Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 45 The Happy Ending Everyone Wants

Tom lay there, with me in his arms. I have never seen him so happy before. I closed my eyes, and relaxed against him.

“Joanne?” he whispered into my ear softly. “Do you… can we…” His hands traveled up my thigh, telling me what he couldn’t ask.

I answered him by pulling him on top of me, and kissing him. “Easy, beautiful. I don’t want to hurt you. You just came out of a coma. I don’t want you to go back into it…”

“I’m perfectly fine Thomas,” I grinned evilly, knowing he hated being called that. “Now, shut up, and make love to me.”

WHAM! The door opened, and Tom and I sat up, whistling to ourselves as if we weren’t just about to have sex. “JOANNE!!!!!!!!!! YOU’RE ALIVE AND OUT OF THE COMA!!!!!!!!” screamed Mary as she and Dan ran over to us. Thank God we still had our clothes on, cause then I’d have some ‘splaining to do…

“Yes, but I won’t be alive much longer if you insist on suffocating me!” I choked as Mary gave me a tight hug.

“I’m just so happy you are alive!” said Mary as she pulled away. “I missed you so much! You have no idea what sort of fresh hell we’ve been through when you were gone…”

Dan cleared his throat, and gave me a friendly hug. “I’m going to do it now,” he whispered into my ear. “It seems like the perfect moment…”

Dan went over to Mary, and took both of her hands in his. “Mary, do you remember the first time we met? I told you you were pretty. And boy did you do a lot of screaming at the airport…”

Mary laughed, and Dan continued. “Ever since I first saw your beautiful face, I knew that you were the one for me. And it shows. Your beautiful blue eyes sparkle when I’m around, you’re always smiling and happy… Well, I want to continue to make you happy… Mary Henderson, will you do me the honor of taking me for your husband?”

Mary’s eyes widened as Dan opened the little black box, and showed her the gorgeous diamond ring. For once in her life, she was speechless, and didn’t scream.

“Mary, are you going to answer him?” I smiled back at her, hoping she would just say yes right now.

“YES!!!!!!!!!” shouted Mary as she flung her arms around Dan’s neck.

* * *
It was the day of our weddings, Tom and I and Dan and Mary planned a double wedding in a beautiful church in London. Everything was perfect, everyone was dressed in the finest threads, the cast chattering away with family members and each other.

Mary and I stood in the hall by the double doors, waiting for the moment to walk in. “How does Tom look?” I asked Mary as I paced back in forth in my gown. “I am ready to faint! I swear to God… I mean, I know this is supposed to be my happy moment, the moment I’ve been looking forward to my whole life! But then why do I feel like I am going to throw my guts up?”

“Butterflies,” said Mary as smiled, and pushed a stray curl back into place. “Tom looks very handsome, and I told him how beautiful you look. Does Dan look hot in his suit?”

“Mary, yes he looks very very handsome,” I said, wiping a tear from my eye. “And he doesn’t need me to tell him you look beautiful-”

“Did he sneak?!?!” Mary shouted, knocking over one of the flower girls. “Did he DARE glance at me?! If he did so God help me-”

“If you would have let me finish,” I said, holding up my hands in defeat. “You would have heard me say that he knows you’ll look beautiful no matter what…”

Mary started bawling, and grabbed a tissue that she had cleverly stuffed into her cleavage. “I knew it! I knew I was going to start crying now! Look what I’ve done! I must look a mess!”
“Your makeup is fine Mare,” I said smiling as the wedding procession started. “Come on, it’s time…”

The doors opened, and Mary walked first down the aisle. The doors closed as soon as she made her way down the aisle, and I waited for her to complete her walk down the aisle. The Wedding March stopped, and then switched to Canon in D major as I walked down the aisle. Everyone stood, watching me as I walked. My eyes looked down at my feet, trying to focus on not tripping. I looked up, and saw Tom at the end of the aisle, waiting for me. He had tears in his eyes, just like me, and he wiped them with the back of his hand. I finally made it to the altar, and looked into Tom’s eyes. I love you, I mouthed to Tom.

I love you too, he mouthed back. The wedding proceeded as normal, and then, to change things a bit, we had each written our own wedding vows. Dan and Mary went first to profess their love.

