Status: Complete.

The Disposable Teens

Memories

Image

xRemmy's Point of Viewx
"So, who wants the rest of my ramen? I think I'd rather spend an evening giving birth rather than finish it. My stomach is going to explode." I groaned, rubbing my stomach gingerly. Naturally, Naruto reached over, swiped the bowel away and, basically, inhaled it. We all knew he'd be here. None of us really cared with the exception of Sasuke- I am sure he only came because his best friend was going to be stuffing himself full of noodles.

I looked over at Red and Konkuro who were laughing with each other. It is funny how everyone can know that two people are in love except for those two people. I felt my hand become warm and looked down to see the pale flesh of Gaara's hand over mine. I smiled up at him and he whispered, "We're going to see each other even more often if they get married." I giggled and nodded. I liked the idea of having Gaara around more. He's my best friend.

Well, I'm not quite sure, actually. Red may be my best friend. Gaara might be. I love both of them but the feelings I feel towards Gaara are a bit different than the way I feel about Red. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think I care about Gaara a little more. Of course, I don't really rank my friends but I wish I could figure out who is my favorite.

"Hey, let's go somewhere and leave them alone. Maybe a love will finally blossom and whatnot." I suggested, quietly enough so that no one but Gaara could here. He nodded. "Hey, uh. .Sasuke, Naruto, Gaara and I have to.. uh.. use the bathroom?" I stated, pulling the boys away and waving goodbye to Konkuro and Red, whose expressions clearly showed that they were confused. Of course they were confused. What kind of a genius am I if I can't think of a better lie than an orgy in the bathroom. Well, in order to have an orgy, you need eight people and we only have four so it wouldn't really be an orgy but- Oh God. I'm shutting up.

"We're not going to the bathroom are we?" Naruto asked once we were considerably far away from the ramen shop altogether, better yet the bathroom. I shook my head. "So, where to?" I asked. "I have an idea." Gaara offered, quietly.

"We're going to actually go train, okay?" Sasuke declared. I nodded and Naruto followed him away. "So, what's your idea, Gumdrop?" I asked, smiling at him. He cringed when I referred to him as 'Gumdrop', took my hand and led me off.

I smiled brightly when we reached our destination. "Gaara!" I cried, enthusiastically. "This is the playground where we first met." He returned my smile with a small curve of his lips and nodded. While he pushed me on the swing set, I began to wonder even more why he was so important to me. He understood me. He didn't hate me because I have flaws. He has that same awkwardness with people as I do. He saves the best of him for me and only me. Maybe, just maybe, the best part is that he's always given me the feeling that we'd be together until we died.

My stomach felt as if I'd just gotten to the peak of the roller coaster ride at the festival as I wondered to myself something I'd never thought about. Do I feel things about Gaara that I shouldn't about a friend? Is he more to me than that?