Someday I will Understand

Chapter 105 I made my decision, it's up to me!

Kate had a decision to make who’s heart was she going to break the person she was sure she loved more then anything who had stood by here through thick and thin and was only wanting the same in return or the person who she now thought was the father of her child and wanted to love her and raise their child together.

Kate was stumped she really didnt know what to do or who she could turn too...

Sitting in the spare room at Frank’s she was now occupying she wish it was all just very easy where she knew what she wanted...Her heart was telling her to follow her thoughts but her thoughts were all jumbled.

Getting up from where she sat she looked in to the mirror trying to determine the type of person she was, looking all she saw was a washed up celebrity who had ended in rehab and couldn’t look after herself nor her child but yet she had the love and support from her family and friends.

Looking through her stuff Kate saw some photo’s of Gerard and how happy they looked...she never wanted him to think that she had used him as she hadn’t...if anything she wanted the trust and love they once shared back.
Kate was ready she knew what she had to do...Grabbing her handbag she walked down the stairs to where Frank was now sitting in the lounge area with Sadie on the floor who was rolling around, Kate couldn’t help but scoop her daughter in her arms where she smothered her with kisses which made Sadie make a gurgling laughing sound.

“I gotta go out for a bit...I’m gonna take Sadie...Can I borrow your car?”
“Um...yeh sure...are you home for dinner?”
“I don’t know yet...I’ll call you”

Frank kissed his daughter and gave Kate his car keys, grabbing Sadie’s baby bag she walked out the door and to Frank’s car where she buckled Sadie into her baby capsule.
Kate knew where she was going but first she needed to make that important phone call
Dialling Gerard’s number she waited for him to answer.
“Hello”
“Hi Gee”
“Katie...What’s going on?”
“Are you at home...I want to talk if you will let me”
“Yeh I am...but I’m confused what’s going on?”
“I’ll explain when I get there...I’ll be there shortly”

Kate hung her phone up and drove the short drive to where Gerard was. Arriving there she picked up Sadie and walked to the front door which was opened by Gerard who had continually looked out the window to await Kate’s arrival.

“Where is everyone?”
“They went out...So Kate what’s going on coz today you just left and it was weird and I don’t know what to do...Are you telling me that it’s over coz I can deal with that..I just hate being out of the loop I want to know what’s going on I need to know...I love you Katie more then anything and I still want to make you my wife...I’m really trying to make things right but I don’t know what else to do” Gerard said out of breath

Kate placed Sadie in the bouncer that was in the lounge room and looked towards Gerard who was waiting for an answer.
“So have you finished rambling?”
“Huh” Gerard said confused

Rather then with words Kate used actions, walking up to Gerard she planted a soft kiss on his lips and whispered “I’m sorry...I never had to make a decision...you’re my soul mate and I DO want to spend the rest of my life with you if you will still have me?”
Gerard was shocked he was sure that Kate was going to break up with him “You already know the answer to that” he replied as he grabbed Kate by the waist and pulled her into a tight embrace and kissed her passionately.
“I love you Kate...But..um..what about Frank?”
“Right now I’m not worried with that but I know he will understand...I want us to think of each other to put the past behind us and start afresh..the loving and trusting couple we once were...I cant have you out of my life and I know that..But we have to be promise to be honest with each other no matter what the other person is gonna think ok?”
“Yeh Baby that’s all I want...Oh I got this for you”
Bending down on one knee Gerard held Kate’s hand who looked at him lovingly
“Kate Amber Bartlett...Will you marry me?” Gerard said holding a red box which was opened and a white gold ring with a simple diamond in it.

Kate nodded excitedly unable to say anything...Gerard slipped the ring on her finger where he got up and kissed her once more “For ever and ever” he whispered

Sadie started to gurgle and make very funny sounds, Kate was glad there was some happiness now in her life and soon there would be a showdown with a Eliza and hell to pay but first she would have to deal with breaking Frank’s heart how she was going to let him down was a different story...one thing she didnt want to do was hurt him and break up a friendship between Gerard and Frank.