Someday I will Understand

Chapter 148 Running Away

****************************************************************************************************
A/N NOTE:
I thought I’d just thank some people for commenting and always reading my story, you guys rock and they are: Husky, Unbreak_my_heart (you comment so much and it’s so sweet you rock!!!), the_never_ending, Gee’s personal whore (love the name by the way), thriwien, louanna, xemogirlx, astro.zombie.dee, xway-lovex, fake rainbow killer, sweet revenge79. If I have missed anyone then I’m sorry but I Thank you as well :-)

So far I’ve had 305 readers so thanks for reading thus far, and I have 36 subscribers so thank you too for subscribing, Leave a comment and I’ll be sure to personally thank you!

Oh by the way this is not the end nor is the story coming to an end unless you the readers want it too, let me know what you think.

And once AGAIN THANKS for reading.

Enchanted_Sunset
xxxx
****************************************************************************************************
Out of Jersey Kate had no idea where she was going, Life for her was taking a dramatic turn, her only plan was to escape and driving anywhere at this stage was her only freedom. Frank was in New Jersey and was angry but yet worried, he'd never wanted to be an abusive person especially to the person he cared for and loved.

The woman he thought he would spend the rest of his life with. Frank understood that what he saw of Kate and Gerard was definitely misconstrued.

As far as Frank was concerned Gerard had Lyn-z and had moved on emotionally from Kate, Frank knew that if Gerard found out what he'd done to Kate then their friendship would end immediately. Frank wanted to find Kate and sooth the vicious cycle he was going through.
Once again Frank dialled Kate's number, he was in luck as she actually answered.

"What?" She asked.

"Baby where are you?" Frank replied.

"Don't call me baby" Kate hollered with an angry tone in her voice.

"Kate I'm so sorry, nothing I can say will take away what I have done and I have no excuses. You don't deserve this"

"Damm right I don't" Kate yelled while cutting Frank off.

"I know your angry at me an I deserve that but Kate I need you in my life, you’re my everything"

Kate was being swept away with Frank's kind words, but at the moment she didn't want to fully take it in. "Kate please I'm begging you to forgive me, I love you so much baby, Take me back please" Frank pleaded.

Kate wasn't sure what to say, "I'll think about it" Kate whispered as she ended the call.

Driving on Kate eventually headed to a gas station where she filled her car up. Walking in to pay she left her shades on so as no one would notice her bruises that were on her face. Once back in her car Kate drove back towards the hwy and continued to drive on where noticing a sign for Chicago, on an impulse she decided to go there.

On the way Kate has a few more pit stops and makes sure to eat and feed Sadie and clean her up. Kate eventually makes it to Chicago during the late evening, not sure of why she was there or where she was going to go.

All she knew was that she didn't want to be spotted, especially with the way that she looked. Automatically Kate thought of Bob and Kristen and decided to go there to see if they were home, not that she has any idea where Bob lives or how to drive there.

Ringing Kaitlen, Kaitlen got all excited when Kate explained she is in Chicago with Sadie and wants to know if she can spend the night, as she hasn't had time to have a hotel booked.

Kaitlen yells to Bob and lets him know what is happening, he is surprised but happy for Kate to stay. Getting the details off Kaitlen, Kate slowly found her way to the apartment that Bob shared with Kaitlen. Getting out of the car she walked in to the apartment block and knocked on the door while holding Sadie and also still wearing her shades.

Bob answered and looked at Kate with a funny face.

"Kate hey...What's with the shades?" Bob asked.

"Hey Bobby" Kate replied as she walked in to the apartment, while holding Sadie in her arms.

Bob wasn't sure what to say as seeing Kate there. Kaitlen came in to the dining area where Kate had now sat down with Sadie in her lap.

"Katie what are you doing here?" Kaitlen asked.

"Um...just needed to get away from everything" Kate replied.

"How come your wearing sunglasses" Bob asked curiously.

Kate slowly took the shades off her face where she exposed her bruises and swollen eye along with the cut on her cheek.

Bob and kaitlen were shocked to see what was in front of them. "Kate how did this happen?" Kristen asked.

"I got in to a fight" Kate replied lying.

"How, are you sure?" Bob asked.

Kate hated lying but she didnt want to involve them with her problems, if anything she just wanted to rest. Bob wasnt sure what to do so walked out of the room where Kaitlen could talk to Kate by herself.

"Kate what's going on?"

"Nothing Kaitlen, I got in to a fight trying to protect Sadie."

Kate and Kaitlen continued to talk for a short while till Kristen showed Kate where the spare room was where Sadie was already asleep, surrounded by pillows so as not for her to roll off the bed. Going in to the ensuite, Kate went and had a shower, she had no idea where she was gonna go tomorrow nor what she was going to do, all her body right now was telling her was to relax and get some rest.

Bob on the other hand was confused at seeing Kate in the state she was in and the only thought he could think of was to ring Gerard, Frank never crossed his mind.

Dialling Gerard’s number, Gerard picked up.
“Gee it’s Bob...There’s something wrong with Kate, she’s here in Chicago.”