Someday I will Understand

Chapter 134 Inconsolable

The day ahead as Kate saw it was going to be full of drama as she had awoken up to Frank talking on the phone, telling everyone he was engaged as she could a lot of Yeh’s, and Fucking Oath along with she said yes and I’m getting married.

Kate couldn’t help but have a smile on her face, she knew she was settling rather then really going for what her heart desired, but she felt hat over time she could learn to love

Frank with all her heart, to her it was the right thing to do for Sadie.
Heading downstairs Kate could see that Frank was still on the phone, though when seeing her walk down he looked up and smiled, Kate walked in to the kitchen where she made herself a cup of coffee and sat down at the kitchen table.

Shortly after Frank walked in holding Sadie where he placed her in her high chair where she started to bang her cup on the plastic bench. Kate looked over at frank who was now sitting beside her and smiling “ Frankie why are you so happy?” Kate asked
“I’m engaged to the most beautiful woman ever and she wants to marry me” Frank replied
Kate walked over and sat on frank’s lap while Sadie watched her parents kiss.
“So Frankie how many people know?” Kate said with a laugh
“Ahh not too many, Just my family who are really excited…are you excited?”
“of course I am Frankie…We are finally gonna have out family…I need to tell mine which I will do soon but I wanna tell Mikey and Ali first and Gerard”
“Do you think we should tell Gerard together?”
“I know you have known him longer…but I think it’s best if I do it my self”
“Ok then and then we can tell Bob and Ray”
“Exactly…Oh and we have to tell management and that…My people are going got want to release a statement…What do you think of that?”
“Fine with me” Frank said with his infamous giggle.

Later in the day Kate left to go and see Gerard she thought it best to call in which she found he would be at his parents, So driving the short drive Kate parked her car and sat there twisting her engagement ring around her finger, she was nervous there were feelings both had and Kate knew how she felt about him and how he felt towards her, she could see this was going to break his heart.

Walking up the foot path, Kate placed the engagement ring in her pocket and knocked on the door where she waited for Gerard to answer.

Opening the door, Gerard wasn’t sure why Kate had come all she had told him was that she wanted to talk to him privately which he was happy for, but wasn’t having any big hopes.
Going inside, Kate could see that no one was home which she was grateful for as she wanted just to speak to Gerard by herself and then slowly let everyone else know of her engagement.

Sitting down in the lounge Kate was starting to feel nervous again and when Gerard sat close beside her she started to breathe heavy
“Katie are you ok?” Gerard asked
“yeh I’m ok…Just a little nervous”
“Oh”
“Um the reason I’m here is I have to tell you something and I wanted you to hear it from me rather then anyone else”
“What is it”
“FrankandIareengaged” Kate said in one mouth full
“Huh?”
Kate took a deep breath and repeated herself “Frank and I are engaged”
Gerard looked towards her with sad eyes there was so much he wanted to say “When did this happen?”
“Last night, that’s when I got back from Mikey’s and we were talking and then out of the blue he proposed”
“Katie are you ever gonna tell me what happened that night when you came here…coz Mikey knows doesn’t he?”
“I told you Gee it was just a fight nothing more…I just wanted to let you know what was happening”
“You totally ignored my question Katie…Mikey knows doesn’t he…cause when I asked he wouldn’t say anything just what you had told me…I know something else happened and I want you to let me in”
“Gerard you can’t…We aren’t together you have a girlfriend now. I just wanted to do the right thing as I know we both have feelings for each other and I will always care for you”
“Katie that’s it I know we have feelings I still feel the same as I felt when you and I were together I love you so much and I hate seeing you with some one else”
“What about Lyn-z?”
“I’m trying to move on cause your with Frank…And I know your only doing it for Sadie’s sake, But what about what you want?”
“Nothing really matter’s about what I want”
“But it should…I want you to be with me not Frank I hate seeing you guys together it hurts so much Kate, and the thing is he’s my friend like a brother and I cant do anything and what’s makes it worse is you with Sadie, she should be mine, he’s getting everything I want and that I need. It’s not fare. I want you Kate so badly and it’s like everyday is getting harder knowing that your not with me. I know you too well your trying to push me away so you can deal with this yourself and try and be the bigger person”

Kate turned her head away from Gerard knowing every word that was coming from his mouth was correct, moving closer he brushed his hand against her face moving her blonde hair away from her cheek, she slightly looked but had become extremely nervous “Katie look at me please”

Kate couldn’t she felt so guilty on how she was treating Gerard and knew he didn’t deserve this her heart was torn and seeing him was making it worse, she felt like she needed to run, runaway from him so that she would never see him again, but yet she was compelled to stay where she was , she wanted to be swept away for Gerard to hold her and never let go.

Gerard with his hand softly turned Kate’s head so that she was now looking at him with sadness, he just wanted to hold her and take her away, he couldn’t help him self leaning in their lips lingered with one another, Gerard could feel Kate’s breath’s becoming short and quick and he could feel that she was nervous, he didn’t care anymore he wanted her and needed her, they deserved to be with one another.

Moving her head forward Kate wanted to feel Gerard’s soft lips against her and she did as both crashed together, entwined with one another, feeling each other as there love for one another exploded and both wanted more.

Kate was lifted from where she was sitting as Gerard lay above her on the sofa, still as there lips crashed in to one another, now were once again exploring each other’s bodies touching what they had wanted to touch for so long but couldn’t, Kate knew it was wrong but she was so taken up in the moment that everything was floating away.

Not hearing the door open and then closed both were shocked when busted for what they were doing.