“Dan,” said Mary amidst all of her tears and shaking. “I’ve loved you since we first met. I’ve loved you before we met… But enough of that. We are here, finally making our relationship known to the world. This is the step towards our bright future together, and towards our new beginning. I have to say that I highly doubted that my dreams would ever come true, but it seems that now I am eating my words. You have truly changed me and my life, and for that I am thankful. Out of the billions of women in the world, you choose me to be your wife. Even though I am standing here in front of you, knowing this is a reality, I still can’t help but pinch myself to check if I am still dreaming. I love you more than words can say, and I would be proud to be your loyal, faithful wife forever and always.”

Tom and I started to cry because of Mary’s touching vow. Dan started to cry now, and Mary handed him a tissue from her cleavage, and he blew his nose a bit loudly, echoing throughout the church. “Mary,” smiled Dan through his emotions. “I met you through pure fate and chance, and if I could turn back time and change things, I would have made it that we had met sooner. I can’t picture life without you, nor would I ever want to. I couldn’t have chosen a better woman for me than the one right in front of me. Mary, it’s not me who has chosen you, it’s you who has chosen me too. Out of the million and millions of boys in the world, you picked me. You stuck with me through the good times, and I dunno how, but you also stuck around during the bad times. Right now, I can’t imagine a better way to give you a happy ending… Well, the other one would be a bit inappropriate to talk about at the moment.”

Everyone began to laugh, and Mary and Dan wiped away each others’ tears. “I promise you there will be no more tears, no more pain, and no more bad times. I am ready to lay everything at your feet, to give you the happiness you deserve. And I will make damn sure that I never see you cry ever again… because when you cry, it breaks my heart. I love you Mary, and I am ready to become your loyal and loving husband for an eternity…”

Dan kissed Mary’s hand, and they walked over to the side so that Tom and I could profess our vows. “Thomas Andrew Felton,” I began, saying his full name to mess with him a bit. “We have had our ups and downs. But that has just made us stronger as a couple. You dropped everything to be with me, even dumped your old girlfriend to be with me! To quote from Mary, I to felt that my dreams would never come true, but look at me now. I am standing here, in front of you and all of our friends and family, professing my love to you. And you aren’t even tied up!”

“If anything, being with you taught me a lesson. Dreams can come true as long as you have the power to believe in it. I’ve dreamt for so long that my prince charming would come and take me away to live in his castle since I was a little girl. Well, even though you aren’t technically a prince, and your steed is metal and is a six cylinder, you are the prince charming I have been wishing for my whole life. Thank you for all that you have given me, and I hope that I can make you just as happy as you have made me. I love you so much…”

Mary walked over to me, and handed me a tissue. My nose was running, and I couldn’t stop crying. “Th-thanks Mary,” I spluttered through my emotions as I tried to compose myself. I looked back at the guest sitting in the pews, and I noticed they also were crying. It was like one big sob fest. Everyone, from the directors, cast, family members, friends, and paparazzi were crying just as much as I was.

“Joanne Mary Theresa Mazza,” smiled Tom as he took my hands in his. “Ha ha, now I got the chance to say your full name! We’ve been through a lot of bad times, but we’ve also had plenty of good times together. I know you have a tendency to sort of get hurt really bad, and then get stuck in a coma, but why dwell on the past?”

“When I thought I was going to lose you, the thoughts in my head were always if she goes, I will never get the chance to marry her… I can’t lose her again. And God had answered my prayers because he made you better, and here we are, several months after you woke out of your coma. Miracles do happen in everyday life because you were supposed to die, but didn’t. I was supposed to wind up with some other girl, but didn’t. I was lucky enough to find you in my escape from England, and I will never ever regret what I had done. Leaving England was the best thing that ever happened to me, because it brought me to you. And I am thankful for that, Joanne. I know mom has always wanted you to become part of the family, and now she is probably crying worse than the two of us combined right now…”

And so she was. In the front row, his mother had a huge box of tissues on her lap, and was blowing her nose, and dabbing at her eyes every so often. “To tell you the truth, you have been like family to all of us since the day you set foot into our house. And who could forget mom trying to propose to you? I thought I was supposed to ask, not mom ask for me!”

