Someday I will Understand

Chapter 15 When the heart breaks

By the time Gerard got to Kate's house he was very anxious and worried sick on how she was coping, he didnt want to see her in pain, but it was how it was, as he walked in to Kate’s house he saw that there were people there he had never seen before, he assumed them to be Kate's family.

A tall man walked over to him and introduced himself and shook his hand "Hello I'm Michael, I am Kate's father, I believe your Gerard ?"
"That's me was all Gerard could reply
"We are glad your hear she has been waiting for you"
"Where is she ?"
A smaller woman spoke "I told her to have a shower to relax, she is very stressed at the moment"
Gerard thought this would be Kate's mother.

Gerard decided to go and see where Kate was , everyone else seemed to be in there own little world, Gerard could see that Lance was sitting on the sofa with his hands over his face, Mikey waited with Keisha while Gerard went up stairs.

Once Gerard got to where Kate’s room was he could hear that the shower was still running, so he walked in to her room and called her name so she wouldn’t be startled, after no reply he walked in to Kate’s ensuite and called her name again once again there was no reply, faintly he could here the sound of crying so he walked over to where the shower was and saw Kate crunched up in a little ball in the corner of the shower crying and shaking as the hot water was hitting her naked body.

Gerard didnt know what to do so rather then wait he got in the shower fully clothed, Kate had realised that he was there and just said while still in hysterics “I’ve lost my little boy”
“I know baby, I’m so sorry”
“I just want him back”
Gerard didnt know what to say so he kneeled down next to Kate and cradled her in his arms with the shower water still hitting both of them while she cried in to his now wet clothes.

Slowly Kate looked in to Gerard’s eyes, from that Gerard could see how hurt she was and the pain that she was in, while holding her in his arms he whispered in to her ear “I love you baby”
Gerard knew what he had said and though he had only known Kate for such a short while he knew in his heart he meant it. Kate started to kiss Gerard on the lips as they softly spoke to each other, Kate said to Gerard “Hold me, I want you to make love to me”

Gerard carried Kate out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her to keep her warm.
“Baby why don’t we go down stairs to where your family is”
She looked at Gerard and with her blue eyes which were swollen from crying “ I cant go down there, I don’t think I can face anyone, I just want you, you and me together”

Gerard knew he wanted to make her feel better and he wanted to feel her and please her to make her happy even if it was only for a brief moment as he knew the grief would again take over
“Ok baby, I’ll stay here with you”

Kate slipped the towel off her body and closed her bedroom door she walked over to where Gerard was standing at the base of her bed, Kate wasn’t sure how she felt about doing what she wanted though she did know she wanted to be close to Gerard,
Gerard moved closer to Kate and picked her up and placed her on the bed, he slowly started to kiss her with soft sensual kisses and moved down to her neck and the down on to her chest, with his free hand he started to rub her, slowly Kate started to moan, she wanted to be able to feel Gerard inside her, with her hand she started to rub her hand against his erection which grew harder by the second,.

As they both looked in to each others eyes both knew what they wanted, slowly and softly Gerard entered him self with in Kate’s walls as he pulled in and out he knew that she loved the closeness and how close they were with each other, it wasn’t all about the sex, it was the people that they were when they were together.

As Kate’s breathing became faster he knew that she was ready to explode from orgasmic happiness and feeling this he didnt think he could hold on much longer as her walls were tighting around him and he could feel the happiness she was feeling. Gerard began to move in and out quick and faster and as Kate looked into his eyes, he came inside her.

Gerard rolled off Kate and kissed her soft lips and said “ I love you Katie bear”

Kate knew what Gerard was saying but at the same time she wasn’t sure if she wanted to hear it, the pain had returned, her moment of slight happiness had gone away and her heart was breaking again, As Kate lifted her hear she looked in to Gerard’s eyes showing him the pain she was going though and she softly whispered “I love you too” she knew she meant it, he was her only happiness that was left and she didnt want to loose that as well.

Kate rolled over and started to fall asleep, while Gerard got dressed, tucked her in to bed and went down stairs to see where his brother was at, as he walked down stairs he noticed that Keisha and Mikey were in the lounge room sitting on the sofa talking.
“Hey guys, where is everyone else”
Keisha looked at Gerard “They have gone to bed, its going to be a long day tomorrow, how is Kate what is she doing?
“I have put her to bed, she’s exhausted”
“Is she ok bro”
“At this stage Mikey I don’t know, I found her in the shower crawled in a ball crying”
“Shit” was all MIkey could say.

Keisha got up and made the guys a couple of coffee’s while everyone else tried to sleep, before they knew it time had passed and all of a sudden they could hear a loud smashing sound coming from outside.
“What the fuck is that” Gerard said
Keisha replied “I don’t know”
They ran outside to see where the sound was coming from, by now it had woken the rest of the household up.
They heard that the sound was coming from the garage and they could hear screaming, Gerard ran in he couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw what was happening.

Kate had a baseball ball and was using it to smash her car up while yelling at it, “Why didnt you take me”
“Why not me, you selfish bastard” The sound of the baseball hitting the car echoed through the garage, Gerard walked up to where Kate was and grabbed on to her, “Baby it’s ok, I’m here” Kate started to rant again “it’s not ok, he’s not here, the selfish bastard took him and not me, what did I do wrong”
“You didnt do anything wrong Kate” Gerard tried to tell Kate while she struggled to get out of his grip
“Baby don’t do this, I know your hurting, please let me take you inside, everyone hear loves you”
With that Kate dropped the baseball bat and fell in to Gerard’s arms, crying very hard, she didnt know what else to do her head was everywhere, not only was she hurting, she was angry and all she wanted was her little baby boy back..

Gerard took her back inside where she went to her father so he could hold his little girl tight and try to be the protector that he was meant to be, not seeing his daughter happy broke his heart and knowing his own grandson wasn’t here hurt even more.