Someday I will Understand

Chapter 1 Where it all begins

As Kate awoke from a beautiful sleep she rolled over and checked the time on her alarm clock it was 9:35am as her mind wondered as to whether she could roll over and go back to sleep it dawned on her the concert had finally arrived - that big day where she could let her hair down and go unnoticed was finally here.As Kate pulled the blankets off her body and slowly got up she could hear on the baby monitor that someone was awake and making little gurgling sounds. Kate wondered where Lance was.

********************
Lance is Kate's husband, soon to be ex-husband. Late last year Lance had come out that he was gay though it came as a shock, Kate was well aware of this before it became public, though at the time Kate had felt as though her heart had be pulled out of her body she was so heartbroken that the man she had taken her vows with, did not believe in them anymore. While her heart didnt know where to turn to she knew she had to be strong especially as she was expecting Lance's child.

Kate and Lance's relationship became rocky in 2005 and they decided to seperate, there were many attemps at reconciliation but to no avail were they able to work there issues out, though there was this fiery passion that they had for each other, they knew each other so well and back in december of 2005 thats when that fiery passion came out and there son was concieved.
*********************

Kate walked out of her room and into the nursery where her son was laying in his cot with his wide blue eyes staring at her.
"Hello beautiful, is my little boy awake"
Kate bent down and picked her son up from his cot and craddled him in her arms.
"Where's your daddy, should we go and find him" she said as she smothered him in kisses.
Kate walked down the long hallway and down the stairs in to her kitchen, where she found Lance reading the paper.

She could feel an argument was going to start even if it was over something so stupid but when it came to Hayden she was so protective but then as she kept thinking she didnt want to ruin her day by her and Lance having an argument, ever since he had moved in as Kate wanted him to be a hands on dad, they had gotten along like best friends, so why start something so petty over a baby monitor.
"Good morning" Kate said as she walked over to the coffee machine to pour her self a cup, Kate had managed a technique where she could hold Hayden and pour herself a cup of coffee.

"Hey, did you just wake up? Hayden woke up bout 6ish I heard him on the monitor after he had a feed he went back to sleep" Lance said as he continued to read the local paper

"Yeh I just got up I didnt realise that it was this late already, Kiesha is going to be here in bout 20mins and I'm not even dressed. I've got that concert tonight so remember your looking after Hayden tonight, I'll be back tomorrow. Keish and I are gonna stay in Lakewood, I think we are going out afterwards not to sure"

"Yeh I remember, Hayden and I will be fine" Lance said as he grabbed Hayden out of Kates arms and put him in the bouncer.

As Kate was finally able to enjoy her cup off coffee the buzzer went off which was for her security gates which secured her property and kept the paparzzi at bay.
"Hello" Kate said in to the intercom
"Hey bitch its me let me in I wanna see the Bubs"
Kate pressed the button that opened the security gates which allowed Keisha to drive up the short drive way, Kate and Keisha had been friends since high school, they were basically inseparble and Keisha now worked for Kate as her Personal Assistant and Publicist. Kate wasnt one to have many people to work for her she liked to deal with things herself, but as she was famous she really did need the help.

Keisha got out of her car and walked up to the front door and pressed the doorbell.