Someday I will Understand

Chapter 114 Over time people hea;

The following day Kate appeared calm, she was having her meeting with her attorney over custody of Sadie, Arriving at the New York office Kate walked in where she saw Frank already there with his legal representation from Riot Squad.

Kate walked directly passed them not looking there way and straight in to her lawyers office where she spoke to her people. They had advised they wanted Kate to get full custody and for Frank to have visitation rights. Kate didnt agree with that she wanted joint custody she didnt want any trouble.

Frank walked in with his lawyer Debbie, both were ushered to sit down at the round meeting desk, Sitting on the other side was Kate with her lawyer.

Frank’s lawyer got straight to the point “ We want Kate and Frank to have joint custody of Sadie, which means that Kate will need to reside in New York for the sake of there daughter”
Kate’s Lawyer spoke next “That isn’t acceptable...We are wanting Kate to have full custody as she intends to move back to California and For Mr. Iero to have visitation rights when he is not touring with his band”

Frank looked towards Kate hurt, He didnt want Sadie taken away from him if anything he wanted Kate and for himself to be a family like they had planned once she had gotten out of rehab.
Kate spoke up “I don’t want full custody...I want Frank to be apart of Sadie’s life...If he is up for joint custody I will do it and I will stay in New York” Kate replied

Kate’s lawyer spoke “Excuse me I just need to speak to my client”
Kate’s lawyer was trying to tell her it wasnt acceptable and that Frank should be paying her child support and it was better for Kate to have full custody, Kate knew she had already made her mind up, she didnt want Frank to hate her more she needed to have that relationship where they were civil for the sake of their daughter.

Once again Kate spoke up to Frank’s lawyer “I will take the joint custody” she said as she smiled over at Frank who returned the smile.

A custody plan was drawn up where when Frank was on tour, Kate would go out and visit him unless working, but other wise they would both have Sadie for a few days.
Kate was happy with the arrangement, as Kate got up to leave and walked out the door Frank ran after her.
“Kate” he called

Kate turned around to see Frank standing there she looked and smiled “Yes” She asked
“Um...I was wondering if we could talk”
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing..I feel like I was mean to you and you don’t want nothing to do with me”
“Frank you weren’t mean to me...Don’t ever think that...I hurt you and Gerard and I truly deserved what I got, Nothing more nothing less...Well I have to go...Bye”
“Kate don’t walk away from me please”
“Frank what else do you want me to do?”
“I want you to come back home...Stop living in a fucking hotel...please I want us to be a family”
Kate could see the sadness in Frank’s eyes “I cant” she whispered
“Why?” He asked
“They wont let me..They think for my image it’s better if I’m by myself”
“Katie you need to be around the people you love and that’s me and Sadie, We need you and I really want you to come home” Frank said trying to plead with Kate

She knew she wanted to go she really did, though there was something holding her back and that was knowing that Gerard would be in Jersey she wanted to get as far away from him as possible she loved him so much and she knew she had hurt him and she didnt want to do that anymore she wanted him to find someone he could settle down with and start his own family.

Kate knew that if she was around that she would try to see him and she knew that he would fall for yet again, both of them had love for one another that was undescribable, they loved each other deeply and on many levels.

Kate could see the desperation and Frank’s eyes and the last thing she wanted to do was hurt him more, She started to think if she went she would stay away from Gerard and concentrate on raising her daughter with Frank and that was it.
“Ok I’ll come but there are stipulations, I will work and do what I need to do as I’m sure you will...but under no circumstances do I want to see Gerard...Why because I need him to move on and forget about me...If he come’s around you tell me so I can leave” Kate finally replied

“Fine Katie I can deal with that” Frank muttered

It was arranged between the both of them that Kate would follow Frank back to Jersey and Kate would have her belongings dropped off at Frank’s house.
While Frank drove there he texted and let Gerard know that Kate was coming back home but at the same time he also told him that Kate wanted nothing to do with him so that he could move on.

Gerard was hurt by them words not as Frank had said them but as Kate wanted nothing to do with him, he knew he loved her more then life it’s self and in fact both of them had fucked up. If anything he wanted them to start fresh and he knew over time he would try.