Someday I will Understand

Chapter 147 Baby it's alright

Frank looked at Kate's body, which lay motionless; he was starting to feel guilty again on what he had done. Not sure of what to do he picked her body up and took her upstairs to the bedroom that they shared.

After about an hour Kate slowly open her eyes and pain shot down the left side of her face, touching her cheek it felt so tender, running her fingers across her cheek she could feel the outlining of a cut, getting out of bed she walked in to the bathroom where she looked in shock at her face.

Not only was there a cut just above her cheekbone, but she also had bruising around eye, which had started to swell up. Frank was nowhere to be seen, and Kate was scared to see where he was, as she didn't want another confrontation.

Walking out of the bedroom she walked in to the nursery where Sadie was still sleeping, picking her daughter up she cradled her daughter in her arms while she slept and placed her back in her crib so as not to wake her daughter up.

Walking down stairs Kate could see that there was a mess in the lounge area and the TV was on, walking closer she noticed that no one was in there. Walking further she looked in the kitchen and saw that Frank wasn't there either.
Kate wasn't sure what to do, instinct was telling her to run and get out in which she done.

Grabbing some of her clothes and belongings, she bolted back in to Sadie's room and picked her daughter up with her baby bag. Sadie instantly woke up and started to cry.
As Kate walked she tried to calm her daughter down, which only started Sadie off worse and made her louder.

The last thing Kate wanted was for Frank to hear and for him to stop her from leaving.
Running out the front door, she bolted to her car where she placed Sadie in her baby seat and got in to the front seat and quickly drove off.

Kate had no idea where she was going and she didn't want to be seen by anyone with the bruises and cuts that she had on her face.
Pulling to the side of the road, Sadie was in hysterics and crying uncontrollably.

Kate got out the car and tried to sooth her daughter, slowly and eventually Sadie calmed down, placing her back in the car seat. Kate got back in the car where she saw cell phone ringing. Looking at the caller ID she could see that it was Frank.
Kate placed her phone down and ignored it.

Kate pulled into a local motel, looking at it she could see that it was rubbish but she didn't want to be recognized with her bruises and cuts.

Getting out of the car with Sadie in her arms who had once again fallen asleep, Kate walked to the reception where she was looking to book a room.

"Do you have any rooms available?" Kate asked.

The receptionist looked at her. "Of course we do, we also have cots we can provide as well."

"I'd like one room please" Kate replied.

After filling in the paper work and paying for the room Kate was handed the key and preceded to walk to the allocated room.

"Do you need any help?" The receptionist asked.

Kate looked back "No I'm fine."
"Are you do you want me to call the police?"

"No I'm fine, I just want to rest" Kate replied.

The receptionist walked away back to her front counter, while Kate unlocked the door her cell started to ring again. Looking at it she saw that it was Frank yet again but once again she ignored it.

In the motel room, Kate placed Sadie in the crib that was provided and got her daughter to back to sleep yet again. Kate herself was unsure of what to do, she wasn't going to report Frank, but she was now too scared to go back home and the last person she wanted to involve was Gerard.

Getting in to the cold bed Kate wrapped the blankets over her body and slowly fell asleep.

Waking up a few hours later, Kate was awoken to her cell phone ringing, looking at the caller ID she noticed it was private number, not thinking that it would be Frank she answered.

"Hello" Kate muffled in to the cell phone.
"Where are you?" Frank yelled.

Automatically Kate slammed her cell shut and threw it against the wall. Getting out of bed she went and had a shower and cleaned herself up. Sadie was awake and looking at her mother.
"Hey Baby" Kate cooed to her daughter.

An hour passed and Kate had once again checked out of the motel and had Sadie in the car and wasnt sure where to drive too. Kate picked her phone up and decided to call Gerard.
Dialling Gerard's number Kate waited for Gerard to answer.

"Hello" A groggy voice answered.

Kate couldn’t face speaking to him so she automatically hung up, not sure of where to go or what to do she started to drive out of Jersey, hoping to get some freedom. Her mind was confused and she was hurting so much but after the beating Frank had given her she was scared.

But deep down she knew eventually she’d go back to him, she felt she was going to be in that repetitive cycle as she felt bad and was blaming it all on herself for the reason the way she was being treated.