I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Michael To The Rescue

I wasn't really sure where I had run off to, all I knew was I had cried the whole way there and that I hadn't taken my car, I had ran. I was sitting in some unknown park on a bench still crying when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I instantly jumped and fell off the bench.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up at the stranger worried. He had black hair and was quite handsome his dark brown eyes that didn't look the most friendly "W-Who are you?"

"I was just walking by and saw that you were crying" he answered looking at me worriedly "Are you okay? Is there anything I can do?"

"No offense but you are kind of creeping me out, I would prefer if you left me alone"

The guy just kept staring at me so I quickly go to my feet and took off as fast as I could. Where the hell was I? I was trying to find a street sign when I heard footsteps behind me. Walking faster I quickly pulled out my cell phone and called the first number on it. Lucky it was Michael and not William.

"Hello?"

"Michael?" I whimpered.

"Amber? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I don't know where I am Michael and I'm really freaked out. William showed up at my apartment and we got in a fight so I took off and now I'm lost. Michael will you come and get me?"

"Just give me a street name and I'm there Am"

I looked around for a street sign, I had a bad feeling I really needed to get out of here and fast. "Barrington and Chestmont" I answered when I finally found one.

"I know exactly where you are, I'll be there in at least 10 minutes."

"Will you please stay on the phone with me until you get here?" I begged "I'm really scared Michael"

"Of course Amber. But what are you doing in that neighborhood? Don't you know it's not very safe to be walking around there alone?"

"I didn't know where I was going" I sighed "I just kind of took off to try and get away from William"

Michael sighed "You should have come to my place or one of the other guys, you know we would have made William leave you alone if you had asked."

"I know I was just really upset and wasn't thinking."

"I know Am, but you need to be more careful. I can see you, I'm right down the street"

I turned and was happy to see Michael's car down the yards away now. I quickly took off towards the car. Michael got out and pulled me into a hug as I cried into his shoulder.

"Come one Am, let's get you home and I'll yell at William later for you after you tell me everything that happened"

I nodded and got in the car while Michael got back in the driver's seat and restarted the car "You know the guys and I would have thought you were dead already if it wasn't for the fact that Jake told us you have been sending him the updates of your book"

"I know" I sighed "I'm really sorry"

"Next time you unplug your phone to get William to leave you alone will you warn the rest of us so we don't just think you have disappeared?"

I smiled "Sure thing"

"Plus you could answer the door when I bring you cheer up ice cream so I don't have to eat it all by myself" he added glaring at me playfully.

"I promise next time I will"

"Good"

Sometimes I didn't know what I would do without Michael