I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Movie Night

"Thanks Jayden I had a really nice time"

"You're welcome Amber, just remember my advice"

"I will thanks"

I kissed Jayden's cheek before walking into my apartment and sighing. "People should be able to see in the dark" I mumbled too lazy to try and find the light switch.

"You're just being lazy" a voice answered.

"Who's there?" I asked arms stretched in front of me so I would run into anything. I felt someone lace their fingers with my own.

"It's okay Amber, it's just me"

"William?" I asked surprised as he pulled me closer to him. "How many times in one day do I have to get rid of you?"

"You'll never get rid of me forever" he answered softly "I'll always come back, I can't live without my best friend"

Best friend

"Shouldn't you be back at your place with Elizabeth?" I asked attempting to pull away from him.

"No" William answered tightening his arms around my waist "She is on her way back to New York"

"Why?"

"I broke up with her"

I wished I could see William's face through the dark so I could tell if he was lying or not "Why?"

"Because I shouldn't be with someone who treats my friends like crap, let alone someone who would cause me to lose you. I'm sorry i didn't listen to you sooner Shortie"

I smiled softly "Whatever happened to wanting to spend the rest of your life with her?"

"I took the ring back the same day you and I got in that fight" he answered.

"Thank-you William"

"For what?"

"Not letting me go"

William hug me tightly "I never will"

Losing William would be like not being able to breath, he was the single most important person in my life. I was glad he hadn't chosen Elizabeth over and he hadn't allowed me top push him away.

"William?"

"Yes?

"It's really dark in here"

I heard him chuckle and then move away from and a few seconds later the lights were on and I turned to see William holding up 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'

"Movie night?" he asked smiling.

I smiled back and took the movie from him "We really do need more movies to watch"

"We'll go rent some tomorrow and have a movie night this weekend with all the guys"

"Sounds good"

It was nice having William back, even if I only had him as a friend.