Someday I will Understand

Chapter 196 Someday I will Understand

After what seemed liked hours Kate was still sitting in her card waiting for Eliza to arrive, Kate wasnt sure how long she’d been there and knew that it was time to go.

Starting the car up yet again, Kate drove the short drive home to which she shared with Gerard and his family until they being Gerard, Kate and Sadie had their own place to call home.

Walking in the front door, Kate could see Gerard frantically pacing up and down the kitchen with a phone in his hand while also holding Sadie, so as not to startle him, Kate called his name.

“Gerard.”

Gerard looked around to see Kate there looking as beautiful as ever.

“Katie where have you been, what’s going on?”

“Nothing Gerard, absolutely nothing.” Kate calmly replied.

“But Frank rang me and said you wanted payback cause of Eliza.”

“Don’t worry about it, it’s ok...I wont do anything stupid. I’ve come to realise my family is more important and I don’t want to do anything to jeopardise that. I love you and Sadie so much you’re my world.” Kate replied as she walked over to Gerard and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

“Do you really mean that?”

“Yeh baby I do...I wanna start a life and family with you...Maybe Eliza didnt get her just deserve and ruined lives, but it’s in the past. And I need to move forward from that.”

“Baby that’s great....I love you and Sadie so much as well.

Placing her bag down Kate moved towards the lounge where she plonked herself on the sofa when all of a sudden the phone rang which gave everyone a fright as none of them were expecting it.

Gerard answered as Kate watched. Kate could see Gerard’s facial expression become serious and Kate wasnt sure what to expect.

As Gerard got off the phone, he placed his daughter down in her play pin and walked over to Kate, still with the same serious face he’d had since the phone call.

“Gerard is everything ok?”

Rather then say anything Gerard picked Kate up in his arms and kissed her once again on the lips.

“Baby what’s that for?”

“Because I love you soo much.”

“Aww I love you too” Kate replied still confused by Gerard’s actions

“What’s going on?”

“Cant I be happy with the best woman in the world?”

“Yeh I guess but I’m getting worried, Why are you soo happy for?” Kate once again asked.

“I cant believe you would do this for me...I know where you had your heart on and to do this means the world to me” Gerard replied

Kate had no idea what Gerard was on about, but she wanted to find out and wished he’d stopping talking in riddles.

“Baby what do you mean?”

“The apartment Katie...they said yes.”

Kate looked on and then realised what Gerard was on about, when they’d had there discussion about where they wanted to live. Kate had at the time been content on living in California.

But had soon realised that really wasnt where she wanted to live she had family now and people that loved her, who she now counted as her own family.

So as a surprise to Gerard she’d gone and looked at the apartment they had chosen before they’d had the moving discussion and put in a bid for the apartment.

Kate had realised it didnt matter where she lived as long as she had Gerard and Sadie then she would be home.

“Surprise” Kate yelled with a smile.

“I love you Kate more then you will ever know and always.”

“I love you forever and ever and always.

As time passed Kate snuggled with Gerard on the sofa and knew she’d found her life partner and glad that happiness was finally coming her way.

As she saw it someday she would understand how fate bought her and Gerard together. It was their destiny and they were for once going to be a family.

Happiness in the end would always prevail as it had finally for Gerard and Kate

The End

(Please comment...hope you liked the ending)