Someday I will Understand

Chapter 162 One in a Million

Back at Frank’s, Kate had calmed her nerves down, she didnt want to get herself worked up over nothing. If anything the worse thing for her was she felt like she had no where to go and not anyone to turn too.

There was no one there for her, she hadn’t met her family which kind of scared her.

She felt she had no support network to help her rather she was having to make her own decisions which she felt hard as she wasnt sure which way to go.

Looking at Frank he looked peaceful and content. Kate couldnt help but smile and hope the outburst she’d seen was a once off as it had truly scared her and she didnt want to become a victim.

Before long Gerard crept in to her mind yet again and she began to reminisce over the photo’s she’d seen in his room and how happy they looked, jumping to there own conclusions she thought they had broken up as he now had another partner and that Frank must have helped her heal her heart and that maybe just maybe she’d really fallen in love with him.

Kate wasnt sure what to do but she was willing to give Frank the benefit of the doubt and get to know him again, as she’d seen the photo’s of them and it seemed like they had fun and were truly happy with one another and if anything all Kate wanted was a little happiness.

She felt she deserved that. With Gerard she wanted to put him to the back of her mind, she wasnt willing to follow her heart she was now going to go with her instinct where ever it may lead her. To her that was the best judgement she could make.

Frank on the other hand was also happy and hoped that Kate would let him in, Frank felt he had to let go of his anger, it was his fault Kate’s memory loss had occurred and as much as he hated himself for it, he vowed never to tell anyone unless Kate regained her memory and she spoke to him about it.

Right now more then anything he wanted to gain the trust of Kate again as he felt he loved her and he wanted her to see that and hoped that she would fall in love with him. He hated thinking that but he wanted the girl and didnt want Gerard to have her as he’d already lost his daughter that he had come to love and was very protective of.

Standing still Kate stared out the window as different thoughts crept through her mind, shaking the thought of Gerard away she started to focus on Frank, walking over to him as he was in the lounge sitting on the sofa sitting there ever so patiently waiting for Kate to come to him, she finally did.

Walking up to him, with her hand she placed her hand in his where she tried to pull him up to her height. Standing together both gazed into each others eyes. Kate felt she had to take the plunge to see if there really was any feelings towards Frank she may have truly had.

Moving forward she tilted her head in and kissed him softly on the lips, Frank was taken back but went along with it but wasnt sure of what Kate’s reaction would be.
Slowly she opened her eyes and smiled while still looking at him.

“What was that for ?” Frank whispered.

“Just cause” Kate casually replied.

“I like kissing you” Frank said.

“I liked it too” Kate genuinely replied.

Moving in again this time Frank made the first move and pulled Kate’s body closer to his where he placed soft kisses on her lips, Kate was shocked she was actually enjoying it, but she wasnt sure whether it was just lust or it truly was love that she had for Frank.

Gerard on the other hand was in the midst of an argument with Mikey on how Mikey had called him a jack-ass for the way he had treated Kate.

“I know Mikes, I fucked up!”

“To right you did.”

“I didnt think Lyn-z was getting back yet.”

“It’s not good enough, You should have told Kate be honest with her, she would have respected you for that, rather you keep it a secret. She likes you Gee you could see it in her eyes, there was something there, regardless of whether she remembered or not there was truly something there and well I think you have fucked it up.”

“I know” Gerard snapped.

“Remember she aint the same person, this Kate doesn’t know who she is and it’s hard for her the last thing she needs is more crap in her life”

“Mikey just stop it, I know already” Gerard yelled.

Mikey backed down but at the same time hoped his older brother had seen his point, and hopefully Gerard would be able to rectify the problem that had occurred.

Gerard was saddened at what had happened he loved Kate and had really forgot about Lyn-z coming back but now that it had happened he hoped he would be able to sort it out and get the love of his life back.