Someday I will Understand

Chapter 22 This is the best day ever

****************************************************************************************************
Please comment and tell me what you think so far and let me know if I'm dragging the story out, if you have any ideas, let me know, all comments are welcomed, i just wanna get some feedback on what direction i should be heading in or if i should keep it how it is ****************************************************************************************************

Waking up the next morning Kate and Gerard just cuddled in to each other, Gerard felt happy that he had been able to get Kate to see the light that she wasn’t alone, that he loved her and wanted to be able to help her through this difficult time.

Kate also felt happy to realise that she wasn’t alone either, but her next problem was whether she was able control the inner demons that were inside her head trying to tell her what to do.
With a smile she kiss Gerard on the lips and removed the blankets from her and got up, Kate knew that Gerard was leaving this morning and as much as she knew he had go she didnt want him to, to her when he was around it felt like everything was alright.

Kate’s phone started ringing, wondering who it was as it was a private number she answered
“Hello”
“Kate, its Jared, where did you go last night?
“Oh shit, I’m so sorry, I was talking to my boyfriend we made up and I ended up leaving”
Jared who was on the other line sound disappointed, he had liked Kate and wanted to get to know her better.
“That’s ok, did you wanna catch up in my room for lunch or something?”
Jared thought he knew she was temperamental; especially with the way her attitude was, that if she accepted he would give it one more go so why not try and take advantage.
“Sure Jared that would be fine, how does bout 12 or so sound?”
“Yeah great, I’ll see you then”
By now everyone had woken up and with out realising Keisha had walked out in a singlet and underwear, Frankie saw her pointed at her and started laughing, once Keisha had realised what she done, she ran back to her room screaming and put on a robe, too scared to come out she stayed there for a few minutes.

Gerard made himself a coffee and looked towards Kate, while he studied her beauty he thought that he could see that she was happy but he also now knew she was one to keep things in and when she couldn’t handle it she would push people away. One think Kate was keeping from Gerard was that the day before last she had visited a doctor in San Antonio who had prescribed her Fluoxetine in other words Prozac, as she felt that she was depressed and couldn’t cope and the doctor was happy to hand over the prescription.

Gerard and the guys were ready to leave, they were now heading to Tampa, FL for a show , their tour bus was there to pick them up, one by one as the guys left they gave Kate a hug and told her they were looking forward to seeing her in a couple of days, once it got to Gerard Kate started to cry, Gerard wiped away her tears “sugar don’t cry, we will be together in a couple of days, I love you Katie bear” Gerard said as he started to leave
Kate held on to him and wouldn’t let him go “I love you too”
“Baby I gotta go now”
Kate let go of her grip and kissed Gerard goodbye

After the boys left Kate went to her suitcase and found her prescription, she hadn’t started taking the medication yet, but now that Gerard had left she thought she had no choice but too.
Keisha walked over to Kate “Whatcha doing”
“Nothing, just um nothing”
“Kate what are you hiding?”
“Promise not to say anything?”
“Kate what is it?”
“Do you promise?”
“Ok then I promise”
“I have these tablets that are going to make me better, I went to the doctor and he gave them to me”
“What tablets” Keisha asked getting concerned
“Prozac, these will make me happy while Gee isn’t here”
“What the fuck, you don’t need them”
“Oh but I do, trust me I’ll be fine” Kate said trying to be confident
“Ok girl, you be careful and I’ll be watching, if you get out of control or change, I’m taking them away”
“I’m going out for a couple of hours, I'm having lunch with Jared”
“Kate don’t you think you hanging around with Jared has caused enough shit”
“Keish we are just friends everything will be ok” Kate said as she took a sip of her water and swallowed her tablet

Gerard and the guys were on the bus driving to florida, everyone had decided to play video games and Gerard was in a better mood knowing that Kate and him were back together, though he did have reservations on how she was really coping.

Back at the hotel Kate had left to have lunch so Keisha decided to ring Gerard, she kind of felt guilty lagging on her friend but Gerard was Kate’s partner and she thought he had a right to know.
Gerard’s mobile rang he answered
“Hello”
“Hi Gee it’s Keish”
“Hey Keish, How’s my girl doing?”
“She’s ok, she has gone out for some lunch, the reason I’m ringing is cause um... Kate is on medication”
“What do you mean medication”
“She said she went to the doctors and got prescribed Prozac and she thinks while she isn’t with you she can take them”
“Argh FUCK,” Gerard didnt like the thought of Kate taking prescribed medication due to the fact he now knew she still wasn’t coping and he wasn’t there to stop her, he felt that she would continue to spiral out of control.
“I told her I’d be watching and trust me I will be”
“Ok Keisha, ring me if she changes”
“I promise”
Gerard hung up and began speaking to the guys “That was Keisha, she told me that Kate is taking Prozac to help her while I’m not there
“She will be fine man, don’t stress, maybe she needs it, it could help “Ray said trying to be reassuring
“I know man, I just love her maybe too much and I don’t want her to hurt herself again”

Kate was now at Jared’s room where they were eating room service and mucking around.
Jared moved closer to Kate and looked her in the eyes and said “Want some speed”
Kate not fully understanding said “Yeah sure a drink would be nice”
“Um Katie, this you cant drink you need to breathe it in” Jared said with an evil laugh
Kate feeling uncomfortable decided to leave, Jared blocked her way “Aww come on Katie, I thought you had more guts then that, just have some, it wont hurt you, what’s the harm in a little fun”
“Jared... I don’t know”
“Come on it can be our little secret”
“When did you start doing speed”
“I can be a bad boy and you can be my bad girl, it’s only recreational use- you worry to much Katie”
Kate was becoming increasingly uneasy, she liked Jared and thought he was a great guy, but she had never seen him like this before
“So you gonna have some”
Feeling pressured Kate said “yes” if Gerard was ever to find out he would be so angry at her.

Getting out some drinks Jared and Kate started to do some shots’s and done a couple of row’s of speed
Kate could feel that her head wasn’t there, she wasn’t sure if she was on a buzz and she didnt care she felt happy, it was like she had all this energy and just wanted to run around.
“Oh my fucking god, this is fucking good shit”
Jared moved closer to Kate and put his arms around her and they both started to twirl, “Katie I really like you, why are you with that muso guy for, you deserve so much better”
Kate who by now was high from the crystal meth didnt know what to say so she giggled “Jared I like you too, gee gee is cool, he’s my protector. I know I’m gonna ring him”
“ Kate don’t”
Kate pushed Jared out of her way and grabbed her mobile and dialled Gerard.
Kate started to laugh again
Gerard answered “Katie”
“Gee Gee, what ya doing my beautiful person, who’s in a band” Kate said as she continued to laugh
“Kate what’s going on?”
“Nothing baby, I’m just happy, very happy, y’know I like your band, cause you play music and you play music with me, only our music is better” Kate said bursting in to laughter again
“Kate are you drunk, your not making any sense”
“But I am , I can see clearly, I can see the sky and the clouds and it’s blue and I don’t know but um you can have an ice-cream”
Gerard was getting concerned, he had never heard Kate like this before and he knew straight away that she was on something and it wasn’t Prozac “Kate what have you taken”
“hmm.... it’s a secret, I cant tell”
“Katie please tell me” Gerard said
“Well it’s like a crystal, you know I like crystals”
Gerard realised she had taken crystal meth also known as speed
“Where the hell did you get that from”
“That my baby is another secret, well baby my time is up, I love you Gee Gee”
“Baby don’t hang u...”
With that the phone clicked, and Kate started to dance around the room.