Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 43 Dying...

Tom Felton

I couldn’t believe it. Hearts, and an I love you message in the heart monitor? It had to be a message from Joanne from the beyond. I mean, if Dan could be a vampire, and I can be a wolf man, surely Joanne could talk to me from the other side!

I walked over to where Joanne lay, and gripped her hand tightly. “Yes my love, I know you sent me that message. I love you too, more than anything. There is no one in this world I would rather be with than you. Please get better… I need you, now more than ever.”

I kissed her lips, praying that she would end up kissing me back, but I felt nothing. I had better luck feeling something out of a dead corpse.

“I know we never talked about this,” I said, hoping she could hear me somewhere. “But if we do get married… I know this is going to surprise you; I want us to get married with Dan and Mary at the same time.”

She made no movement whatsoever, and I continued. “I know, weird huh? I go from being best friends, to hating his guts, to being friends with him again. This whole situation has made me realize that even though he is different from me, we are still the same people we always were. Any day now, Dan is going to propose to Mary. I bet when he does, he’ll want you there to see the look on Mary’s face… and to hear her scream. But enough about that. I wanted to tell you something else…”

I took a deep breath, and started. “If there is a possibility of you not making it out of your coma, I am going to have your eggs taken out of you, and fuse it with my sperm so I will have children. I’ve asked Emma if she wanted to be the surrogate mother, and she’s agreed. She’s in for a rough time because I want four children. I hope she can handle it…”

I laughed at the thought of Emma pregnant. She was skinny as anything; and if she did get pregnant, she would probably be so huge she’d fall over. “But that is my last resort. I know I won’t have to do any of that because you are going to come back to me. And when you do come back to me, I’m going to make love to you as many times as I can, and I promise you that I will never leave you like that ever again. I’m going to get some sleep…”

My eyes were heavy, and I got into the hospital bed with Joanne, wrapped the covers around both of us, and I drifted into sleep.

JOANNE! I ran towards a beautiful Joanne, who was wearing a beautiful blue gown, and my engagement ring on her left hand. “I’ve waited for you for so long Joanne…”

“I’ve missed you too, Tom,” said Joanne. “Both of us have suffered for too long. I just wanted to tell you that this is a dream, and you are sleeping next to me in my hospital bed. I have come to you to explain myself.”

“It was my spirit who made the hearts and wrote the I love you message on the heart monitor. I’m here to tell you that my spirit is coming back to my body. It’s going to take some time for me to find my body, but I will come back alive. I will come out of this coma, and we will be together forever. And I will make love with you, and have your children, and most importantly, I will marry you…”

I took her face in my hands, and kissed her with all the love for her I had in my body.

I woke with a start, and looked around me. I was alone in Joanne’s hospital bed. Where did they take her? “JOANNE!” I shouted. “WHERE IS SHE? WHERE DID YOU TAKE HER?”
“Relax, Mr. Felton,” said the nurse as she brought Joanne back in the room. “WE had to empty her catheter because it was almost full to bursting. I didn’t want to do it here because you were sleeping. I’m sorry sir…”

“That’s- that’s fine,” I said, coming to my senses. “I thought she… I can’t even say it it is just too horrible.”

“I understand sir,” said the nurse as she gently lay Joanne next to me in the bed. “I also gave her a bath. Wouldn’t you like one sir? I’ll show you where you can bathe if you like…”

“I suppose,” I said as I walked with the nurse to shower. I was really starting to smell. The nurse gave me a towel, and showed me towards the showers. I let the hot water run over my body, and lathered soap all over. Once I was satisfied I was clean enough, I stepped out of the shower, and put on some clean clothes. I walked back to Joanne’s room.

I curled up next to her, smelling the sweet smell of her strawberry shampoo and vanilla body wash. I lay my head on her chest, listening to her heartbeat, her chest rising and falling with every breath she took. Then, there was silence.

“DOCTOR! SHE’S FLATLINING!” I screamed, getting up from the bed. I pushed down on her chest, trying to make her heart beat. “Please don’t die on me Joanne. I’ll die without you in my life! Please make it!”

The doctors came into the room with the defibrillator, and warmed up the paddles, and delivered the electric shock. Her heart started to beat slowly back, and they gave her another shock.

“Please, if there is someone or something out there, let her live… I’m begging you,” I sobbed. “Let-her-live…”

“Sir, there is nothing we can do more for her,” said the doctor as he patted my shoulder. “I’d suggest you say your goodbyes. Her heartbeat is very faint, and we cannot risk giving her another shock. I’m sorry…”

With tears in my eyes, I went to her bed, and knelt beside her. I took out the engagement ring she had given back to me, and slid it onto her left hand ring finger. I kissed her hand gently, and played with her hair that I loved so much. “Joanne… please don’t leave me. Fight this, fight it with all you have got. I love you my beauty, please don’t give up on me now… Please!”

I took her face gently in my hands, and kissed her cool lips.