Someday I will Understand

Chapter 100 OUT OF REHAB

Kate was upset at the news Gerard had told her, It made her feel like there was nothing but at the same time Kate only wanted to concentrate on her recovery and to deal with the feelings she had after she had completed her stint in rehab.

Because the more she thought about it the more it made her want to yell and scream, to get out of rehab and to go and punch Eliza out.

Kate knew she couldn’t and that she wouldn’t, but at the same time she wasnt ready to forgive Gerard to her this was enough it was like all they were having was problems never able to get in to the happy cycle where they could enjoy one another’s company and love the time that they spent together.

Kate had, had enough of fighting for there relationship as she saw it there was nothing less to salvage.

Kate had now been at rehab for 30days she had 15 left and then she was free woman, over that time she had spoken to Gerard and told him that at this stage they needed a break but what he didnt know was that Every weekend that Frank had visited, Frank and Kate were getting closer both had decided unbeknownst to Gerard that when Kate was released Kate was going to go and live with Frank for the sake of Sadie as both wanted Sadie to have both parents around and have a stable home.

Kate was unsure of her feelings with Frank, she’d had them once before so she knew she really liked him but at the same time she didnt want to ruin the friendship between Gerard and Frank and that was what plagued her, that she could split a band up over liking another band mate.
Frank’s feelings for Kate were returning and he was glad that she was returning to her normal self, he hated seeing Kate in turmoil and wanted her to get better for the sake of there daughter.

Kate had opened up about her problems starting from the start with her son and when he passed how she had never gotten over it which in turn meant that she wasnt able to heal how twice she had tried to end her life first when she was hit by a car and the second being when she slit her wrist’s hoping all the pain would end. How she’d had problems in her relationship, also finding out that the man she truly loved was in fact not the father of her child as she had first thought when the results had been given.

Kate was over it or so she thought, her therapists had given her support and advice in the information she had given them, they wanted Kate to succeed and she could see that which made her want it even more, to be able to spend time with her daughter as a mother should and to move on with life, never to forget her first child but to be able to move past it as there was so much more to life and wallowing around in the past was never good for anybody.

Kate had also spoken up how she had started to take cocaine as she saw it as a release where she didnt have to deal with the real world she could stay in her imaginary world where no one would hurt her, though Kate had come to realise that life didnt work like that, there was going to be obstacles whether she liked it or not. Kate knew that once she was release she would have to take it one day at a time and she knew that she would have Franks support for that which she truly appreciated.

Gerard was upset but understood that Kate at this stage wanted to have a break he was counting down the days till he thought she would be coming home where he hoped they would be able to work out there relationship woes and move past it.

Since Gerard had done the unthinkable and slept with Eliza and then pushed her away, Eliza had changed her game plan and decided that she wanted to destroy Gerard as well along with Kate cause as she saw it if she couldn’t have Gerard then no one could. One thing Eliza had decided was that she would never Gerard that he was the true father of Sadie, she wanted him to suffer and to her that would be the worst not knowing your daughter and having her right under his nose.

Kate was more then ready now to face the world she had completed her last 15 days and knew that she would have the support of her councillors and Frank along with Family and Friends she had pushed away during her downward spiral.
Kate was happy to see Frank who had come to Utah with Sadie just to pick her up, having Sadie in the pusher Kate ran to Frank’s arms where they hugged one another.
“I’m free” Kate yelled “And I feel so good”
“I’m glad your better” Frank said as he swung Kate around and kissed her on the lips which shocked Kate but she didnt care, right now she was free and back to her normal self of how she use to be.

One thing Kate wasnt looking forward to was when she got back to Jersey she would need to speak to Gerard an let him know that there relationship was over, that’s if she could go through with it as she wasnt sure what to do.