I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Growing Up In Chicago

I can't tell her

Can't tell me what? Was that William's way of telling Michael he cared about about me in more than just a best friends kind of way and if he did then why did he tell me he only wanted to be my friend?

I'm not good enough for her either

How could William say he wasn't good enough for me? Wouldn't it be my choice if I thought someone was right for me? But then again I had been the one who told him Elizabeth wasn't right for him.

"Amber are you okay?" Jayden asked waking em from my thoughts.

"Yeah I'm fine" I answered smiling weakly.

"It seemed like you had disappeared to somewhere else on me there for a second" he said smiling and brushing some of his hair out of his eyes.

"I just have a lot on my mind" I answered for taking a sip of my drink.

"Like what?" Jayden asked looking at me curiously.

"My best friend is just being an ass" I sighed.

"The one with the brown hair that you were sitting next to and was glaring at me when I asked you for your number?"

"That would be William" I answered smiling "He is really over protective"

Jayden smiled at me and rested his chin in his hand looking at me "I can see why, all the guys must be after you"

"If William doesn't scare them off first, the tall little bugger can be intimidating if he wants to be. That's how we met actually, some kids were picking on me in grade K and William stood up for me. Too bad he still seems to think he has to save me from the big bad world and all the men in it"

"So I take it he didn't want you to go out on a date with me?" Jayden asked curiously.

"Nope" I answered taking another sip of my coke. "He told me I wasn't going until Michael yelled at him for me.

"Michael?"

"He is my Aussie other half and plays guitar in William's band. I'm met him a few years ago when he first joined the band after Tom quit but I never really got along well with Tom anyway."

"You sure hang out with a lot of guys" Jayden noted "I'm surprised you are still single"

I smiled "They are all like my brothers, except Pete I would never admit he was related to me even if he was"

"Pete as in Pete Wentz?" Jayden asked looking shocked. "You really know a lot of famous people"

I shrugged "Growing up here in Chicago helps"

"I grew up in Chicago too but I don't know anyone in a band"

"Having your best friend from Kindergarten be in a band if probably a major factor too I suppose" I shrugged again. "Even though William wont let me go on tour with him and TAI"

"Why do you do that?" Jayden asked still looking at me with interest.

"Do what?" I asked confused.

"Smile whenever you talk about your friend William, even when you are upset with him. But it's not the same smile you gave me when I first met you, it's different seems brighter and you only use it when the conversation is about him and your eyes light up too. It's like electricity shooting threw a lake, you must really like him huh?" Jayden smiled.

When I didn't answer Jayden sighed "All the beautiful girls are always already taken"

"You don't have to worry" I answered not looking at him "William doesn't want me anyway, he already proposed to his girlfriend"

"Would that be the bleach blond with the attitude problem who kept kicking you under the table?" Jayden asked raising an eyebrow in question.

"Yeah"

"Trust me" Jayden said smiling "He wont stick with her over you, you are so beautiful, she isn't and you seem like a way nicer person"

I smiled "You're sweet"

"Why don't I pay the bill and get you home? Then maybe we can hang out sometime as friends, seeing as you already have your heart stolen by someone"

"Not worth trying to steal my heart from him?" I asked smirking.

Jayden smiled at me "Far from it, I can just tell that he is the one that would make you the happiest"