Someday I will Understand

Chapter 132 Away from trouble

Being at Mikey’s Kate was able to truly relax, not only did she spend time with Mikey but also Alicia who was there only for a couple of days as she had headed to Missouri for a week to see her family, So the last 3 says were spent with Mikey and Kate had the best time, She couldnt believe how good Mikey was with children so she started to grill him.

“When are you gonna have a baby?’
“Ahh Kate I cant I’m a man” Mikey said as he rolled his eyes
“I don’t mean that Mikey... I mean have you and Ali been trying?”
“Hell no...we aren’t ready yet, at the moment the cats are more then enough” With that Bunny came in tho the lounge and rubbed her head in to Kate’s leg
“You would make an awesome father Mikey I can see it now...you and Alicia would be awesome parents”
“Thanks Katie but at the moment we just like having a niece who we can spoil and always hand back” MIkey replied with a giggle

Sadie was asleep in the bouncer the Alicia had bought on one her shopping trips thinking it was cute as it was black and had skulls
on it, Kate couldnt help but laugh at the nice gesture but had told both of them to leave it here so that when Sadie visited she would have some where to go and to play in.

Kate hadn’t spoken to Frank and she knew she should off but he was the last thing that was on her mind like Gerard she hadn’t thought of him though Mikey had bought him up on a few occasions and kate now knew to handle the situation and it was quickly dissolved.

Kate and Mikey had done everything from playing video games to kate teaching Mikey how to properly cook she taught him an easy meal being Shepard’s pie.
It was finally time for Kate to head back to Jersey as the next week was going to be a big one with the launch of her album, her record company had taken care of everything but she had requested that all MCR be invited which they happily obliged to seeing as Kate was in a relationship with one of the band members that being Frank.

Kate said goodbye to Mikey and thanked him for the nice break away, kate was ready to go back home and to see Frank, getting in the car she drove back to Belleville and to the house she now shared with Frank, Getting out of the car she left her stuff in there but grabbed Sadie ad let herself back in to the house, she knew Frank was home as there was music blaring for the studio, Walking down with Sadie in her arms she opened the door and saw Frank standing there playing his guitar. Looking up he saw his two favorite people in the world looking at him or well Sadie trying to eat her fingers but seeing her Daddy a smile spread across her face and she held out her arms wanting to be cuddled by her Daddy.

“How’s my beautiful little princess” Frank said to Sadie as he scooped her into his arms where he tickled her belly and she started giggle
“hey Katie....I’m glad your home”
“Me too..I’ve missed you Frankie” Kate said with a calm voice and short smile

Frank walked closer and pecked Kate on the lips, he had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that she was going to end it after what he had done to her, he wanted to be close to her to tell her he would never hurt her ever again.

Kate wasnt sure what to say she had been gone longer the expected and she felt that Frank would feel that she was leaving him or wanting a break, but she didnt she had found her medium and realised that Frank had made a drunken mistake that she no longer wanted to relive she had put it behind her and hoped he would so that they could be a family like Frank had wanted.

Kate had come to terms with her sacrifice’s she was making she was putting her daughter’s happiness first and her’s last it’s not that she didnt have feelings for Frank they were just no where near what she felt for Gerard, The love she had for him and still had for him was more then words would have ever been able to describe, and the worst was she knew Gerard felt the same way but she couldnt bring herself to hurt Frank.

He came from divorced parents and he had always stated he wanted Sadie to have a family with both parents that were there for her, it started to bring Kate memories of when she was first married to Lance and when they had spilt and how once Hayden had been born though they were no longer together they lived together for the sake of there son, doing the best they could.

And Kate saw she was in that cycle again where she had put her child first and what she felt was best for her but yet not putting her feelings in to it. And worst of there was nothing she was going to do about it

Looking towards Frank who was too busy pulling funny faces at Sadie and eating skittles in the other hand, Kate spoke “Frankie..I’ve been thinking”

Frank looked up with despair in his eyes he felt he new where this was going and he didnt want it “Katie please don’t leave me...I promise I’ll change..I’ll do anything”
“No Frankie I’m not leaving you..I want us to be together...What do you think?”
“Um baby I totally agree” Frank said as he walked over to kate and kissed her on the lips.