Someday I will Understand

Chapter 139 What to do now

Kate was upset beyond her wildest dreams, Finding out the truth was hurting her so much, she didnt know how she was going to tell Frank, she knew this was going to break his heart in more ways then one and she was the cause of it all.

Gerard on the other hand could also feel Kate’s pain in having to tell Frank but secretly he was excited he was really Sadie’s father but then at the same time he had missed so much of his daughter’s life, he couldn’t believe that Eliza had become so psycho and done this to him and Kate and hurt so many other people in the process.

After Keisha and Callum entered the room again, they sat down and spoke to Kate and Gerard about everything that had happened and how they wanted to catch Eliza in her own game. Kate was still angry and she wanted Eliza to suffer more then anything.

But at the same time she had Frank on her mind and wondered how she could tell him she couldn’t as far as he was concerned Sadie was his and to break his heart would truly hurt him and Kate didnt want to be the bearer of the news.

She had grown accustomed of having Frank in her life and to have a family and now that was all going to be destroyed and she didnt want to be apart of it.

Looking at everyone she spoke “I cant tell him..It would break his heart.”
Gerard looked at her with hurt in his eyes “Katie we have to we can do it together...If he loves you he will understand”
“How can you say that...Like you know what I’m going to put him through he has raised her for so long and Sadie knows him as her daddy. I cant break my family up” Kate whimpered

“Kate I do know what it’s like and Sadie’s mine I have a right to have her in my life”

“Guys let’s not get ahead of ourselves” Callum said trying to break up the tension.

Kate started to look around the room trying to gather all her thoughts together. “So what are we gonna do?” she asked impatiently

Keisha spoke up “Well first off I think you and Gerard both need to tell Frank and from there I believe you should press charges against Eliza and let her get the punishment she deserves”

“I agree” Gerard replied.

“Well I guess we can do that” Kate said lighting up a smoke and walking out on to the balcony in a daze.

Gerard looked towards Keisha and Callum “Gerard it’s hard for her, she’s trying to process everything she has been told and I can only imagine what’s she’s going through her and you as well. I’m sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news but I thought you guys had a right to know” Keisha said.

“I appreciate it more then you will ever know..I’m scared excited I’m all of the above and I’m just worried bout Kate. Did you know she’s engaged to Frank, they are planning a wedding and now this has happened I can see her spiralling out of control again.”

“She’s strong Gerard she will prevail, you just need to be there for her” Keisha replied with a smile.

Walking out on to the balcony, Gerard walked over to Kate where he could hear her sniffing “you know it’s ok to cry don’t you?” Gerard asked.

“I know that...I’m so angry and hurt my feelings are everywhere and Frank that’s all I have in my mind on how he’s gonna take it. I don’t want to hurt him” Kate said as the tears began to flow more freely.

Gerard embraced her in his arms and held on to her.

“Katie I’ll be here no matter what and I’ll help you as best as I can I promise ok” Gerard replied trying to be reassuring, Kate looked him in the eyes and smiled and doing the unthinkable kissed him on the lips.

Gerard was taken back he could see this was Kate hurt not sure on which way to go and it was hurting him that he couldn’t really help her and he wanted to help her so much. Deep down he was excited that he was truly the father of Sadie, but also saddened that he had missed out on so much of her life she was already 10 months.

Going back inside Kate gave Keisha a hug and thanked her for everything she had done and advised her that she would call her tomorrow, and let her know how everything went.
Shaking Callum’s hand, Gerard advised that he would be in contact as it seemed that himself and Kate would certainly press charges.

Heading back to the hotel where Frank was still waiting for Kate, Kate was outside her hotel room with Gerard when she opened the door.