Shame Shame on Me

The Beginning (Of A Rough Day...)

Emily

Every morning I can't wait to open my eyes and see his beautiful face. Every waking moment of my brand new life I cherish dearly.

'I can't imagine myself anywhere else but here. Nowhere else but right here,' I thought blissfully. I could feel him smile on the back of my neck. It tickled slightly, so I giggled a little as he pulled me closer. I reached back and felt a wild mane of black, nicely tangled hair. I smiled as I touched behind what felt like his ear, he turned his head and kissed the palm of my hand, smiling against it. I turned around, taking a deep breath and looking into his captivating and deep, chocolaty brown eyes. I pressed my forehead to his and smiled sweetly at my lover. He whispered something I couldn't catch and gently pressed his lips to mine. I closed my eyes, savoring the delicious taste of metallic kiss.

For a few seconds, I kept my eyes shut, relishing the moment. While I opened my eyes I saw that there was no messy black mane, but a messy, dark brown mop. His chocolaty brown eyes has turned icy blue, and his smooth lips were now split and chapped. My eyes snapped completely open and tried to move away, but I couldn't. Mark's cold eyes stared at me, maliciously smirking with their evil, glassy pupils. I struggled to move, but my hands and feet were tied with cables. I desperately tried to scream out, but my voice was restricted by black stitching that bound my lips together.

He laughed, bringing his thumbs down on my throat. Mark began to howl in malevolent laughter. With one last effort, the pain of stitches ripping through my lips and the blood pouring from my wounds, I screamed aloud. The clamor rang out in the darkness that flooded my sight and the world around me.

I thrashed and screamed, clamping my eyelids shut. I could feel a pair of strong arms close around my legs, and another pair harden their grasp on my wrists. I opened my eyes and let free all the tears enclosed behind lids that have been harboring images could really do away with... but it's easier said and thought, than done.

Sonny, Travis and the other band members were gathered in the bunk-hall, watching me wail and writhe on the floor. I began to cry even more uncontrollably, shaking with the waves of tears that came streaming down my face, and into my hair as I lie on the floor pathetically. I heard someone sigh and I heard Steve say he's get an icepack. I was pulled into a tight embrace, knowing it was Sonny.

"Keep him away from me Sonny! Save me from him... please!" I cried into the crook if his neck, whispering.

"Always, baby, always."

"But he's here... right here!" I put my hands to the sides of my head and closed my eyes, for only a second.

"I don't care, I'll protect you, Emily! I'll get rid of him for you, if it kills me...."

"But I'm afraid that he'll kill me first... again," I whispered. My fiancé held me tighter than ever before and I knew he had began to cry. I was sat down at the lounge's table and given cold milk, another ice pack and a few over-the-counter drugs to numb me out. Well, just about every drug short of pot, actually.

I was silently debating whether or not I should go back to bed. I was indecisive... but I was partially sure that one of those pills induces narcosis, and that usually means, no dreams... usually. Sonny and Steve sat down with me and we just talked among ourselves quietly while the others wen back to bed. I felt terrible for waking them up again.... Stevers had to pull the bus over, he thought I was dying... and Derek whacked his head on the ceiling of the bunk above him, Travis got hit in the stomach by one of my flailing hands. All together, I'm feeling like T-total shit. Even Elric was effected, I kicked him by accident. I'm hoping Travis doesn't hurt me for that, and the others won't hate me for this.

After we three had spoken to each other for about forty-five minutes, my mood had been lightened drastically. Steve started the bus back up, and continued on out path to Albany, New York. Sonny went back to bed, asking me one last time if I was coming to bed. I answered with 'I don't know,' and sat there alone, constantly thinking.

'Something tells me that tomorrow is going to be hellish with a one hundred percent chance of migraines and scattered, empty bottles of asprin....'