Someday I will Understand

Chapter 121 innocent mistakes

Kate spent the night by herself not talking to anyone, She felt bad as though she was neglecting her daughter but at this point in time she needed to be by herself and overcome what she had just done.

Crawling in to bed she wrapped the blankets around her body to muffle her crying, Frank was awake but stayed silent not wanting to allow Kate to know he could hear everything.

Kate rolled over too upset to want to sleep and got up heading over to the mini bar where she found a small bottle of vodka, opening it she breathed in the smell. Frank still awake sat up in his bed just watching her look at the bottle and then the lid...Kate wasnt sure whether to drink or to just throw it away.

“Katie don’t do it” Frank whispered

Kate looked towards Frank but couldn’t see him as she had now closed the fridge and the light in it had gone.
“Do what...I’m just a little thirsty” Kate replied
“I saw it Kate...What’s on your mind...Why are you upset?”
“I’m not upset Frankie...I just have a lot on my mind that’s all” Kate said trying to brush of the fact that she nearly swallowed alcohol
“Ok...Come to bed”Frank said patting his bed not that he could now really see Kate.

Moving along the ground Kate got up and sat on the bed, crawling under the blankets she cuddled in to frank and drifted off to asleep.

On the other side of town Gerard was unable to sleep he couldn’t stop thinking about her, wanting her more then anything wishing he could take everything back and start again, he never knew how strong she could be, to give up her own happiness for the sake of her daughter, he had thought that she would have wanted to be with him and knew that with Sadie it would have been fine.

But yet the answer was no, she wanted to have a family life and give Frank the chance he deserved.
Gerard knew there was nothing he could do but to move on but right now he felt he couldn’t, and seeing Kate was going to be hard especially with all the trauma they had gone through and yet she had settled down with his best mate.

Gerard was going to come to terms with it, he loved Kate and he loved Frank and if seeing Kate happy well then Gerard was going to try and be happy for her.
Pulling his wallet out Gerard pulled a photo out of him and Kate both of them laughing and pulling funny faces, slowly a tear slid down his cheek and on to the photo where it rolled down the paper and on to the floor.

A week had passed by Kate was back in New Jersey with Frank and had picked her mood up during that time she hadn’t seen Gerard nor spoken to him, But Frank had gone over to his parents house where they had sat down and talked for a long time, later that day Gerard had gotten the rest of the guys around and let them in on what was happening in there lives, all of them took it well though Mikey was disappointed he thought Kate was better then that and really loved his brother, he wanted to confront her but knew that it would only cause unwanted trouble which none of them needed.

A few more weeks had passed and Kate had truly settled in to life with Frank, she loved his company and how really nutty he was, neither of them spoke about what went down when Kate had seen Gerard that month ago, Kate had seen Gerard a couple of times but mostly as she was walking out the house to go to work whether it was interviews or photo shoots, she was however excited that tomorrow her single was going to be released which she had truly worked so hard on and finally her master piece was finished.

Kate had however mentioned Gerard in her thank you note on her album and hoped one day he would read it, it had an answer in there for him only he would only understand, Kate had also mentioned Frank and everyone else that had become close to her, Though her main dedication was to her dead son Hayden.

What she didnt know nor had she been told was that Gerard had started up on the dating scene again and was seeing a nice girl by the name of Lindsey, she was in a band and played bass. Gerard was slowly getting over Kate and in a way that was the reason why he was rushing his feelings with this new girl in his life, everyone could see that he was slowly getting back to him old self but at the same time they didnt want him to rush anything too soon after coming out of such a hard break up.

Kate was finally going to see Gerard that night not that she wanted to but the guys were all getting together with their partners and Frank had conned Kate in to coming with his puppy dog eyes, Sadie was going to be looked after by Donna - Kate still saw Donna as Sadie’s grandmother and wanted her to still be apart of her daughters life especially since Sadie’s middle name was after Donna’s mother.

The day went along quickly and Kate tried to decide what to wear, finally choosing a pair of jeans and a black top, wanting to look casual but yet still pretty, Kate had decided not to be worried about seeing Gerard she was moving on and she hoped he was too. Frank was excited as now to him the guys would see how him and Kate were together and hopefully they would all understand.