Someday I will Understand

Chapter 18 A new beginning

Awaking the next morning Kate had the worst head ache, she knew everything that had happened and she couldn’t believe she had gotten that bad where she wanted to end her life, she just wanted to forget about it and hoped no one would judge her for the way she acted.

As Kate walked down the stairs she noticed there were a couple of females in her house she had never seen before in there pyjamas, she knew that they weren’t friends of Keisha’s so rather then scare them she started to speak “Ahh hello there, um who are you?”
One girl who was kind of short with shoulder length brown hair turned around startled “ Hi I’m Jamia, Frank’s girlfriend, I’m sorry did we wake you?”
“No you didnt, I cant sleep anyway, nice to meet you I’m Kate but I’m sure you already know that”
Jamia just laughed and pointed at the other girl “This is Alicia, Mikey’s Fiancee” “hi” Alicia said and waved.

“Wow congratulations, Mikey never told me that”
“That’s cool, but thank you, Is Gerard still asleep, Mikey is”
“Um I guess I don’t know, I have been up for a while, I was sitting in my sons nursery”Kate said as a tear slid down her face, today to her was the day she didnt want to break down like the night before she wanted to be strong she knew she could do it.
“We are so very sorry for the loss of your son” Jamia said with the utter most sympathy speaking on behalf of her and Alicia
Kate didnt say anything but smile, “So where are you from” Alicia asked
“I’m from good old down under, meaning Australia, I assume you ask because you can hear my accent”
“Yeah its like very out there, but it fucking rocks”
Kate knew that she was going to be good friends with these girls, “So Kate I hear your going on tour with the boys, I’ve done it before and I pre warn you, bloody be careful, they are literally like animals on that bus, I have been on it before and though it’s heaps of fun, I swear it can get to you, like none of them having a shower and having food all over the bus or should I say rubbish” Jamia said laughing
“Shit I didnt even think of that, I’m sure I’ll cope, im used to living out of suitcases and going from one country or state to another” Kate said

Gerard was awake and standing on the stairs listening to the girls talk and have a laugh, he could even here Kate laughing, to him that put a smile on his face, he didnt mean to pry but to hear Kate sounding happy meant the world to him though he knew he could only take it day by day with her and he was happy to wait.

After this past week and all the events that had happened he felt that with Kate there union was solid, he knew that she was borderline with how her moods would be and he knew he had to be understanding and he could do that, with what had happened he felt they had gotten a lot closer and with the talk they had last night about what Kate had done when she was down on the beach, he felt that she had opened up more to him especially when she truly explained the feelings she was going though and how she thought that now her son was gone that her life meant nothing.

Gerard had also opened up to and told her how he felt towards her and that he would never leave he wanted to be there for the long haul, and any problems that would arise they could tackle them together. He also explained his substance abuse and how he had become suicidal twice, but he also knew there was to much to life for him to leave.

Gerard walked down the stairs and greeted everyone and gave Kate a kiss on the forehead
“Aww how sweet” Alicia said
“Thats love for ya” Gerard said
“OH MY GOD GERARD WAY YOUR IN LOVE AND WHAT DOES KATE THINK OF THIS” Alicia said laughing trying to mock Gerard
Kate spoke up “I guess he will do” she said laughing

Kate hadn’t felt like this happy, in what she thought seemed like an eternity, though in the back of her head she thought why am I happy do I deserve to be
Gerard could see that she was questioning her self just by the way her nose twitched and she stared in to endless space, “Baby you deserve it and you know it”

“So what have you got planned for today” Gerard asked looking at all the girls
Jamia spoke “Well Alicia and I are going shopping and Kate is more then welcomed to come, then tonight we are catching a flight back to New York”
“Thanks guys, I’d like to but I think I should stay in I’d be more of a hindrance then anything else and my family are also leaving tonight which I’m really sad about, so I should spend sometime with them and properly introduce them to Gerard”
“That’s cool girl, we should exchange numbers, and thanks so much for having us here”
“That’s fine Jamia, it was no problem at all, I would definitely like to exchange numbers you can help me when I go on tour with the boys” Kate said with a big smile

The girls went off shopping and everyone else had gotten up, no one knew bout Kate’s ordeal, besides the people that were there and she was happy it was going to be kept that way.
Kate sat down and talked to her parents and introduced Gerard as her boyfriend to them, she then proceeded to tell them how she was going to get away and go on tour. Kate’s family weren’t impressed, they wanted her to come back to Australia for a while, but they also knew that once she had made a decision that was it, so in the end they decided to be happy for her and asked that Gerard look out for her and if there was any sign of trouble to call them so they could get Kate to come home.
Gerard understood where Kate’s parents Michael and Carol were coming from them, and he respected that they were upfront with their concerns but he did promise to look after there daughter as he did truly cherish her.
Kate was glad that Gerard was able to meet her family and also to be able to speak to them, she felt that her father and Gerard had hit it off as they were constantly talking, which made her feel he had given his seal of approval which to her meant the world to her especially at the difficult time she was going though right now.

Before long it was time to take everyone to the airport to Kate it was hard as she didnt want see them go there were a lot of tears along with hugs and kisses, What Kate had found out was that Lance was going back to Mississippi with his family and he urged Kate to go with him to know avail, he told her he wasn’t coping and just needed time to think things through, though Kate was upset she knew for Lance it was the right thing to do.

Mikey and Frank also said there respective goodbyes to Alicia and Jamia, Kate promised to keep in contact and talk to them soon, so all that was left when leaving LAX airport was Frank, Bob, Ray, Mikey, Gerard and Kate.
Kate new her house was going to be empty so she asked the boys to come back rather then go back to there hotel so she would have company and not have to spend the night alone in her big house.

By the time they arrived at the house it was late and everyone was getting sleepy, Kate on the other hand felt she couldn’t sleep and Gerard was in the mood where he wanted more then sleep. Everyone else went to there respective rooms that they were staying in and Kate and Gerard headed to Kate’s where they could have some alone time and be close with each other, both knew what each other wanted and both were more then happy to give it.
Kate closed her bedroom door and jumped in to bed where Gerard was waiting for her with an evil grin on his face.