Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter Nine Speeding Up Time A Bit

For the next couple of weeks, Tom, Mary and I would hang out. We would go to the beach, golfing, fishing, or bowling just to have fun and hang out. Things became quiet on the forefront, and every once a week, I would spend the night with Tom in the hotel. I loved being wrapped in his arms, falling asleep next to him, being so close to him. And yes, there was no stopping Tom from continually insisting on going to bed naked. After a while it didn't bother me, and I could care less. Maybe it was a European thing?

I awoke one morning about three months since Tom and I had first met, after hearing a knock on the door. 'Oh bother!' I thought, rolling over and going back to sleep. 'It's probably some kid banging on the walls...'

Again there was a knock at the door, and I groaned. I got up out of bed, hair disheveled and all, wrenched the door opened and screamed, "WE ARE TRYING TO SLEE-"

My mouth dropped open as I noticed the person who was banging on the door. There, right before me in my pale blue nightgown, was Daniel Radcliffe. I blushed, embarrassed as to the state of my looks, and for yelling at him like that.

"I-I was told that Tom was staying here in this room, so is he?" asked Dan quietly.

"Mmmph, Joanne who is that there love?" asked a groggy Tom. "Tell him to shut the damn light off, I'm sleeping..."

"Dan, you caught us at a bad time. Uh... why don't you wait out here until we get dressed?"

"Right," said Dan as I closed the door and ran about the room trying to get dressed as quickly as possible.
"Babe, come on... Come back to bed with me," said Tom as he rolled over on his side.

"Tom, that was Dan out there, Dan Radcliffe!" I squealed. "Now get your ass up and get dressed. He obviously was sent here for a reason! I wonder what's wrong now..."

Tom groaned, and pulled the covers over his head. "Fine, you want it done the hard way, you got it," I said as I jumped on top of him, strattling him on the bed. "Get up, or I will NEVER have sex with you..."

Tom shot up, almost knocking me to the floor, and got dressed as quickly as he could. "Boy do I know how to get you moving," I sighed as I fixed my hair and make up. "Take away the only chance of you and I ever getting that far, and you go nuts..."

"Well, I am only a man Joanne, I have urges that will need to be fulfilled sooner or later," said Tom as he brushed his teeth. "I mean, we haven't done anything yet... I mean, we haven't even kissed yet..."

"Must you ALWAYS dwell on the negative?" I asked as I opened the door and let Dan in. "So, what's up?"

"Erm... why aren't you acting all fangirlish on me?" asked Dan with raised eyebrows.

"She is different mate," said Tom. "She loves Harry Potter, but she is probably the only one on earth who can not freak over us. It's weird as hell I tell ya..."

"Right, so why are you here?" I asked once again.

"Well," said Dan as he cleared his throat. "Apparently David Yates wants you to come back to England to finish filming. I mean, you've been gone for three months mate! Do you have any idea how hard it was to film without you? Yates was always in a pissed mood, everyone on set was grumbling on, and we couldn't get anything done! The premiere is coming up, and we haven't even finished the movie! Tom, it is AUGUST! We have at least TWO months before we can wrap up filming. Our deadline is the end of October, so you HAVE to come back..."

"And what if I don't want to?" said Tom as he sat next to me. "What if I stay here with Joanne?"

"Well, they'd have to kick you off the casting list and find another actor, which will be very costly and hard to do at such short notice. You will disappoint fans worldwide, you've already are starting to push the movie set date from November 21st to practically Christmas for Pete's sake, and you will ruin your career. Have I convinced you yet?"

Tom sighed, and held his head in his hands as he looked down at the floor. "Tom... it's okay. I understand why you have to leave, so just go..."

"But I can't just LEAVE you!" said Tom. "I mean, all the fun we've had together! All the good times... and now it has to end?"

"Tom, go with Dan," I said, as I looked into his blue eyes. "You had to know that you would be sent back some time or another right? And anyway, we come from two completely different worlds, so you should have known that it would never have worked out between us... It's time for you to go back Tom."

Tom saw how serious I looked, and nodded in agreement. What he didn't know was that inside, my guts were wrenching, my heart was bleeding, and I wanted to scream and cry. But I didn't show him how I really felt; big girls don't cry.

"I'm sorry," said Dan as he patted me on the back. "It's just the way it is... Yates is in an uproar, and he sent me to bring Tom back. You wouldn't believe half the things that went on during the filming process between the cast and the film crew! We were all at each others' throats, cursing each other off. It was chaos! I want to thank you for helping me out here. Anything I can do for you?" asked Dan as Tom packed as slowly as possible.

'Can you mend my broken heart?' I thought sadly to myself.

"There is one thing... Can you ask my friend Mary out to the premiere?" I asked quietly. "She really likes you, and Tom invited me to go with him. I would feel bad if my best friend wouldn't be able to go with me... Please?"

I showed him the cute picture of Mary on my phone, and he smiled. "Sure, I'll take her to the premiere. It'll be fun," said Dan as I began to dial Mary's cell number.

"Hello?" said a very tired and sleepy Mary on the phone.

"Guess who is with me right now?"

"Tom Felton, I know! Now let me go to sleep..."

"WAIT!!!!!! Don't hang up that phone, there is someone here who has to ask you something..."

I handed the phone over to Dan. "Hello? Is this Mary? I just wanted to ask you if you would go to the premiere with me?"

Within seconds, Dan jumped up, and held the phone away from his ear. I could hear Mary screaming from a good distance away, and Dan was laughing.

"Oi Mary! Made Dan deaf in one ear you did!" I shouted.

"I'll take her screaming as a yes?" asked Dan with a look of joy on his face.

"I'd go with yes," I said with a smirk.

I walked down the stairs, helping Tom and Dan stuff the luggage into their limo. "Guess this is goodbye huh?" said Tom as he stuffed the last bag into the trunk, and turned towards me.

"Guess so..." I said sadly. "We had a lot of fun together didn't we?"

"Yeah, we did. I didn't want any of it to end, but it had to... I'm going to miss you," said Tom as he gave me a hug.

'Don't cry... just don't cry. It will only make you feel worse than you already feel now.'

But I couldn't stop the tears that were building up behind my eyes for long. I sobbed into his shoulder, unable to contain myself. Tom pulled away, and kissed my forehead.

"Don't cry, Joanne," he said as he wiped my tears. "We will see each other soon. I promise I will never forget you..."

His face moved closer to mine, and soon his lips were on mine. We stood there, kissing for several minutes, hoping that as long as we were kissing, we wouldn't be parted.

After five or ten minutes, Dan wrenched Tom away from me, and threw him into the limo. The limo drove off as soon as Dan got in, and I watched the limo drive off in the distance.