Someday I will Understand

Chapter 156 I just want to hold your hand

Kate was more then confused she really had no idea what to think, these people to her were telling her these things and she felt as though she had no choice but to believe them. She felt though that she was unable to walk away, to her these people had all the answers she required.

Staying put for now Kate was determined to fins out everything about her self and at the same time try and get to know Frank, as she saw it he must be heart broken that the woman he loved had no memories of him.

What Kate didnt understand was why if she loved Frank had she had a child with Gerard that was playing on her mind and she knew she had to ask the question but at the same time she didnt know would be the right time.

Frank looked at Kate with sorrowful eyes she couldn’t understand why, to her maybe it was the fact she couldn’t remember the love that they once shared.

“Frank, can you please take me home?” Kate whispered.

“Sure Katie” Frank replied.

Grabbing everything that was needed Frank packed it in the car, Gerard had no idea what to say whether he should go with them or if he should just fly back to Jersey, he was determined more then ever to win Kate’s heart back he loved her so much and it was killing him that she couldn’t remember anything but that she didnt want to have anything to do with him.

“Gee are you coming with us?” Frank asked.

Gerard looked up and smiled “Yeh that would be great.”

After saying goodbyes the three of them along with Sadie hit the road with Frank in the driver’s seat. It was going to be a long drive but no one seem to mind. Kate was content looking out the window, but at the same time she would not make any eye contact with Gerard nor did she want anything to do with the child that was her’s.

Gerard could see that Kate was utterly and more then anything he wanted to help her to take all this confusion away from her and for her to get to know her daughter again.

Finally they arrived in Jersey after the long 11 hour drive with only a couple of pit stops, Kate hadn’t really said a word and had fallen asleep for most of the trip, which got Gerard and Frank talking.

Gerard still wasnt aware of Frank abusing Kate and as far as Frank was concerned he was never going to find out, as Frank had tried to put the guilt out of his mind, his main focus now was to help Kate recover and then marry her like he had first intended and to never lay a hand on her again, what he wasnt to know was that was going to be harder then he thought.

Kate was awake when Frank had pulled the car in to the driveway at the jersey home they shared together, Sadie had been taken by Gerard as he was going to look after which had made Frank protest as he thought it was best for Sadie to be with her mother, where as Gerard had disagreed as Kate at the moment had no idea really what she wanted nor what she really needed.

“We are home!” Frank said with a smile.

Kate looked at the house and smile, to her it seemed normal. Getting out of the car she followed Frank to the front door where he unlocked it and let them both in the house. Instantly Kate stared at the insides of the house, it was neat but yet modern. Looking for pictures, she found some of her self with Frank where both were happy. Kate could only assume it was the truth.

Right there and then she made her decision to get to know Frank again and she would marry him. This was her life and she was going to get use to it yet again.

Gerard was back at his parents house where his brother and Alicia had been staying while Kate was in hospital, Instantly Alicia took Sadie out of Gerard’s arms and started to babble to her niece while making funny faces.

“Gee your home, where’s Kate?” Mikey asked.

“She went home with Frank, she doesn’t remember me and she’s scared of me...I think she actually hates me.”

“Gee she doesn’t hate you, she’s just confused. I know she doesn’t remember anything but it will come back to her and she will come back to you, I can feel it” Mikey replied.

Later in the evening Frank showed Kate where there room was.

“Um you can sleep here or in the spare room, I’ll sleep where ever you don’t want to.”

“It’s ahh ok, I’ll share with you...Um Frank I’m sorry I don’t remember anything. I feel so confused.”

“Katie don’t be sorry this isn’t your fault at all, I love you and I’ll wait, I’m here for you. Are you sure you want to share, I don’t think I’ll be able to keep my hands off you” Frank replied as he tried to lighten the mood up.

A smile crept on Kate’s face, Frank showed her where her clothes were and started to leave the room as Kate got changed.

“Don’t leave” Kate whispered.

Frank obliged and stripped down to his boxers where he got in to bed and waited for Kate, eventually after putting a night gown on Kate got in to the bed she had once shared with Frank. She felt uncomfortable being there but pushed them thoughts away as she cuddled under the blankets.

“Hold me” Kate said.

Frank placed his arms around Kate who was feeling secure. Falling asleep she dreamt ”STOP please” the voice screamed, Don’t hurt me! Please. The smash of glass echoed in her mind

Kate instantly opened her eyes in fright, looking around at the clock it was now after 4am, wiping the beads of sweat off her face she lifted Frank’s arm off her body and went to the bathroom to have a glass of water.

She wasnt sure what she’d seen nor whether it was a dream but it truly scared her. Looking in the mirror she stared at her own reflection trying to determine who the person was in front of her.