Sequel: Daddy Cool
Status: Completed

Uncle Good Riddance

Ice Chips

“Oh my god, oh my god, what do I do, what do I DO?!” Billie ran down the driveway to help me up into the house as paparazzi shamelessly were taking pictures and I was dreading the morning's magazines. He put his arm around my back and walked me up into the house.

“I don't know! You've had two children! I've never had one before!” I sobbed as we entered the house.

I sat down on the sofa and groaned loudly as another contraction came heavily.

“Okay, don't panic, take deep breathes, breathe through it like your taught at birthing classes.” Billie picked up his phone, dialling a number.

“Who are you ringing?” I asked, breathing very heavily.

“Tre, then Adrienne, then an ambulance okay?” Billie put the phone to his ear and waited for Tre to pick up.

“He's not home.” I sobbed, worrying. “I don't know where he is. I don't want to go through this without him!” Billie hung up the phone and dialled a second number.

“Hey Addie, it's me, yeah I got some surprising news that you are going to have to cut your hair appointments short for... Yeah, yeah, no... Bodaceia is in labour... Addie... Addie! For god's sake woman don't scream! We're on the way to the hospital right now. I need you to ring Tre's phone please. He isn't at home and there's isn't much time for me to chase him... Yeah thank you baby. I love you.” Billie hung up and grabbed him car keys and helped me up for the sofa. I squeezed his arm as he helped me up and another contraction hit.

“Ahhhhh, GOD!” I groaned, clutching him very tightly. We waited until the contraction had passed.

“Adrienne has told me to count how far apart your contractions are. How long do you think?” Billie asked, walking slowly out of the house with me and helping me into his car.

“It was 15 minutes before, I managed to walk quickly from Mike's to just before yours without having one. I think now it's shortening.” I sighed, leaning back.

“Billie! What about my overnight bag?” I said, panicking quickly.

Tre had forced me last week to pack an overnight bag for when I went into hospital. He bought me brand new cotton pajama's and new slippers and new normal underwear. The bag also had in it two little outfits for the baby, a blue outfit and a pale yellow outfit.

“Okay, don't worry, I'll go back for it when we get you to the hospital.” We set off, nearly speeding down the highway, paparazzi following us. “This is a fucking joke!” Billie fumed.

We reached our destination of the hospital just as another contraction was hitting and Billie ran to help me into the hospital, pulling straight up to the door.

I had to run out of the car quickly as I could, which was so difficult considering I had this massive big fat bump on the front of me that was bursting right now and it was damn scary.

I walked up the front desk of the hospital and admitted myself, happy that a nurse came to take me to the maternity ward very quickly.

“Bo? I'm going to find Tre and get your bag okay. Addie and your mom will be here soon.” Billie gave my hand a reassuring squeeze as the nurse wheeled me away in a wheelchair.

“Don't leave me, please!” I called after him. “Billie?” But he had already walked away down the corridor.

“Don't worry, we'll take good care of you.” The nurse smiled down at me as another contraction started. I groaned in pain, wanting to scream but holding it in. Tears were falling down my face and I just didn't want to be alone.

***

“Bodaceia! How are you feeling?” Mam and Adrienne burst into my hospital room just as another contraction was starting.

“How far apart is she?” Adrienne, surprisingly calm, asked the nurse who was doing some routine tests around me and taking down some information.

“Still 10 minutes apart, it'll be a while yet. At least she can rest for 10 minutes between each contraction, which is a god send obviously.” The nurse smiled. “I'll leave you be.” She left and Mam came and sat on the bed next to me.

“How are you coping?” She held my hand tightly.

“Amazingly bad. No one has ever coped so shit with labour before. I have no idea where Tre is, no idea when Billie will be back with my stuff, it hurts and I have had to sit here for the past 15 minutes alone and crying like an idiot.” I grumbled, lying back on the pillows thankful for the rest.

“I'm sorry babe, I didn't know you were alone.”

“I'll go ring Tre again and see where he is.” Adrienne smiled at me, leaving me and my mother alone.

“You need to keep calm sweetheart, babies can sense fear, apparently it can make the labour go on for even longer if they sense your scare, or apprehensive of giving birth.” She smiled. “Would you like any ice chips?”

“What the fuck are ice chips?” I said sharply. She looked a little hurt. Adrienne walked back into the room, with a frantic Tre following her.

“Look who I found.” She smiled as Tre rushed to me, planting a large kiss on my forehead.

“Where the fuck have you been?!” I yelled at him, anger replacing sadness.

“Baby, I'm sorry, I've been food shopping and I got distracted by some baby toys and baby cuteness. God. Imagine if I knew you were having my baby right then and there as I was browsing at baby stuff.” His voice broke a little. “We're having a baby right now, angel.” Tears came to his eyes.

“I am aware of that Tre! My waters broke as paparazzi were trying to snap pictures of me.” I winced at the memory, embarrassment coming to mind.

“How have you been sweetie?” Tre asked, kissing my forehead again and rubbing my hand in comfort.

“Been better.” I sighed, feeling scared as another contraction was on the horizon. It came painfully as I gripped Tre's hand.

“Hey that one came after 8 minutes.” Mam looked up from her watch. “The time between is getting shorter that is a good sign!”

“Do you want some ice chips?” Tre asked, as I slumped back against the pillows.

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE ICE CHIPS?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ouff two more.
I might just put them all out right now.
I've already wrote up the first part of the sequel. (:
God knows whats going to happen in it though. :(
Recently I have done nothing but worrk, worrk, WORRRRRRRRRRK!