Someday I will Understand

Chapter 167 I aint no saint

It didnt take long for Kate to find out about Eliza and it wasnt Gerard who had told her rather she had received a call from Keisha stating how sorry she was, upon hearing the news Kate was livid but decided to suppress her feelings.

There was a time and place for her feelings and at the time she didnt feel like sharing them with Keisha after all she had done, in being so helpful in helping Kate and exposing the truth.

Deep down Kate was truly appreciative of what Keisha had done and had expressed it throughly in which Keisha had just shrugged it off as not a big deal. Kate loved her for that and wished that their friendship could go back to the way it use to be.

But Kate knew that it would take time to heal the rift however she was grateful that Keisha was making the attempt to do so.

After getting off the phone to Keisha, Kate looked around for Gerard where she found him outside with Sadie who was trying very hard to walk.

“I just got off the phone to Keisha” Kate exclaimed.

“Really how is she?”

“She told me that stupid bitch got off her charges and was only charged with a misdemeanour as it was a first time offence”

“Really?” Gerard asked trying to look surprised.

Kate started to read his facial expression and could tell that there wasnt something right.

“You knew didnt you?” Kate asked.

Gerard said nothing, knowing that what ever he said was going to upset Kate.

“Talk to me” Kate spoke raising her voice ever so slightly to let Gerard know she was getting angry.

“Yeh I knew.”

“Why didnt you tell me, when did you find out?”

“Brian told me and I only found out not long ago.”

“So you thought that it was better to keep it from me, Come on Gee...I thought we weren’t gonna keep any secrets” Kate asked

“I know baby...I just didnt want you to be hurt or over react.”

“What you don’t think I don’t have a right to over react...This stupid bitch tried to ruin my/our lives and you think I should just sit by and let it go?’ Kate asked.

“No babe I don’t...but at the same time I think we need to move on and not let it get us down it’s only gonna hurt us when really we should be happy with what we have, being me, you and Sadie...Our family that’s what I felt was more important” Gerard replied.

“I know what your saying really I do..but she hurt me so much and you...how you cant be angry I don’t know...she literally took your daughter away from you.”

“I know and I know that there will never be a day that I don’t forgive her but at the same time I cant wallow in pity...There is more to life and I aint gonna let her succeed in destroying in what happiness I have” Gerard replied.

Walking over to the man of her dreams Kate understood where he was coming from but at the same time thoughts were brewing in her mind on how she was going to make Eliza pay.

Kate was more then angry she was mortified that the justice system had done nothing for her nor her family and as she continued to think about it she knew she would have to take justice in to her own hands and make sure that all that helped in this evil deed would pay with Eliza being the number one on her hit list.