Someday I will Understand

Chapter 11 When the Heart Hurts

As soon as the door was closed, Gerard grabbed Kate by the waist and pulled her closer towards him where he could feel her body against his. Gerard leaned over her and kissed her pouty lips. What started out playful and silly, quickly turned serious and sensual as their mouths devoured one another, Kate could feel Gerard hands slowly moving around her body, touching her feeling her soft milky skinGerard lifted Kate’s top up over her breasts and brought his mouth to them. He fondled them gently and kissed them open-mouthed before a thought returned to him suddenly, and he lifted his head to look at her.

Gerard smiled at her warmly, With her hand she grabbed Gerard’s tie that he was wearing and dragged him to the bed. Gerard liked that Kate was being domineering, but he decided that he wanted it to be special and wanted both of them to be pleased. He watched her face, still smiling at her, as he covered her nipple with his open mouth again. She grinned down at him before she closed her eyes and laid her head back against the pillow.

The sensation of Gerard's mouth caressing her breast was so tranquil and warming to Kate. She ran her fingers through the short hair at the back of his head. Gerard continued watching Kate as he moved to suckle her other breast, and brought his hand over her stomach. He rubbed his palm over the smooth skin around her navel and under the elastic of her panties, over her pelvis. Becoming quite aroused as Kate was softly moaning Gerard knew he wanted to be inside her.As Gerard's mouth left her now hard, wet nipple, Kate lifted her pelvis to remove her underwear, and pulled him up to her. "C'mere."

Gerard removed his pants as Kate removed his shirt and took his tie off. He hovered his naked body over Kate's, mounting himself between her legs, and they gazed at one another as he slid inside her slowly.

Kate slid her hands over Gerard's warm body above her, and caressed his lips and tongue with hers, as she moved her pelvis in measure with his. His tenderness was so touching to her. More so than what his hands and body could do to her. Her open mouth left his, and the pulse of their movement together brought Kate to a most primitive state of being, as her body's pleasure peaked from deep inside her.

As Kate’s body reacted to Gerard's, his face hovered over hers and he continued to delve into her at his own enjoyment. The evidence of her excitement left her even more warm...and even more moist...and in return increased Gerard's own euphoria. She continued to rock her pelvis against his until his body convulsed between her thighs, and he released himself inside her.
Gerard kissed her hot, sticky lips with his own, before he grinned and breathed against her cheek,
Slowly as he rolled off her, He grabbed her in his arms and held her tight, Kate couldn’t believe what had just happened, it was like she was in heaven being pleased beyond belief.

Gerard on the other hand was feeling as though he was really falling for Kate, thinking how much he wanted to spend every minute with her and just holding her while they laid there was so peaceful.

Kate turned to look at Gerard and gazed in to his eyes, as the both said nothing he could tell from the look in her eyes on how she felt, Kate felt she was really falling for him and after making love and being so close there was no where else she wanted to be.

As they cuddled into each other, they both fell fast asleep.

Waking up the next morning Kate felt secure more then she had felt in along time, Gerard had held her all night and to Kate that was wonderful to have his arms around her made her feel special.
As Kate was awake she watched Gerard while he slept looking so peaceful, slowly she lifted his arm off her so she was able to get up and have a shower, after having a shower and realising that Gerard was still asleep, she knew it was time for her to leave to get back to her house and get Hayden from Keisha’s.

So rather then waking Gerard she softly kissed him on the cheek and said goodbye, forgetting to leave a note.

By the time Kate got back to her house it was after 9am, Lance was awake and sitting in the kitchen with the baby monitor with him, as soon as he saw Kate the anger in him grew, “Where the fuck have you been Kate?”
“Like I have to explain to you where I have been”
Getting more angry by the minute Lance yelled back “When its fucking to do with our son, then fuck yeah I have a right to know!”
Kate not understanding what Lance was on about finally saw that Hayden was in his bouncer in the dining room.

“What is he doing here, I had him at Keisha’s”

“That’s just it Kate, How can you call yourself a mother when your dumping your son and going out to party?”

By now Kate’s feelings were getting hurt, she knew she wasn’t perfect but with Hayden she done her best and made sure he always came first”
As she slowly started to cry, Lance ripped in to her more, he was never physically abusive, but emotionally he could tear in to her and most times she would take it this being one of them.

“So Keisha told me your fucking seeing someone, remember our plan we are moving to Australia coz that’s what you wanted so we can raise our son, so I suggest today you fucking end this little relationship of your today”
Kate just stood there and agreed she didnt know what else to do.

By now Gerard was awake and couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw that Kate wasn’t there, laying there in bed he felt so hurt like he had been used, though in the back of his mind was thinking she wouldn’t do this, but then the questioning came in to his head, maybe she did you me, why would she want me, when all of a sudden his mobile went off, answering it he saw that it was Kate, while on the phone she explained why she had gone and that she needed to see him now as they needed to talk.

Kate finally arrived at the hotel and by the time she got to Gerard’s room she was already in tears again. Gerard opened the door and saw that she was crying “sugar what’s wrong” “everything (Kate didnt know what to say she knew she would be hurting Gerard but at the same time she knew she had to listen to Lance) I’m sorry Gerard I cant do this”
“Do what” Gerard said confused “I cant see you anymore, I’m leaving to go back to Australia soon and it wont work, I’m so sorry” and with that Kate ran off before Gerard could say anything.

Gerard stood there like his heartbroken but he knew there was something else but couldn’t work it out.

By now Kate had parked her car and was looking at the beach where she was swigging a bottle of bourbon, thinking do I really wanna be here, the best thing in my life I have let go and with that she called Keisha and explained in a drunken stupor what had happened and to come and get her so she could see Gerard and apologise, one thing she knew was that something great had happened to her and she didnt want to give it away.

Keisha picked Kate up and drove her back to the hotel, by now it was mid afternoon and Gerard hadn’t left his room as he felt like he had, had his heart torn out. Kate walked to where his room was and knocked on the door, Gerard got up and answered it, he couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Kate standing in front of him.

“Hi”
“Hi” Gerard replied back
“May I come in”
Gerard ushered Kate to come im where she sat with him on the end of his bed looking in to eyes with her stained eyes from crying and her make-up smudged around her eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath.

“I realised today I don’t want to loose you, you’re the best thing that has happened to me in a long time and I cant let you go”
Gerard listened as Kate explained the whole situation on what had happened even down to why she drank as she had become depressed coz she thought she was going to loose Gerard.

Gerard listened to her and with his arms pulled and closer and softly kissing her lips while whispering in her ear “I’ll never leave you, I want to be with you too, its me and you, I’ll always be here”
Kate looked in to his eyes and smiled.