Back seat of the tourbus part1

Back seat of the tourbus-the concert

Excitement filled the air as murmurs stretched across the large crowd. Enthusiastic whispers grew into shouts as three people ahead of the mass pulled open the gates. People pushed and shoved their way in but it didn’t matter, you were still the person to place that precious first step across the threshold into the large court. Almost instantly stalls selling merchandise were filled with fans wasting their hard earned money on hoodies, key chains and posters. Stands vending foods and sweets began business to people only too eager to spend cash. Wandering slowly among the crowds, you loitered among booths, considering wasting money like the rest.

“How much?” you asked, pointing up.

“Thirty-five!” Shoving your hand into your pocket, you pulled out a fifty and handed it to the merchant. A smile spread across your face as he handed you the black hoodie and your change. A small LP was embroiled into the material on the chest and a picture of a blond haired guy screaming into a mic had its place of honor on the back. You gladly pulled it over your head; it was too big-but whatever!

Strolling across the yard the air of excitement grew and grew. Hundreds of teenager and early twenties flocked into the open air arena to find their seats. Almost smugly you marched passed all of them towards the very front. A bubble welled up as you gave an exciting jump, let alone going to your first open air concert, you got a front row seat and everything. But not like you'd need the seat anyway.

It took time but eventually the seats filled and the stadium became a mass throng of colour. Voices filled the air broken only by the sound of cars outside the arena. People grew fidgety and anxious, tired of waiting.

‘Linkin Park!! Linkin Park!!! Linkin Park!!!!’ The crowd cried, keen for the band to make their long awaited appearance. Smiling, you joined in, in the shouts for the band. The sky grew dark as nine approached and everyone was even more fanatical to see their idols. The arena grew black with only stars for light. Squinting around, you found it hard to see passed the next person.

Suddenly! Extremely bright lights lit up the sky, creating a blinding confusion which quickly turned into extreme excitement as screams echoed throughout the stadium. The lights spread, illuminating the area and the people in it. As you predicted, not a seat was in use. Everyone was jumping with excitement, screaming their lungs out, dying to get a glimpse of the rock band. You screamed along, jumping up and down at the foot of the stage as smoke spread across it. Wound up fans screamed, you among them. Chanting the bands name, eager to finally see them. A gentle tapping and the tuning of guitar strings could be heard slightly over the speakers as silhouettes became visible in the fog-cries grew louder.

A quick solo on the guitar soon revealed Brad Delson and Phoenix emerging from the mist as a dimming of lights exposed Rob Bourdon, Mike Shinoda and Joe Hahn. Music mixed with cheers echoed in your ears but you still craned your neck, desperate to see the final member. He wasn’t there. The intro ended and Mike leaned into the mic.

“When I pretend
Everything is how I want it to be
I look exactly like what you had always
Wanted to see
When I pretend
I can forget about the criminal I am
Stealing second after second just cause
I know I can/but
I cant pretend this is the way
It will stay/I'm just”
“Lying to bend the truth!” with this line a sixth shadow became visible in the back.
“I cant pretend I'm who you want me to be/so I'm…”

“Lying my way from YOUUU!!!!” Accompanying the familiar scream, Chester Bennington ran out of the fog, joining in the song. Screams grew considerably louder, but none louder that yours.

“No/no turning back now!”

“I wanna be pushed aside
So let me go.”

“No/no turning back now!”

“Let me take back my life
I’d rather be all alone!”

“No turning back now!”

“Anywhere on my own
‘Cause I can see!”

“No/no turning back now!”

“The very worst part of you
Is me!!” The song continued, both Mike and Chester doing their fair share of singing…or in Chester's case screaming.

“THE VERY WORST PART OF YOU
THE VERY WORST PART OF YOU
IS ME!!!” all music stopped as Chester was seen crouching, heaving in some breaths. Cheers erupted, screams of the fans were deafening. Throwing himself up, Chester waved to the crowd.

“WAZZUP NEW YORK!!!” he screamed. Loud shrieks greeted him as Mike stepped up.

“Woah!! Talk about crowded….ANY LINKIN PARK FANS IN THE HOUSE?!” yet again they were met by cried from the supporters. They laughed. “Well I guess it's cruel to keep you guys waiting for more so….” Familiar music began to play and you squealed as Mike started to sing again.

“I wanna be in another place
I hate when you say you don’t understand
I wanna be in the energy
Not with the enemy
A place for my head!!” Chester sang into the mic. You couldn’t tear your eyes from him. He was perfect! The music continued and you found yourself screaming as Chester came up, right in front of you.

“GO AWAY GOOO!!! TRY TO TAKE THE BEST OF ME!!” he screamed, kneeling down. “GO AWAY GOOO TRY TO TAKE THE BEST OF ME!! STAY AWAY FROM MEEEE!!!” extending out a hand, you raised yours and he gripped it. Your life was now complete.
♠ ♠ ♠
heh heh, i dont know why i put in pyrothecnics but this was written before i got to go to their concert in Dublin [best night of my life] so i really didnt know what they'd be like