Someday I will Understand

Chapter 166 Happy Lives or NOT

Kate was settling in to her new life of motherhood and being the perfect partner, she loved Gerard and their daughter so much and was glad that finally she had a proper chance at happiness, rather then all the destruction she had gone through.

Since Kate and Gerard had been back together, She hadn’t seen Frank afraid he may hurt her. But at the same time she felt for him especially as he had truly given her his heart and wanted more then anything for Kate to return his love which she never really was able to do.

Aside from the physical pain Frank had caused Kate she still respected him, she had no idea why he had turned violent towards her and she doubted very much that she would actually find out.

It was eating at Kate that she hadn’t told Gerard bout what Frank had done but at the same time she wanted to protect him and his friendship with Frank.

They were like brother’s and the last thing Kate wanted to do was go and ruin that, if anything the main thing Kate was focussing on was destroying Eliza or if anything allowing the law to deal with it and hoping that Eliza got some form of punishment.

On the other front Kate and Gerard had started to go house hunting and were looking for properties in New York as Kate absolutely loved the buzz of it but at the same time was also pining for the outdoors and hot beautiful weather of California.

Gerard on the other hand really didnt care whey they lived as long as they were together to him that would be home.

Getting home one day Gerard found Kate in the lounge of his parents house on the floor looking at photo’s

“Babe what ya doing?”

“Just looking at wedding things”

“Awesome”

“Gee I was thinking what would you think about moving to LA while Sadie is still little and when’s older come back to Jersey where she can go to school?”

Gerard looked shocked at by what Kate was asking he had never really thought about it, moving to California was going to be something big especially when they would have no family around.

“Ahhh...I don’t know”

“Oh” Kate replied with a soft whisper.

“Why do you ask?”

“I don’t know I just think it would be good, you and I by our selves but I understand.”

“Kate it’s not that I really haven’t thought about it especially when it’s just sprung out in conversation like this, I thought you wanted to move New York, Do you really want Sadie growing up in LA?”

“Well I would have said Florida like Tampa but I know that you would be totally against it, but LA I know you like it out there and well Hayden’s out there and I guess I wanted to be close, I feel like I’ve abandoned him even if he aint with me anymore.”

“Aww baby I didnt know you felt like that...” Gerard replied. “Katie are you ever gonna really tell me what happened with Frank and that night, I feel like your holding back.”

“Gee there is nothing to say you know the truth and that’s all that should matter, there is nothing else to talk about.” Kate replied as she got up off the floor and walked towards the kitchen to pour her self a cold drink, Gerard followed.

“Katie I don’t want to argue...it just feels like your holding back and I don’t want you to...I’m here and I always will” Gerard said as he kissed Kate softly on the cheek.

“I know that... but it’s ok, I’m ok..Frank and I had a fight that’s it.”

“Ok...But talk if you want ok.” Gerard didnt want to push Kate and hoped that over time she would fully be honest with him, he knew she was holding back but he wasnt sure on what.

And now with Kate wanting to move to LA that was also on his mind and then there was Eliza who had been found guilty of fraud but rather then be arrested and taken to jail, she was give a fine as it was a first time offence.

To Gerard that hurt to the core, he had only found out the results from his lawyer and was holding it back from Kate cause he was sure there would be hell to pay if Kate found out.

At this stage Kate wasnt aware of the outcome but when she found out. People would not make it out alive, that’s how livid Kate felt towards Eliza especially as she had tried to destroy so many people’s lives.

Kate when finding out in which she certainly would, but Gerard hoped that he could stall her in finding out so as though to be able to calm her down, rather then have Kate do something that she would later regret.