Someday I will Understand

Chapter 149 Freak Show

Hearing what Bob had to say horrified Gerard; never in his mind did he think he'd receive a call that Kate had beaten up and by a stranger as Kate had put it. All Gerard could think of doing was ringing Frank, though Gerard did have questions swirling around his mind being what was Kate doing Chicago.

After Gerard finished speaking to Bob, he did the right thing by calling Frank. Frank was going out of his mind with worry and panic but once again he was grateful that Kate hadn't lagged him out. There was only person who knew the truth behind Kate's troubles and that was Mikey.

Who was keeping Kate's promise of not telling anyone. Kate slept peacefully and woke the next day after 9am to her daughter crying. Picking her daughter up, Kate calmed her down and walked out of the spare room to see Gerard sitting in the lounge area with Bob.

Kate looked on shocked unable to say anything, she wasn't expecting to see Gerard at all and now he was seeing her with all her bruises. Gerard himself also had no words to say seeing Kate made him just want to protect her and to harm the person that had done this to her.
"Wow" Kate whispered to herself, unsure of how to handle the situation.

"Bob can I talk to Kate privately?" Gerard asked. Bob nodded while taking Sadie out of Kate's arms so that Gerard and Kate could talk privately.

"Gerard what are you doing here?" Kate asked.

"Katie what's going on?" Gerard also asked.

"Ahh...I needed to get away so I came to Chicago" Kate replied.

"Katie...Your face, Bob told me someone beat you up...How did this happen?"

"I don't wanna talk about it, it doesn't matter. It happened and it's all over."

"Kate, Frank is worried sick about you and so am I, What's gotten in to you?" Gerard once again asked.

"Nothing...Sadie and I'll be leaving shortly anyway, I think we are gonna go to Canada."

"Kate don't be crazy, come back to Jersey with me, Heck we can drive back together" Gerard exclaimed.

Kate didn't know what to do, she so wanted to tell Gerard everything on what had happened but she knew she couldn't. Holding herself back she once again rebuffed Gerard. Gerard was unsure of what to do; he loved her so much and just wanted her to open up how they use to always be.

But Kate was holding back and wasn't willing to open up. She didn't want to go back to Jersey but she knew she had to for Frank, her mind was telling her she had no choice where as her heart was telling her to disappear.

"Gerard can we get out of here for a while?" Kate asked.

"Ahh...Sure Katie" Gerard replied shrugging his shoulders.

Kate walked out of the room and to where Kristen and Bob were sitting in their kitchen.

"Hi guys...I wanna thank you for letting me stay and I'm so sorry I'm involving you in my issues and everything. I appreciate everything you have done, so I was wondering if you guys could look after Sadie for a few hours while Gerard and I go somewhere?"

"Katie that's fine, I love the little one, she's soo cute" Kristen cooed.

"Yeh Kate it's fine" Bob agreed nodding.

"Thanks" Kate said as she lunged at Bob and Kristen and gave them a big hug. Shortly after Gerard and Kate left Bob's apartment.

Getting in to Kate's car, Kate wasn't sure where to drive but just drove; Placing his hand on her leg Gerard massaged it up and down. Kate was enjoying the sensation. But concentrated on her driving.

"Katie where are we going?"

"Maybe we could go to a hotel" Kate softly replied.

Driving a little further, Kate parked her car and placed her sunglasses back on her face, Getting out Gerard followed her while also wearing his shades, Kate knew what she wanted and she was going to enjoy it before she went back to Jersey and back to Frank where she felt she had to be. Gerard was not really sure of what was going on, he was hoping that they would be able to talk privately.

Inside the hotel Kate booked a room under the alias of MR and MRS WAY. Walking in to the hotel room, Kate loved the plush surroundings and the design of the room from the way it looked to how comfy the carpet was. Gerard followed behind her. Taking her shades off, Kate once again exposed her bruises and swollen eye.

"Kate are you ok?"

"Gerard I’m fine...Right now I don’t wanna talk about how I feel. I will say after this I will go back to Jersey, we can drive or fly I don’t really care but I will be going home back to Frank." Kate replied quickly.

"I know your going to Frank, but why are we here."

Before Gerard had a chance to say anything Kate had moved in close to Gerard and kissed him passionately on the lips, holding on to her body he returned the kiss towards her and pulled her tight against his body.

Kate felt as though she was back where she was meant to be, all thoughts had dropped from her mind and she was only concentrating on her passion for Gerard as he now was for her.

Picking her in his arms Gerard softly placed Kate on the bed, where he hovered above her and kissed her tenderly on the lips, brushing his lips over her bruises along her face. Kate looked in to his eyes and brushed hr hand against his face.
But yet not saying anything, she did not want to ruin the moment.

Lifting her own body up with her hand’s Kate pulled Gerard’s top off of him, where she rubbed her hand s along his back and pulled him closer back towards herself, Gerard knew what was going to happen.

Kissing along her body Gerard moved from her collar bone down her chest area and down to her navel. Unzipping her jeans he pulled them off and moved her along the bed and under the blankets. Taking his own clothing off both had now become fully naked as they explored one another’s body like it was a forbidden fruit.

Kate was feeling ecstacy all over her body and she wanted nothing more then to become one with Gerard, for him to make love to her, to have that security that she had yearned for so long but was too stubborn to give in to.

Gerard want to feel her, to make love to her. Rubbing against her Kate pushed her naked body in to Gerard’s and bucked her hips telling him what she wanted.

Kate could sense that Gerard was feeling uneasy, what she wanted to know was would he continue and cement his love for her or would he be feeling guilty as he thought that Kate would be going back to Frank so that this would truly wouldn’t mean anything. Kate wasn’t sure what to say.