Someday I will Understand

Chapter 142 Behind Blue Eyes

Frank was beside himself, he had never wanted to hurt Kate physically and it pained him that he had done so.
It was as though when his anger took over he had no control what so ever.

Looking at Kate he watched as she peacefully slept it was tearing him up inside that he had been cruel to her and that he had inflicted the pain she was currently in, regardless of the fact that he hadn’t really meant to do what he had done.

Looking at Sadie he watched as the little girl whom he believed to be his biological daughter played with her toys in her play pen. Picking her up Sadie grabbed on to Frank’s face and giggled while babbling to herself.

Smiling at her Frank tickled her belly which made her giggle harder, showing her baby teeth.

“Dada” Sadie cooed.

Frank laughed “Dada loves you more then you know, you’re my baby girl.”

“Dada, Dada, Dada, Dada” Sadie said over and over.

Late on Kate awoke to an empty house after seeing a note from Frank, she was glad he was gone but at the same time as he had taken Sadie she became a little worried, but tried to push it aside and to not think about it.

Walking in to the bathroom Kate looked in to the mirror and traced her finger’s along the stitches where she had been injured. Touching it a shot of pain rippled through her body.

Not sure what to do she decided to call Gerard so she could organise for him to see Sadie and to spend time with her, she knew that if he saw her with stiches he would be concerned and would want to know what happened he was already asking questions.

Grabbing her cell she called Gerard and waited for him to answer.

“Hello” a woman’s voice said.

Kate instantly knew who it was. “Lyn-z can I speak to Gee please?”

Hearing some giggling, Kate heard the voice that she had always loved that New Jersey drawl “Hey Kate” Gerard replied.

“Hey I wanted to know when you wanted to see Sadie?”

“Anytime is fine...Do you want to come by the house or do you want me to come over?” Gerard asked.

“I’ll come to you, today’s not a good day for Frank.”

“Ok...How bout in an hour?”

“Yeh sounds good” Kate replied after hanging up the phone.

Kate decided to get changed and while doing so called Frank and told him to get home as she was going out and wanted Sadie, she knew she didnt need to tell him where she was going as she was sure he would have caught on and knew straight away.

Frank came home immediately and placed Sadie back in the play pen and went to look for Kate, where he found her in the bedroom where he walked in on her crying, looking up at him Kate could see the sadness in his eyes, she wiped the tears from her face and walked in to the bathroom.

She wanted to avoid him right now as she really had no words to say to him and inside she was scared he would hurt her again.

Following her Frank did want to talk “Kate” he said looking down at the floor.

“Yes Frank” Kate whispered.

Walking over to her he placed his arms around her waist and pulled her close so that she could feel his body against her and whispered in to her ear “I’m sorry baby, I don’t know how else to make it right I’m so confused and scared.”

Kate looked in to the mirror to see her own reflection along with Frank’s eyes looking at her.

“You hurt me Frankie again...You scare me when you get like that, I’m sorry bout Sadie I am but I don’t know what else to do” Kate said speaking in a calm voice.

Letting go of her, Frank hated to admit it but he knew Kate was right and she was purely his victim of taste someone he could take his frustration out on like he had with Jamia when they had been together, it was always something he could never control.

Though with Kate it was different he had started to become violent, with Jamia it was just yelling but to Frank, Kate had something that drove him wild and when he was caught up in an emotion there was no stopping him as much as he thought he loved her.

“Frank I’ll be back later” Kate yelled from downstairs while holding Sadie in her arm.

Leaving Kate knew she would be back there tonight and hoped that Frank had finally fully calmed down.

Getting to Gerard’s she hoped out of her car and placed Sadie in the stroller and rang the doorbell, Gerard answered.

“Kate you’re here, What happen to you?” Gerard asked.

Kate ignored the question “I’m fine”

Gerard knew there was something up but at the same time didnt want to push, Following Gerard Kate walked in to the lounge area where she saw MIkey, Alicia, Donna and Don.

Donna came rushing up embracing Kate with hugs and kisses, Kate smiled.

Gerard got Sadie out of the stroller and held his daughter tightly, Sadie looked on and started to cry. Gerard started to talk to her and she got hysterical. Giving her to Kate automatically she stopped.

“Sorry she’s had a stressful day today and I don’t think enough sleep” Kate motioned.

“Aww bring her to her fav auntie” Alicia gushed.

Handing her over, Kate decided to go out side with Gerard where Mikey followed.
Sitting outside Kate lit up a smoke and inhaled the toxins. “Kate what happened to your head and you have bruising on your face” Mikey asked looking at Kate and waiting for an answer.

Confronted by both the brother’s Kate didnt know what to do, if she told them there would be trouble and if she didnt tell them they would question her and accuse her of lying. Kate was at a loss of what to do.