Status: Complete.

The Disposable Teens

Fish Named Cat

Image
xRed's Point of Viewx 12 years later x
Konkuro and I were in my room making funny faces in the fish tank to the 15 year old goldfish. Suddenly, Remmy barged in with Gaara trailing along behind her, quietly. "Alright! You are going to name your effin' fish!" she cried. "Its been 12 years! 12 years and you still have yet to give them appropriate names!" She threw her arms up in the air dramatically.

My eyes widened. "I didn't know you wanted me to." I said, confused. What a dork my cousin is. "Hmph. I shouldn't have to tell you." she said. "I mean, how do you talk to them when they don't have names?" she asked me, placing her hands on her hips. I laughed at her insanity. "I don't." I replied. She gave me a look that said she was utterly shocked by the fact that I don't talk to the fish.

"Any ideas for names?" I asked her before she exploded. She smiled and ran out of the room. Gaara's eyes followed her and she ran out. I smirked and whispered to Konkuro. "I think your brother likes my cousin." He smiled back at me and I ignored the butterflies I got as he did so. Strangely enough, only Konkuro could make me feel that way.

"You've read this, right?" Remmy asked, excitedly and she tossed a book the size of three bibles onto my bed, causing the bed to indent. It looked as if it were swallowing the book- That's how huge it was. "Uh.. Now, I can't say I have." I said, my eyes wide. "Oh, well, it is a really fantastic book. You should read it- It is basically, a bunch of descriptions of the most sinister rogue ninjas ever.." she began and ran her fingers through some pages. Finally, she stopped. "Like this guy." she said and pointed her finger to the page.

I leaned over the huge book to read it. "Kisame?" I asked her. She nodded. "More formerly known as sushi." she giggled. "So, I think we should name the fish after him." "All of them?" I asked her.

She looked at me as if I were insane again. "Oh dear Buddha, woman, you are never allowed pets ever again." she cried and ran to the tank. "No, just this one." she said and pointed to the biggest one. "He's an evil little one. See, he steals all of the food and bullies the other fish. He can be Kisame and the others can be names more..sunshiny or something." she said and pointed to another. "Like cat."

"Cat?" I asked her, confused. She nodded. "And Weedle and Konkuro and Gaara. I bet the Konkuro fish is going to die first." she said, unaware she was being offensive. "So, anyway, let's go get ramen?" Konkuro suggested, confused. "Okay." I said and tore Remmy away from the fish tank. "Sasuke, we're going to the ramen shop. Do you want to come?" I called up the stairs. "Sure." I heard and jumped when I realized he was right behind me and not upstairs. "Okay then. Let's go." he said and we left.