I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Phone Messages

"You are a liar Amber" William said, my laptop on his lap as he looked at my book.

"How so?"

"You said you didn't write much. This is two whole new chapters"

I shrugged "It isn't that much"

"How long did this take you shortie?" he asked giving me a knowing look.

"All night" I mumbled.

William placed my laptop on the table and pulled me into a tight hug. I pushed away slightly, I really just wanted to get out of his apartment. I didn't like the feeling I was getting be here now.

"What's wrong?" he asked looking hurt.

"Nothing" I answered "I just have a lot to do today. I'll come back for my laptop later" I said getting up and pulling on my converse.

"Amber wait" William said standing up but I was already out the door and walking down the hall as fast as I could.

I didn't know how long it would be until I felt comfortable in William's apartment again. It was just weird thinking that he had been with someone there besides me when we got a little too drunk. I mean William has had tons of girlfriends before but I never really thought about it. I stood in the corner of the elevator, my arms wrapped around myself thinking about back when we were in High School.

I remembered the time we had stayed up all night at Sisky's house watching scary movies when the power went out. We had been home alone at the time and Sisky had no idea where any candles were or any flashlights, the only thing he could find was two star wars light up light sabers. I being the evil little bugger that I am did everything I could to freak them out even the slightest. Seeing two High School boys running around a house with light up light sabers freaking out about ghost because I had told them that I thought I heard something moving upstairs was the most hilarious thing you will ever see.

As the elevator doors opened at the lobby I was surprised to see Mike standing there waiting for the elevator.

"Hey Amber" he said smiling.

"Hi" I answered shortly before walking past him and out of William's apartment complex.

I got in my car and sighed. I had no idea why I was really all that upset. Okay, so William didn't tell me he had a girlfriend. What was the big deal? It was just one time he hadn't told me something and I'm sure he would have told me sooner or later if I hadn't come to his apartment when he had sex hair.

I placed my keys in the ignition and started my car.

I had to think of something to do for when William asked me later what I had been so busy with that I had run off like that. I turned on the radio on my way back to my apartment only to hear William's voice coming through the speakers. Damn him for being in a popular band.

When I got back to my apartment my phone said I had a new message. Sighing and knowing who it would be from I pressed the play button and walked into my kitchen.

Amber hey it's William. I was just wondering if you were okay. You seemed kind of upset when you left and you left your laptop which I know you are normally super glued to. Mike said he saw you leaving and you looked like you were about to cry. So...Just call me back when you get home. Bye

I sighed and looked in my fridge for something to eat. There was nothing, of course. I had only had left over take-out last night and I had eaten that while I had been working on my book. I guessed it was time I went food shopping again, anything to keep from calling William back.