I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

For 4 Months

Why do I always lose?

Currently I was beingstraddled pinned down to the couch by William. Apparently trying to sneak out of the apartment when he wasn't look was not allowed. He had also hidden my laptop, knowing full well I wasn't going to leave without it. No way would I leave my laptop over night anywhere, knowing his and my friends it would get broken and I would lose everything.

"Why are you so upset Amber?" William asked pinning my arms at my sides.

"I'm not" I repeated for what must have been the three hundredth time.

"If you weren't you wouldn't have threatened to kill my favorite character. You always do that when you are mad at me."

Damn him for knowing me so well

I wanted nothing more at that moment than to wipe that smirk off his face.

"Is it because I have a girlfriend?"

I refused to answer.

"Amber?"

Still no answer.

"Amber do you like me as more than a best friend?" he asked looking at me with interest.

"Wow, you think highly of yourself Beckett don't you? I'm not like one of those crazed fans of yours who fall for you just because you have a pretty face and a nice voice."

"And you know me better than any of them ever will" he countered.

"William you are my best friend, nothing more and nothing less." I sighed "It's not that you have a girlfriend that is bothering me it's the fact that you didn't tell me."

"I was planning on it" he answered looking at me sadly.

"When?"

"I don't know. It's just never seemed like the right time"

"You sound like you were going to tell me horrible news" I said smirking at him.

He smiled "I do don't I?"

"How long have you been dating her?"

"For 4 months"

"4 months!" I all but yelled.

"Mad at me again?" he asked smiling and holding me down.

"Yes!"

"I wanted you to meet her before I told you Amber. She doesn't live in Chicago, so this is the only chance I had"

"Why are you dating someone who doesn't live in Chicago?" I asked looking at him like he was stupid.

"We met when I was on tour"

"The tour you refused to let me go on?" I asked glaring at him.

William rolled his eyes "How many times to I have to tell you that you would not want to be stuck on a bus for months with 5 sweaty guys?"

"I am stuck with the 5 of you almost every day William!"

"That's not the point"

"You just want to have breaks from me" I accused looking hurt.

"Amber that is not true" he said instantly his face softening. "I miss you more than anything when I'm on tour"

"Right, that's why you pick up a girlfriend when you leave."

"You're my best friend. What makes it so horrible that I want a love life?"

"Nothing" I answered not looking at him.

"Do you want to meet her?"

"When?"

"Tomorrow"

"I have to go talk to Jake about what I wrote tomorrow William" I answered trying to get my arms free. It was uncomfortable being pinned down for long periods of time.

"So cancel"

"I already had to cancel going to his office once this week because of you William. Not tomorrow"

He looked ready to protest when there was a knock at the door.