I snickered through my tears, and so did everyone else. Tom kissed my hands, and looked into my eyes. “Now, standing before you, you looking more beautiful than ever before, I am ready to make you happy. After so much sorrow and pain, I am ready to be by your side, and love you forever. I will gladly forsake all others to be with you, because no one will ever make me feel the way I do for you, and no one ever will. I love you my beautiful Joanne…”

All four of us walked back in front of the altar, and joined hands with the ones we love. “Daniel Jacob Radcliffe, do you take Mary to be your lawful wedded wife? To have and hold forever as long as the two of you shall live?”

“I do,” said Dan as he wiped his and Mary’s tears.

“Thomas Andrew Felton, do you take Joanne to be your lawful wedded wife? To have and hold forever as long as the two of you shall live?”

“I do,” said Tom as he smiled back at me.

“Mary-”

“I DO!!!!!!!!!!” screamed Mary, making all of us jump several feet.

“Joanne Mary Theresa Mazza, do you take Tom to be your lawful wedded husband? To have and hold as long as the two of you shall live?”

“I do,” I said, returning Tom’s smile.

“Then if there are no objections, I now pronounce these two couples husbands and wives. The grooms may now kiss their brides…”

Tom looked into my eyes briefly, and then kissed me with a gentle passion. “I love you,” he whispered as he pulled away, and walked out of the church to the reception.
“I love you too Tom,” I smiled. “Now, let’s get this party started so we can have fun on our honeymoon. Maybe we can try for a baby?”

Tom’s eyes widened as we piled into the limo. “You-you want a baby with me?”

“Yes, I do want children,” I said sheepishly. “Please tell me you are willing…”

“Oh I am more than willing and able,” said Tom as he began to kiss my neck. “Oh well, the sooner the better. I promise, as many children as you like…”

As we pulled up to the reception, already people had began to show. “Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Radcliffe and Mr. and Mrs. Felton!!!!!”

The four of us walked into the hall, and were greeted with immense cheers. The DJ started the music, and we all began to dance as if we’d never danced before. All of us were so happy, so young and carefree… Mary with her arms around Dan, me with my arms around Tom. All of the Harry Potter cast doing a mosh… But things have changed a lot since we had married.

Mary and Dan live in England now, and I see her on the weekends with her two little boys. I swear, they look like mini Daniels! She is so happy, and I am glad for her that her life is going well now. Dan is still a vampire, and had asked Mary if she wanted to become like him so they would be together forever. She said she did not want to become like that on purpose, and Dan has promised that he will die when she dies so they will always be together.

As for me, well, I got the happy ending I’ve always wanted. I do not work at Shop Rite anymore, I quit that job long ago, and now I am a teacher at my old high school. Our family lives in the mansion Tom had bought to live in the Valley. We have four children, Jody, James, Jack, and Rose, all of them smart like their mother, and beautiful like their father. The children are 5, 3, and newborns prospectively. Jack and Rose were my very first twin set, and let me tell you, that was an experience I will never forget. Although I love Jack and Rose to death, boy did they cause me some problems during the pregnancy. I had the weirdest food cravings you could ever possibly imagine. One second I wanted pizza, the next chocolate. And, they moved about constantly, which meant that I would rarely get any sleep.

I am glad I have all of my beautiful children, and I am very thankful that our lives are blessed. Tom has decided to do some local theater, still keeping a steady profile. I’m not as famous as he is, but still, our family is now considered American-British royalty now. Yep, we are more famous that Brangelina now.

Tom has also released a CD with me, and we basically combined our talents of lyrics and musical composure, and we created the album together. It did a good job on the music charts, and we even went on TRL to promote the CD. We brought our first daughter Jody on the set, and everyone loved her. Tom and I have been taking a break from recording, and are settling down to take care of our kids.

Life is good, and will keep staying that way. We have no worries, no cares. Melissa and Alex have been gone for five years now, and Tom’s wolf transformations have gotten better with time. The kids do not know what their father can do, nor what their uncle Dan is either, but when the time is right, they will know.

Looking back on everything, I still can’t believe how it all started, and I keep wondering a cashier and a movie star… how could they fall in love? Two very different worlds, two very different lives colliding and coming together.

The truth of the matter is it happened, a cashier and a movie star fell in love, and their lives, and the lives of their friends and families were never the same ever again.
THE END!!!!!!!!!!!