Someday I will Understand

Chapter 131 I think i'm changing

Calling Mikey, Kate waited for him to answer finally she heard that quiet voice.
“Katie are you ok?”
“Yeh I’m feeling much better”
“Kate what happened?” Mikey asked getting straight to the point
“Frank and I had a fight”
“I know that but what else? Gee said you were out of it and when I saw you, you looked like shit”
“If I tell you do you promise not to tell Gee, you have to promise Gee and I aren’t together anymore and I don’t want him to meddle in this”
“I promise Katie, I won’t say anything not even to Ali”
“Frank came home drunk and wanted sex when I didn’t we got in to a fight, he was holding me down taking my clothes off and when he got off I made a run for it and that’s how I got my bump and bruise, but then he put me on the bed and forced me to have sex, when I got home he apologised and I could see he had been crying I know it was a mistake and so does he”
“Fuck you sure you ok, do you want to stay with me and Ali for a couple of days in the city with Sadie?”
Kate thought for a moment and gave her response “Yeh I’d like that.

Plans were made, the next morning Kate would go to the Way residence to pick Mikey up and they would then drive to Brooklyn.

Kate went to the room she shared with Frank and saw that he was still awake, not saying anything she went in to the ensuite where she started the shower and got in where the hot water rushed down her body like a waterfall, scrubbing herself clean she washed away the dirt and the occurrence from what had happened not so long ago. Getting dressed she put on a singlet and track pants. Getting in to bed she lay there quietly listening to Frank softly snoring.

The next morning Kate woke up early and packed an overnight bag while Frank still slept she wanted to get out before he woke as she knew he would be worried and think that she was leaving him which she wasn’t it was just to get away and have a breather where she could not think about being in a relationship, where as Mikey saw it as getting her out so that she could be safe, Mikey was surprised by what Kate had told him but could see Frank was like that as he had been aggressive when he had be drunk numerous other times, but not as bad.

As much as Mikey wanted to tell Gerard, Kate was right he couldn’t…It wouldn’t be fair to Kate as Mikey would then be breaking the trust they had.

Kate had packed her stuff and went to the nursery where Sadie was awake her eyes looking everywhere; Kate picked her daughter up and grabbed some clothes along with her baby bag. Walking past the bedroom she looked in and saw that Frank was not in the bed “Shit” she whispered to herself, while Sadie pulled at her hair and giggled.

Slowly Kate walked down stairs where she saw Frank sitting in the kitchen sipping a cup of coffee “hey Katie…Aww my little girl is awake” Frank said as he walked over and scooped Sadie in to his arms who started to giggle and clap with her little hands ands as Mikey smothered her with kisses.

Kate wasn’t sure to do, she wanted to go as she needed to go and get Mikey “Ahh Frank I’, going away for a couple of days and I’m taking Sadie” Kate said as she grabbed Sadie out of her high chair where Frank had placed her, Frank looked towards her with sadness “Is this cause of last night? I’m sorry about that really I am…I don’t want you to leave me”
“Frank I’m not leaving you…I just need some space, you scared me last night”
“Baby I’m sorry”
“I know you are Frankie…I just need a couple of days away that’s all ok”

Frank looked up at her and said nothing, he knew she would go whether he liked it or not. Kate did leave and drove the short drive to the Way residence where before getting out she looked in the rear view mirror where she saw her bump on her head and a bruise around her eye.

Kate thought nothing of it; grabbing Sadie she walked up to the front door and knocked, answering the door Mikey smiled when he saw Kate standing there.
“Come in”

Kate followed and saw Gerard in the kitchen with Lyn-z who were both sitting down drinking coffee; Kate glared at Lyn-z being jealous that she was there.

Gerard walked over “Hey Kate” Lyn-z looked around and waved “Hey Kate nice to see you again”
“Yeh you too” Kate said with a fake smile

Kate walked in to the lounge where Mikey was ‘How’s my beautiful niece” Mikey said pulling faces at Sadie who started to giggle, Kate handed her over “I’m just gonna have a smoke”

Seeing Kate walk out the back Gerard followed, opening the door he saw Kate with her hands over her face “Kate you ok?”
“I’m fine “She said snapping
“What’s wrong?”
“Geez why does everyone want to know if anything is wrong, I’m fine”
“Sorry Katie…we just care that’s all and I ‘m worried about you”
“Gerard don’t be worried…you have your girlfriend now and that’s all that should matter to you”
“Kate just because I have a girlfriend it doesn’t mean that I don’t care about you because I do and I always will”
“That’s sweet Gee”
“So how come your staying with Mikes for?”
“Just wanted to get away...I need it”
“Kate what’s going on between you and Frank, coz you’re stressed and now you have bruises”
“Gee don’t worry your little head with nonsense…I’m ok” Kate said with a little smile

Kate got up ready to go inside; Gerard stopped her “Come with me”

Kate followed but said nothing; she followed along the grass to the garage where Gerard closed the door “What do you want to show me?” Kate asked

“This” Gerard replied as he moved forward and wrapped his arms around Kate’s grail body pulling her closer towards him, Kate said nothing.

Using his fingers he touched her face, and moved her hair back from her face, slowly he moved his head forwards where he softly kissed her on the lips, placing her arms around his neck she pulled Gerard’s head forward and started to kiss him with soft kisses but making them deeper with passion as time went on.

Gerard continued to kiss Kate until she softly pulled apart and whispered “We can’t”
“I know” he said whispering back “But Katie it feels so right and I miss you so much”
Kate let go of her grip and started to walk away “Goodbye Gerard, be happy and be free, Don’t worry about me”

Walking inside Mikey had Sadie on the floor who was crawling around the lounge at full speed, where mikey would pick her and tickle her “Mikes ready to go?”

“Yeh Katie”
“Bye Lyn-z” kate yelled as she walked out the front door with Mikey in tow

Mikey had all his stuff along with the baby where he buckled her in to the back seat and got in to the passenger side, The drive was quick to Brooklyn but once in Brooklyn the traffic was different it was horrendous.