne’s engagement ring. I still held it tightly in my hand.

“It’s nothing…” I muttered. “The ring means nothing.”

“Tom, I know all about the engagement, your mum told my parents, who then told me. What happened?”

“She wanted to go home, and she left me and gave back her engagement ring,” I said, fighting back the tears that were coming back to my eyes. “She told me she didn’t love me anymore.”

“Oh that cannot possibly be true!” cried Mary covering her mouth in surprise. “She isn’t herself lately. Maybe there is something going on with her.”

“I dunno, she was really upset because she hasn’t gotten much work on set, and I come home very late,” I said as a red pickup truck came into view. “I hope she still knows I love her…”

I parked far away from the truck, and got out with Mary and Dan. “Okay, here’s the plan. Mary, you go help Joanne, and us guys will take on Melissa. We all on the same page?”

Mary and Dan nodded, and we crept over to where the pickup truck was, hiding behind it. I peaked from the side of the truck, and saw Joanne on the ground. She had passed out, and was bleeding from her mouth. If we didn’t get her out of there soon, she was going to die.

“And now,” said Melissa as she lowered herself next to Joanne’s body. “I dine…”

I roared, and sprinted out from behind the car, knocking Melissa on her ass several feet away from Joanne. “How dare you hurt my girlfriend like that!” said a familiar face. I looked into the eyes of the kid I had beaten up back in New Jersey and laughed in his face.

“Your girlfriend?” I asked. “No wonder, well I guess you two losers were meant to be…”

Alex bared his teeth, and Melissa got up slowly, and clapped her hands. “Bravo, Tom. You caught me. But I hate to break it to you, but you are too late to save your ex girlfriend. Would you like to watch me drink the blood from her mouth first, or watch me eat her flesh?”

Dan came flying forward, and started to fight Alex. I took my chances, and kicked Melissa in the face. “Mary close your eyes!” I shouted as I tore off my clothes so I could transform and have something to wear afterwards. Mary did as she was told, and I quickly transformed into the wolf.

“Oh, we got ourselves a wolf boy haven’t we?” said Melissa with a smirk. “I should have known. You smelled like a filthy, stinking dog ever since we first began dating…”

I launched myself at her, knocking her over. I stood on top of her body, my teeth inches from her face. With all my might, I bit her neck, clamping down as hard as I could. I shook my head from side to side, tearing her neck. Ash was flowing out of her skin, and she looked down in horror as to what was happening to her. I started to bite her right arm, tearing her icy cold skin until the ash came out. Melissa screamed, but I continued never the less. By the time I had finished with both legs, there was one thing left to do… bite and tear her face.

The rest of her body had fallen to ash, and was now blowing away, fading off into the desert sand. She looked at me, evil eyes glinting. “I don’t care that you don’t love me… I do care that you will be miserable without your beloved Joanne,” said Melissa with a long, cruel laugh.

“This one is for Joanne!” I said as I bit her face, and tore it with all of my might. She screamed, and then there was nothing but ash all around me. I turned to see how Dan was doing as he continued to fight Alex. Alex was weakening, and all I really had to do was bite him in one area, and he would be dust. “Get out of the way!”

I leapt up, and tackled Alex. I bit down hard on his shoulder, and he disappeared into ash. I sighed, relieved it was all over. “Mary?” called Dan. “Where are you?”

“I’m in the car!” cried Mary as she drove my car up to where we stood. “I carried Joanne to the car, and brought the car up here to pick you guys up. Who wants to drive?”

Dan volunteered, and I sat in the back seat with Joanne’s head in my lap. I lightly slapped her cheeks, willing her to wake up, but she didn’t move. I felt around for a pulse, and luckily she had one. I made sure she hadn’t been bitten, and I sighed with relief. She hadn’t been bitten, but she was bleeding heavily out of her mouth. “Mare, can you get me some tissues to clean Joanne up?” I asked.

Mary opened the glove compartment, and gave me a wad of tissues. I dabbed at Joanne’s mouth, her smooth, perfect lips brushing against my fingers. She shuddered violently, and I held her tightly so she wouldn’t fall.

“Dan, please hurry,” I said nervously. “I don’t know how much time we have left! She’s starting to shake, and she has lost a lot of… of-”

“Yeah, I know,” said Dan as he accelerated the car. We tore across the road, burning rubber behind us. Dan swung around by the hospital entrance, and I got out with Joanne in my arms. “HELP, WE NEED HELP!” I cried as I struggled to keep a convulsing Joanne still in my arms. “PLEASE, SOMEONE?!”