Someday I will Understand

Chapter 161 Some things never change

Inside the house Kate watched as Gerard picked up their daughter from his brother and put her in her high chair where it was time for her to eat so food.

Sadie looked at her mother with love in her eyes and held her arms out wanting to be picked up. Kate wasnt sure what to do. Gerard smiled as he whispered. “Pick her up.”

Kate felt content hearing his voice and did just that, holding her daughter for what seemed like the first time, Kate was amazed more then amazed the little person she was holding was a part of her, her blood.

Gerard smiled sweetly as he watched the two girls he loved the most with all his heart, The two people he would protect with his life, bond with one another.

Kate was starting to feel comfortable holding Sadie, as the baby giggled while trying to grasp on to Kate’s long hair, which made Kate smile towards her.
Finally placing her daughter in the high chair Gerard had her food ready, a nice yummy jar of baby food.

Sitting down besides the high chair, Gerard placed the baby spoon in to the jar and scooped out some the food where he put it near Sadie’s mouth who had it wide opened waiting to be fed.

“That’s my girl” Gerard cooed.

Kate couldnt help but smile, she could genuinely see that Gerard cared about their daughter and was so natural being a father.

After feeding Sadie, Gerard got her out of the high chair and placed her in the playpen that had some of her toys where he could hopefully talk to Kate and find out what had truly happened.

Mikey on the other hand was chilling in front of the TV as both boys were house sitting as their parents took a much needed vacation.

“Mikey move” Gerard growled as he taped his brother’s legs which were sprawled over the sofa.

“Fuck off” Mikey hissed back.

Gerard looked towards Kate who was standing but watching her daughter at the same time who was happily banging one of her toys on the side of the play pen. Gerard watched intently with happiness as Kate was starting to recognize she had a daughter regardless of whether she remembered or not.

“Kate wanna go my room?” Gerard asked.

Kate nodded. “Mikey look after Sadie please” Gerard asked.

“Sweet” Mikey replied.

Following Gerard down the hallway to his room as Kate walked in Gerard closed the door to give them some privacy.

Kate looked at the photo frames that stood individually on the shelves in Gerard’s room, Kate could see they were all of her, by herself, with Gerard. Looking at a particular one there was one of Kate in hospital holding a newborn baby with Gerard beaming beside her.

Kate ran her finger’s along it taking in every inch that the photo had to offer. Studying it further she tried to use her mind and think of this time in her life, nothing was coming to her.

Frustrating as it was Kate knew she couldnt take it to heart. She hoped eventually her memories would return.

Gerard was content watching Kate study the photo’s that he had of them, if anything he hoped it triggered something for her.

Walking behind her he pointed at the photo that Kate couldnt keep her eyes off, the one when Sadie was just born.

“That photo there was taken a few hours after Sadie was born.”

“Wow...really she looks soo small” Kate replied.

Gerard was happy that Kate was feeling comfortable, he hadn’t told her that he actually had a girlfriend which was still Lyn-z. Gerard didnt want to have any mistrust between them but as he felt he’d break up with Lyn-z soon. So that his undivided attention would be on Kate and Sadie.

Talking a little, Kate asked some questions about the photo’s . Kate sat on the bed where Gerard moved closer towards her and held his arms her body holding her tight not wanting to let go. Kate was enjoying it as she shifted her body so that both were laying down, eventually Kate closed her eyes and drifted in to a light slumber.

A few hours passed and Kate was awoken by the doorbell, hearing a female voice and Mikey’s, she suddenly heard footsteps coming to Gerard’s room where the light was switched on and Mikey looking at both of them. Instantly Kate got up from where she was laying as Gerard shifted his body to block the light.

“Gerard wake up, Mikey’s here” Kate whispered.

Gerard looked as his brother as if to say what the hell. Mikey spoke softly.

“Lyn-z’s here”

Gerard got up and bolted out the door, leaving Kate speechless.
But then she heard the squeals. “Baby..Oh I missed you” and heard Gerard’s voice.

“I missed you too Baby.” Hearing them words cut Kate like a knife with a sharp blade. Gerard to her had lied yet again.

Walking out the room to where Gerard was she looked at him with cold eyes trying to hold back her tears.

“Kate I can explain...” Gerard tried to reply as Kate had grabbed her stuff and walked out the front door, looking back at the house she had thought was her home, she walked away hurt from the man she felt safe with.

Walking in to the unknown Kate hesitated for a minute and then dialed.

“Hello.”

“Come get me please.”

“Where are you?”

“Walking away from Gerard’s.”

“I’ll be there in a few.”

“Thanks Frankie” Kate replied as she shut her cell phone.

Kate didnt need to wait long for Frank to arrive, as soon as she arrived. She hopped in to the car where Frank looked at her with sorrowful eyes.

“Kate I’m sorry bout earlier, I was a prick and I’m sorry”

“Frank don’t worry about it, Life goes on” Kate replied swiftly. Ending the conversation still having only thought’s of Gerard, not able to get him off her mind. She hated it this person had captivated her and he had lied.

Kate decided there and then to not follow her heart as it would only lead to more damage.

(More pictures have been added, @ www.myspace.com/somedayiwillunderstand in My Album)