I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Forgotten

"You might want to answer that William"

"Yeah" he answered not looking away from me.

"You have to get off me in order to do that"

"True" he said smiling slightly.

"Are you going to?"

"William? Are you home?"

He finally looked toward the door, stopped pinning me down and walked over to the door. As I sat up on the couch, crossing my arms William opened the door revealing the bleach blond I had seen earlier.

"Hey Elizabeth" he said smiling at her.

Elizabeth.

So that's what her name is.

"Hey I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner"

William seemed to have completely forgotten about me. I stood from the couch and placed my laptop in it's case and stood where I was sure William and Elizabeth wouldn't notice me. I had been right the first time, I didn't belong here now. She did, this Elizabeth who had seemed to of taken over my best friend.

"I would love to" he answered lacing his fingers with hers, giving her his special smile. The smile I had only ever see him give me. I made myself look away, I couldn't stand watching.

"Then maybe we could come back here and spend some time together?"

"Sounds nice" I could heard the smile in his voice and picture it in my mind. Was this fair? For him to forget about me in and instant and was it fair for me to be jealous. He deserved to be happy, even if that meant that I wasn't important to him anymore.

"Who is that?"

I looked up to see Elizabeth staring at me, William was too now. I picked up my laptop case and placed it over my shoulder and walked toward them.

"I'm no one important apparently" I answered walking past them and out of William's apartment.

"Amber!" William called after me.

It was the second time I had run from his apartment that day and he had called after me. But he never chased after me and that's what made us just friends, I wasn't the one he would chase after. He always expected me to come back, but I wasn't going to this time. He had Elizabeth and the band, why on earth would he need me?