Someday I will Understand

Chapter 155 Dont tell me that

Once arriving at Bob’s Chicago apartment that he shared with Kaitlen, Kate looked in the new surroundings that she felt she’d never seen before. Walking in the lounge area Kate saw a man being Bob holding a baby who was crying.

Kate felt no emotion towards the child none what so ever besides that she looked cute, there was no hint of motherly instinct in her.

Kaitlen came rushing over and wrapped her arms around Kate who had no idea what to do besides stand there like a stunned mullet. Her emotions were telling her to do something though she felt as was unable to reciprocate anything towards the person she felt she didnt know.

“Oh Kate I’m so glad your ok” Kaitlen gushed.

“And who are you?” Kate asked bluntly.

“It’s me Kaitlen, don’t you remember?”

Kate shook her head. Kaitlen looked on disappointed but understood.

“So is that your child?” Kate asked trying to make small talk.

“No she’s your’s” Kaitlen replied casually, before putting her hand over her mouth after realising what she’d just said.

Kate looked on despair, not sure of what to say. She felt as though the walls were closing around in front of her, no where to escape, her breathing became quicker as she placed her hand on her chest trying to calm down and to stop herself from having an anxiety attack.

Kaitlen automatically called Frank in to the room who came running where he saw Kate rocking back and fourth on the floor.

“Katie What’s wrong?” Frank asked.

Before she had a chance to answer, Kaitlen spoke up “I kind of told her about Sadie”

Frank shot Kaitlen an evil look, all he wanted to do was comfort Kate, he was going to try as hard as possible, as he placed his arms around Kate, she pushed him away. “Don’t touch me” She snapped.

Frank was taken back but knew to expect it as she had no memories of him, to her he was simply a stranger.

Gerard came rushing over, where Kate had now gotten her self up. “I need to get some air” She replied as she walked to the door.

Gerard followed her to the front door where Kate opened it and walked out with Gerard right behind her.

“Kate stop please.”

“Why, Why should I stop, What more don’t I know?” Kate yelled in frustration.

“Kate there is a lot we didnt want to overwhelm you.”

“I have a kid, a child I don’t even remember, I cant be a mother, I don’t want to be” Kate replied.

“I know Kate, it’s hard for you right now but it will get better, that I promise you.”

“So am I married, what else don’t I know about my life?”

Gerard looked on unsure of what to say.

“Answer me Dammit” Kate yelled in to Gerard’s face.

“What do you want to know?” Gerard asked quietly.

“Am I married?”

“No but your engaged to a man you don’t love, Frank.”

“How can I not have loved him, he’s the father of my child” Kate replied through gritted teeth.

“He’s not the father I am” Gerard whispered.

“Oh my god this is too much, what am I a fucking screw up?” Kate exclaimed as the tears flowed freely down her face.

“No your not, that I promise you” Gerard replied as he moved closer to Kate and tried to hold her.

“Don’t touch me please.”

“Kate I know this is hard, but it’s the truth that I promise.”

“How can I believe you, you say I don’t love a man I’m engaged to and that you’re the father of that child in there.”

“That child’s name is Sadie and you love her so much, she’s your life. And I’m not lying, you and I we are meant to be together, I know you cant see that right now, but I want to help you.”

“I don’t want your help, If I’m engaged I’ll work that out myself, you seem like trouble” Kate replied.

“Katie please hear me out, I know you don’t remember anything but know that I have always loved you and the only reason your with Frank is cause you thought he was the father, you and I Kate we have been through so much.”

Kate wasnt sure what to think, there was so much information that for her it was an overload, she had thought her life would have been simple, but yet it was so complicated and she had no idea what to do.

“I have to go” Kate replied as she walked back in to the apartment looking for Frank.

To her if what Gerard had told her was the truth, she had a man in there that she was engaged to, and to her that meant she must of loved this person or still did if they were to get married.

Finding Frank, she looked him up and down. Wanting to say something she couldn’t. Did she go to him or walk away?

{Whats Kate gonna do???, love all your comments keep em coming!!}