Take Off Your Make Up and Put Down the Camera

Nine

I was in no state to drive her car, so Sisky drove. Gabe was sitting in the back with me. My head was buried in his chest and I was bawling my eyes out. It didn’t take us long to get the hospital. As soon as we found somewhere to park, I jumped out of the car and ran inside with Gabe and Sisky on my heels.

I spoke with the nurse at the desk and she pointed me in the direction of where my dad had been. My mom was sitting outside of the room he was in, crying. My grandma and grandpa were by her side.

“Momma?” I asked as I walked up to her.

“Oh hunny,” She cried as she wrapped her arms around me. We were sobbing in each other’s shoulders.

“Can I see him?” I whispered. Momma just nodded her head. I bit my lip then looked at Gabe and Sisky. I silently begged them to come with me and they both took one of my hands in their own.

We slowly walked into the room they had him in and I broke down. My dad and I were really close, like he was my best friend other then my twin. He’s the one who helped me get through everything in my past.

I was sitting on the floor now, sobbing into my hands while Sisky and Gabe tried to calm me down. I’m guessing Sisky got tired of me sitting on the floor because he picked me up and took me back into the waiting room area. He sat down on a chair and kept me on his lap. I clung to him like I was never going to him again. Sisky has been my other rock since I met him. Gabe was sitting in the chair next to us, rubbing my back. I don’t think he really knew what to do.

“Keegan?”

I pulled away and I saw Audra. I got up and ran into her arms.

“Did you see him?”

I just nodded and she walked in by herself. I sat back down on Sisky’s lap.

“Baby, everything is going to be okay,” Sisky whispered in my ear.

I wanted to believe him and I really wanted it to be Gabe calling me baby, telling me everything would be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love my readers and commenters.

Silent readers:
Can I have some comments?
I swear I don't bite...

:]