Someday I will Understand

Chapter 143 Never Moving Forward

Gerard stared wanting to know everything, he could sense that Kate was holding back and he so wanted her to open up.
Kate looked towards the ground, she could feel that the boys were still looking at her.

“Kate what is it that your not telling us?” Mikey asked.
“Nothing” Kate whispered.
“Kate why do you always do this, not telling us what's going on and keeping it all yourself” Gerard yelled frustrated.

Kate looked up with tears in her eyes. “Why do you always yell at me?” She whispered.

Gerard looked sad, he hadn’t wanted to hurt her but curiosity was taking over and he wanted to know what was going on with her and how he could help her.

Kate on the other hand was not sure of what to do, she hated being confronted especially by the person she truly loved, Mikey on the other hand she hated lying to as well and knew that everything would come out, but at the same time she wanted know trouble for Frank as she did care for him.

“I had an accident” She whispered.

Mikey looked her in the eyes and could sense the tension that she was under and that she was definitely not telling the truth.

Gerard wasnt sure what to say, he wanted to help but didnt know where to start so he walked off looking distance, knowing that Mikey would be able to get everything out of her.

Mikey continued to stare at Kate who had soft tears falling from her face.

“Katie what's going on?” Mikey asked.

“Everything...I don’t know where to start” Kate replied flustered as she raised her hands in the air.

“Talk to me Katie, let it out, I’m here and so is Gee...I want you to be Kate how you are always, we talk and you can talk to me” Mikey sighed.

“Frank and I had another fight” Kate blurted out feeling as though a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

Mikey looked and waited for Kate to continue. “Only it was a real bad one, he’s been so down about Sadie and I cant blame him, heck I don’t even know how I feel. But he didnt want to talk just wanted to leave and when I wouldn’t he got angry but then I did provoke him I threw his stuff out the door. And then he yanked me and pulled me forward where I landed in to the cabinet and cut my head and now I have these bruises” Kate said as she lifted up her top and showed Mikey massive bruises around her rib cage area.

Mikey was shocked from what he was hearing he knew that Frank had a violent streak but to actually use it he had never seen it before.

“Mikey you cant tell Gee, please” Kate pleaded.

Mikey wasnt sure what to say and he didnt need to. “Don’t tell Gee what?” Gerard asked looking directly at Kate.

Kate stuttered to say anything. “Nothing” Mikey replied speaking up.

“Come on I know there is something going on, So tell me” Gerard demanded.

Kate started to walk away “I have to go” she whispered.

“Kate don’t you dare” Gerard yelled grabbing hold of Kate’s arm.

Kate cowered “Please don’t hurt me” placing her hand up across her face.

Gerard pulled her into his arms and held her in his arms not letting go. “Katie I never would, I love you always and forever.”

Kate looked up and clung on not wanting to let go, feeling safe in the arms of the man she truly loved.

Gerard let go and looked her in the eyes staring in to her blue eyes trying to determine what she was thinking but unable as he could see that she was confused and it looked as though she was lost.

Mikey walked off knowing that it would be better to leave them both alone but he was angry and the only thing he knew to do was to confront his friend who had done this.

“Katie let me in please” Gerard asked.

“I cant, we aren’t together anymore, I have Frank now” Kate replied with no emotion.

“You don’t love him and it’s not fair on either of you, I do love you and I’ve waited and I’m still waiting. I need you Kate. You’re my soul mate, you’re the woman I want and need to grow old with, the one I want to share everything with” Gerard said with love in his eyes.

He had never gotten over Kate though he had been and still was dating Lyn-z, there were feeling for Kate he had never gotten over especially as they had been though so much together.

Kate wasnt sure what to say let alone do, she did indeed love Gerard with her heart but at the same time she felt for Frank she knew he hadn’t meant what he done and that he was hurting and as she continued to think if she left him then he would have nothing at all.

Kate’s mine was torn to go to the person she truly loved or stay with the one she cared for and felt sorry for, to give up her own happiness for the sake of another was where her mind was heading but her heart was saying different.
How was she to decide and what was she to do?