I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Why Did You Kiss Me?

I had to unplug my house phone again, William wouldn't stop calling and nor would the other guys. From the messages I had listened to it seems that William wouldn't tell them why I was so upset or why I wasn't answering calls again. I had also locked the door of my apartment and wouldn't open even when Michael stopped by with ice cream again. The only contact I kept with anyone was Jake when I e-mailed him parts of my book. I knew I would have to leave my apartment sooner or later though, I was running out of food.

Sighing I grabbed my wallet and cell, placing him in the back pockets of my jeans. I pulled on my favorite hoodie before grabbing my keys and openning my apartment door only and stepped out only to be pushed back inside less than a second after, a pair of lips attacking my own.

"William what are you doing?" I asked shoving him off me.

"I really miss you Shortie" he said looking at me upset.

I glared at him "Shortie is a nickname for my friends and you have your perfect little trap to keep you company" I hissed and tried to walk past him but he stopped me, holding my wrist in his hands.

"Amber we need to talk"

"You need to get the hell out of my life" I snapped.

"Do you really wnat nothing to do with me?" he asked sadly.

"You chose Elizabeth over me William. This was your choice not mine-"

I was cut off by William pressing his lips against mine again, pulling me close to him. "I made the wrong choice Amber" he said softly "I don't know how I ever thought i could give you up"

"But you aren't going to break up with Elizabeth are you?"

"No"

I shoved him away again. "Stop toying with me William! Just get the hell out of my apartment!"

"After sitting in the hall way for two days hopeing you would open the door, you are not going to get rid of me that easily" he answered stubbornly.

I tried to walk past him again, but he simply side stepped and blocked my path again.

"I am going to punch you Beckett if you don't back off and get out of my way" I growled.

William held my wrist in his grasp again. "I need you in my life Amber as a friend, I'm sorry but I don't have feeling past that for you and it would be unfair to punish me for that"

I could feel tears prickling at my eyes "Then why did you kiss me?"

William sighed "To get you attention"

"You need my attention when you kissed back at your apartment?" I asked before shoving him once more and running from my apartment.

It was almost like he wanted to make me cry