I'm Not in Love, This Is Not My Heart

Messages

23 messages on my home phone.

39 messages on my cell phone.

45 text.


How many had I answered?

None

I had ended up turning off my cell and unplugging my home phone. William could call and leave messages until his finger fell off, but I was not going to answer. Now I was currently laying on my couch where I hadn't moved from in the last couple days watching The Nightmare Before Christmas over and over again. Yeah I was being pathetic but William was my best friend and he had forgotten about me in the matter of seconds, I was upset to say the least.

"If you are William I'm not home" I called as someone began knocking on my door. "And if you are one of his or my friends here to convince me he is sorry and I should talk to him, you are wasting your time. You might as well go talk to a wall for all the good it will do you"

"What if I am a concerned friend with your favorite kind of ice cream?" Michael's Australian accent came through the door.

"Then I love you people from the down under more than I ever have before" I said smiling as I opened the door.

Michael smiled and pulled me into a hug "Everyone has been trying to call you for days. Even Jake called Mike's cell wondering if you were okay because you haven't been answering his e-mails."

"I haven't even looked at my laptop in days" I sighed sitting down on the couch again.

"I never thought I would hear that out of your mouth" he said smiling and sat down next to me.

"You claimed to have ice cream" I said resting my head on his shoulder "Where is it?"

Michael pulled out a tub of strawberry ice cream and two spoons causing me to smile. Apart from William, Michael was the one who knew how to make me smile. He was the coolest Aussie ever.

"William is really worried about you" Michael said once Nightmare Before Christmas Finished and half the ice cream was gone.

"I don't want to talk about William" I sighed "Didn't I say before opening the door that if you were here to convince me he was sorry you would have better luck talking to a wall?"

"He hasn't seen Elizabeth in ages Amber. Can you blame him for wanting to spend time with her?"

I could feel the tears pricking at my eyes "She gives him a right to forget all about me?"

"He hasn't forgotten all about you if he has left you basically 300 hundred messages."

"You should have seen when Elizabeth showed up when we were talking. It was like I didn't exist anymore, I must not be very important to him"

"And how long have you been in love with William?"

"A while...wait I'm not in love with William" I said looking at Michael in shock.

"Doesn't sound like that was going to be your first answer Amber"

I looked at Michael before I felt the tears start to fall down my cheeks.

"Amber" he said looking at me sadly before pulling me into a hug. "It's okay"

"No it's not" I said through the tears that were falling freely, drenching my cheeks and Michael's shirt "It's not okay. It wont ever be okay, William wants her not me. I'm just his best friend"

"Why don't you say something to him? Tell him how you feel?"

"I would rather see him happy, then be happy myself."

"Well he is miserable without you talking to him. Why don't we get you fixed up and then head over to his apartment?"

"I don't think i can see him right now" I said trying to get the tears to stop "And if Elizabeth is there I...I...I don't know what"

"Alright" Michael sighed smoothing out my hair "How about you put in a new movie and I'll call everyone real quick and tell hem you are okay"

"Okay" I said getting up and walking over to my DVDs.

When had I developed more than friends feeling for William and how on earth could I have let them get this bad? He had been my best friend since grade school, we could never be more than just best friends, he probably thought of me as a sister knowing my luck.

How was I going to handle all this?