I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Jack and Sally

"Why is my couch always so lumpy?"

"I have no idea. I think you should get a new one."

"Maybe you should get your skinny asses off me" I said glaring at William and Mike.

"Oh sorry shortie we didn't see you" William said smiling as he and Mike stood back up.

William had been calling me shortie since we were little. He was always so much taller than me. Even now when he was 23 and 6'3, while I was 22 and 5'4. It wasn't fair, they always used me as an arm rest. They were just lucky I loved them.

I sat up on the couch and rolled my eyes "Of course you didn't"

"That hurts" Mike said placing a hand on his chest as he and Williams sat on ether side of me on the couch "Do you really think we would sit on you on purpose?"

"Like they time you accidentally tossed me in the lake?" I asked raising an eyebrow in question.

Mike laughed "Good times"

"For you" I mummbled.

William wrapped his arm around me and handed me a soda "You know we are just kidding Amber."

I smiled at him "I know"

"Awh. Isn't that cute?"Mike asked smirking "The love birds are together"

"We're just friends!" William and I basically shouted at Mike causing him to jump.

"Calm down" he said moving away "I was just kidding"

I sighed and leaned on William, opening my soda.

It drove both of us crazy when one of our friends called us love birds or said that we were secretly dating and not telling them. William had been my best friends since he saved me from getting beat up in kindergarten. Those guys were scary okay and I had been the shortest kid in my class, William on the other hand had been taller than everyone else so he was intimidating.

"What are we watching anyway?" Mike asked.

"Nightmare Before Christmas" William and I answered at the same time not looking from the TV.

"Again?"

I smiled at him "Yep"

Mike stood up and sighed "Next time you guys invite me to a movie night thing, how about a different movie. I'm out, I'll see you guys later"

"Bye" William answered not looking from the Tv.

Mike rolled his eyes and walked out the front door of William's apartment.

"I don't think the guys are ever going to came over to watch movies again" I said smiling at William.

"Maybe we should change movies every once in a while."

"But I love Jack and Sally" I protested pouting.

William smiled as we watched the movie.

"Jack and Sally are lucky" I said sighing.

"How so?" William asked putting the movie back in it's case.

"Because they love each other and are together in the end. I wish I had someone like that"

William smiled "We'll both find someone someday Amber"

I msiled back "You're probably right"

I loved how William could always make me feel better