Someday I will Understand

Chapter 152 Who am I?

Arriving at the hospital Gerard wasn't sure of what to make of the situation. When Frank had called, Frank had made no sense. All Gerard knew was that Kate had been hurt and was in hospital but not how serious the situation was.

Eventually Gerard found Frank where Gerard noticed that Frank had been crying. Walking over he sat beside his best friend whom had hardly noticed that Gerard was there as he was consumed in his own guilt over what he'd done to Kate.

Gerard spoke "What happened?"

Frank slowly turned his head showcasing his tear stained eyes. "She fell" he whispered.

Gerard didn't know what to say. All he wanted to do was be by Kate's bedside. Frank knew it was the end of himself, he realised what he'd done was far worse then what he'd ever done before. Gerard got up from where he was sitting and walked in to the room Kate was in.

Sitting beside her he held her hand, not wanting to let go. Frank could feel jealousy in his head, he wasn't going to tell any one what had happened. That he thought he would keep quite; Though Guilt was taking over on how horrible he had been as a person and to a person that he thought he loved.

Walking in to the room as well Frank looked on, while Gerard looked up at him with tears in his eyes. "You were meant to look after her, not allow her to hurt herself"

"I'm sorry" Frank replied.

Gerard said nothing; he didn't want to torment his best friend any further, as he was sure that he was under enough stress as it was.

Minutes turned to hours and the hours turned to days. 3 day's had passed and Kate had not awoken. The doctor's were however happy with her condition, the swelling around the brain had deteriorated and her injured lung was starting to heal as well.

The ventilator had been taken out, and had been replaced with a nasal breathing apparatus. The doctor's had decided to take Kate off the drugs and wanted her to slowly to now wake up, Frank hadn't left her side scared that when she woke up everyone would find out what had happened but at the same time he wanted her to wake up.

It was as though he'd had a wake up call on what he done and had decided to change his ways. His main concern was for Kate to wake up. Another day had passed and Kate still hadn't woken up the doctor's had informed Frank along with Gerard that it could take some time as Kate did have head injuries.

During the night Frank fell asleep next to Kate's hospital bed while holding her hand; Gerard had been staying at Bob's place, while Kate was in hospital.

Her eyes opened quickly and all she could see was darkness, slowly she felt that her hand was being weighed down, quickly she shook it and Frank released his grasp but automatically woke up

. "Katie?" Kate said nothing, she didn't know what to do.

Frank went and turned the light on where he saw Kate sitting up in the bed looking at him with wide eyes, he could see that she was trying to comprehend what was going on. Kate didn't know what to expect, she was very confused.

Frank didn't really know what to say, as he walked closer Kate started to cringe. "Katie I'm sorry" Frank said a soft voice.

Kate continued to look but said nothing. Frank walked out of the room and went and got a nurse to let them no that Kate had awoken.

Kate on the other hand had no idea why there were things in her, she started to pull at them but when doing so she could feel the pain tear through her body.

The nurse came in with a male nurse in case they needed to restrain Kate, as she was confused and dazed.

“Kate it’s ok, Do you know where you are?” The female nurse asked while Frank looked on.

Kate stared in horror unsure of what to say. ‘Ahh no” She whispered.
“Kate your in a hospital, you were in an accident, do you remember what happened?”

Kate shook her head, Frank wasnt sure of what to make of the situation.
“Do you remember anything?”

Kate looked up at the nurse and looked her in her eyes. “Who am I?”

Frank looked up as tears started to well up in his eyes, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing Kate say, he felt so remorseful. He had caused all this.

Frank was asked to leave the room while the female nurse stayed with Kate and the male nurse went to get the doctor on call.

Talking to the nurse Kate started to feel at ease. “Who’s that man with the tatt’s that’s crying, am I meant to know him”
The nurse didnt say much besides to wait for the doctor.

Eventually the doctor showed up and Kate was explained what had happened from Frank’s account, automatically she started to cry not sure of what else to do, she felt so scared right now and so vulnerable.

She wasnt sure where she belonged nor what to do. How she was going to deal she couldn’t answer that, she needed to talk to the person called Frank.

Frank on the other hand got straight on to the phone to Gerard and started to cry his voice trembling.

“She cant remember anything its all my fault”

“What do you mean?” Gerard asked trying to calm Frank down.

“She woke up and she doesn’t know who she is, the doctor is in there talking to her now, and I can see her crying” Frank stuttered to say.

“Huh...I’ll be there with Bob ASAP” Gerard replied as he hung up.

Gerard was on a mission, Kate had to remember he started to think that Frank didnt know what he was on about.
Frank walked in to the hospital room where Kate was sitting on her bed, looking at him trying to work out who he was, but it was so difficult for her, she had no IDEA.