Status: Complete.

The Disposable Teens

The Weakest Gets the Demon

Image

x Remmy's Point of View x A month later x
Sasuke, Red and I were, now, living alone in our once happy home. We accepted food and enough to get by from strangers, the Hokage, Iruka and Kakashi. (At this point in time, Iruka and Kakashi are only teenagers or, at most, into extremely early adulthood.) We were unhappy and alone but we were, in fact, silent in how we wept for our loss. One day, however, something interrupted our silence.

I sat reading "The Vampire Lestat" by Anne Rice by the light of the fire when we heard a loud crash and the sound of trees tumbling to the ground. The falling of the trees forced winds fast enough to take out a few of our windows. I screamed and, accidentally, threw my book into the fire. I was angry because I hadn't even finished it yet. I'd been obsessed with reading since our mother read to me when I was younger. I was a bit of a prodigy, I suppose. I made Itachi teach me how to read. Horrible thoughts came from remembering him...

My thoughts were interrupted by Sasuke and Red rushing into the room. "Are you okay?!" they both cried in unison. I nodded. "My book isn't, though." I replied, staring longingly into the fire. They both rolled their eyes, not understanding the sentimental value that reading had to me. "What happened?" I asked, more curious than worried. Suddenly, another huge crash occurred. "Not sure. Come on." Sasuke said and ran out the front door.

Outside, we could hear the screams and chaos from the inner part of the village more clearly, Then, I looked up and could not believe my eyes- which, might I add, still could not wield the Sharingan. Two enormous monsters stood in the depths of our trees, which looked completely tiny compared to them, wrestling. One was orange with nine tails and yellow eyes. The other was gray and very feline looking with violet eyes.

"Remmy, look out!" I heard Red call from behind me as a tree began to fall quickly. I jumped out of the way just in time. Apparently, this caught the attention to the gray beast. It picked me up and I could not struggle in its crushing grip. "I am going to eat you now." it growled in a low, gravelly voice. "Thanks for the warning?" I replied, confused. I wasn't afraid, to be honest. After most of your family is violently murdered, death loses its meaning.

Its violet eyes became slits. "I like my food to scream." it hissed and dropped me. Falling from such a high altitude made it hard for me to breathe and, therefor, hard to concentrate so it was a miracle that I was able to grasp a branch low enough to the ground to survive. My hand was terribly bloody and my arm felt as if it had been torn from its socket. I felt my shoulder. Dislocated.

"Crap!" Red cried and picked me up. "We have to get to the inner part of the village fast." she said and began to run with me in her arms. Sasuke followed in suit. The harsh wind thrashing against my face distracted me from the pain in my arm for a small while.

As we got closer to the village, 50-100 men with weapons came into view. They stood in a line and, as we came closer, their eyes widened. "Red, put me down." I said. Reluctantly, she did as I asked and the Hokage pushed us behind the men. I closed my eyes and braced myself. Then, I snapped my arm back in place, biting a hole in my bottom lip as I did so.

The Hokage rushed us behind some trees. "Sir, with all due respect," I began. "those monsters can knock over trees. Mother Nature doesn't do much for us in this case." He gave me an odd look and patted me on the head. He, much like every other adult ignored what I had to say. "Stay." he told us as if we were animals and ran off with the other men.

"What's going on?" Sasuke asked. "Yeah, like I know. I've only seen what you've seen." Red replied, annoyed. I ignored their slight bickering and averted my eyes to the men and the demons who were advancing to the village while attacking each other. I studied the scene for a moment. I'd read fictional books about monsters like these but could never imagine any of it to be true. How were kunais and jutsu going to protect us from creatures like these?

"Red," I whispered, quietly. "Sasuke," Both of them looked down at me. "I am afraid." I said, my voice hoarse. Not much scared me after the event that took place last month but what if the monsters killed everyone in the village but us? What were we going to do? Death didn't scare me but being out of choices did.

"Remy," Red began. "Don't be scared. We'll make sure nothing hurts you." she said. Wrong. How could they protect me? Sure, they were stronger than I was but, possibly, those monsters were stronger. "And don't be scared of dying. We'd be with mother and father." Sasuke added. I shuddered at his morbid way of thinking. What five year old boy thought like that? He was wrong as well. All of the logic in the world was against the idea of life after death. Yes, it was a pretty thought but entirely irrational.

My attention averted back to the scene before me. Suddenly, the vice Hokage (Don't even say anything.) plucked me up from where I was standing and said "Come on." I rolled my eyes. "Oh, okay! Let me just stretch my legs for this long, perilous walking journey we have ahead of us! Oh, that's right. You are carrying me!" I growled sarcastically. "Put me down!" I screamed, struggling a bit.

"You have quite the vocabulary for a five year old." he said and continued to carry me away. "And you have quite the beefy head for any regular human being! I am four, you pedophile! Sasuke and Red are the five-year-olds!" I cried, smacking him in the back with my small hands. He chuckled as we entered a house. This was not getting any better. He set me down on a chair next to a blonde boy.

"Are you positive she's the weakest, Yondaime?" he asked the Hokage. "Yes, she can't even use the Sharingan. Why?" he asked. I don't think they realized that I could hear them. They probably thought I was as oblivious as the doe-eyed blonde boy next to me. I was the weakest and it was awful to hear. "No reason." the vice Hokage said and shrugged. He took a deep breath told us to lay down. Now, I was even more terrified but I trusted the Hokage to save me if this man got any ideas. Reluctantly, I laid down. Soon, my eyes closed and I felt sleep overcome me.

I awoke what couldn't have been more than a half hour later. "It worked." I heard a voice say. I sat up, dizzily. "What worked?" I asked, pressing my hand to my head only to be taken down by Red and Sasuke. "Remmy!" they cried. "Kyo, the gray demon is inside of you and Kyubi, the orange demon is inside of Naruto now. You two helped save the village." Red said, proudly. I looked around to see a few men watching me, carefully, as if the demon would reappear and eat them.

"The Hokage and vice Hokage sacrificed themselves, though. It is sad." Sasuke said. I looked away. I had a demon inside of me now? Well, pin a rose on my nose.

I saw Sasuke send a strange look over to the blonde boy, who I assumed was Naruto. The blonde boy returned the look, sitting silent and immobile. There was some odd connection between the two. Something inside of me didn't like Naruto, though, when I had no problem with him before. I assumed it was my demon. I didn't like the way it made me feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Frequently asked questions that no one really asks:
Why did Sasuke and Red not notice that Remmy was being taken away?
They were too busy bickering. Basically, in every story we write, Hannah's character tends to not like Sasuke too much. They were too wrapped up in their own quarrel that they didn't notice Remmy was being taken away.

Why was the Vice Hokage chuckling at Remmy when he was just moments away from death?
He was just an easy going guy. Also, he was proud to die for his village. Bills were starting to pile up, his girlfriend slept with his bother, his goldfish died- He was going to kill himself eventually anyway. He wasn't too worried.

Why did Sasuke look at Naruto oddly?
xD
*implodes with laughter*
That information is for when you grow up, kids.
Well, at least a few chapters later.

Banners are appreciated.